It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiohead's video without cameras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Radiohead's video without cameras

news.bbc.co.uk

Radiohead have made a music video for new single House Of Cards using 3D images and lasers instead of cameras.

The result was then scanned into a computer and the result mixed together using special software.

Data from the video will also be made available to Radiohead fans so they can make their own short clips.

The band are well known for using new technology, most recently allowing fans to choose how much they paid for their latest album In Rainbows.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
WOW! If you haven't seen this vid yet it is a must see.. You can seee the CNN news story of how the video was shot with lasers here:

CNN video on the Radiohead video and how it was made

You can see the full length music video of the Radiohead's song "House of Cards" here.. Which I believe now includes all the laser data they are releasing so people can manipulate it themselves.

www.youtube.com...

The song and the album "In Rainbows" is obviously not anything new and I believe you can still download the entire album for free on their website (I got it a couple months ago).

It's good to see some musical geniuses out there who are willing to take chances like this and challenge convention. It is truly an artform..
Enjoy!!

-ChriS

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-7-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Cool video. Too bad this is the weakest song on the album. Should have done Reckoner.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Here is the direct link to the downloadable data

They released it so people could use it to make their own short video clips. Very cool!

code.google.com...

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
While it's cool and all that, I'm not really sure it falls in the "Breaking conspiracy/alternative news" category.. I mean, it's not even really news, it's just "Yay, cool gimmick thing"

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
It was a recent news story at the BBC, CNN, and other media outlets.... That is why it is here and not elsewhere.. But if the mods feel it necessary to move it then feel free to do so.
But the thread is built around the BBC news story itself that was kinda the point of putting it here.

-ChriS

[edit on 25-7-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
How is it connected to a conspiracy? Do you have some theory about it?

new topics

top topics

join