It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS Poll: How Many Have Taken Back Food Upon Finding Out It Was Made In China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I was just wondering how many people there are like myself who don't trust other countries to produce our food. I mean I see that even our vitamins, and apple juice that we give to our kids are being produced in places like China where the majority don't even believe in a God who demands we treat others with respect for life.

Given the recent track record of China when it pertains to the petfood poisoning which was done simply to make more money, and the newer tainted coumodin medicine poisoning, I was wondering how many have seen the new country of manufacture label on juice and other food items that say China and or historically non friendly countries, and have taken them back out of concern for their families wellfare.

Mods could you please allow short one line responses for this thread since who needs to write a book when a simple yes or no will do?

[edit on 25-7-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Well I dont shop at walmart for food.

So I dont really have that proplem.

But that happened to my mom.
And now I check to make sure that it wasnt made in china.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
My cat died from eating pet food from China. I always check labels now. I don't care what it is, if it's from China, I don't buy it.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
in places like China where the majority don't even believe in a God who demands we treat others with respect for life.

You don't require a God to make quality food or respect people, you can be just as moral or moreso without being indoctrinated. I don't want to start a big religion argument but since you brought it up I'd just like to mention that. You could have brought up their government, poor working conditions, poor standards as the cause but you chose lack of God... why? Do you think the Chinese workers actually go "Oh those darn Westerners, I'm going to slip some lead into this." They don't have time for that... they are working probably 16+ hour days just to survive.

Aside from that, you get what you pay for. I'm pretty sure there is some pretty bad stuff in 1st world countries as well. If you have ever worked in the jam or applesauce industry, you will never eat it again after you see how many bugs, rotten fruit, etc end up going into it. If you don't know who is making your food or how, it doesn't really matter if it's being made in China or not... the only way to 100% know what is going into your food is if you grow it yourself.

[edit on 7/25/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 7/25/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I think I would rather trust some food coming out of China than the GM food being produced in the West.

As for the poster who said about food coming from a country that does not beleive in God ....... Where do you get off? Religion has absolutely nothing to do with food production or procurement. Most of the world does not beleive in a christian god ....... does that make their food any less edible? Some people want to get out more and visit different parts of the world.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

In regards to the pet food issue, you can't tell from the packaging. I called the company to find out if any of the components were manufactured there which was recommened by an article I read.

There is also a list of recalled products on the ASPCA and on a FDA recall list. It is a voluntary recall so consumers may be buying unaware. I no longer buy those products.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
I was just wondering how many people there are like myself who don't trust other countries to produce our food. I mean I see that even our vitamins, and apple juice that we give to our kids are being produced in places like China where the majority don't even believe in a God who demands we treat others with respect for life.

Given the recent track record of China when it pertains to the petfood poisoning which was done simply to make more money, and the newer tainted coumodin medicine poisoning, I was wondering how many have seen the new country of manufacture label on juice and other food items that say China and or historically non friendly countries, and have taken them back out of concern for their families wellfare.

Mods could you please allow short one line responses for this thread since who needs to write a book when a simple yes or no will do?

[edit on 25-7-2008 by TH3ON3]

If you take back food wondering if it was made in china then you basically have nothing to eat LOL

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
i havent thought too much about what goes into food, but i wont buy skin creams, shampoos or other toiletry products after a bad experience with moisturiser

new topics

top topics

join