It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Edgar Mitchell interview backing off statements made on Karrang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I really wanted to believe that this was finally something of substance out of Dr Edgar Mitchell. I defended him in threads about the topic of his Karrang radio interview. I thought this could be the begining of at least some of the truth coming out. Then I came across this transcript of a new interview with Edgar Mitchell. It seems to me he is almost completely backing off on his statements made during his Karrang interview. I am really not sure what his motives are but he is back to the same old Edgar being vague and nothing but a second hand information. I have to wonder if he has been told to back off.

Here is the transcript from blogtalkradio.com. Posted tonight new interview.
blog.blogtalkradio.com...

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Erasurehead]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Perhaps he had a phone call from NASA!

2c

H

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
I really wanted to believe that this was finally something of substance out of Dr Edgar Mitchell. I defended him in threads about the topic of his Karrang radio interview. I thought this could be the begining of at least some of the truth coming out. Then I came across this transcript of a new interview with Edgar Mitchell. It seems to me he is almost completely backing off on his statements made during his Karrang interview. I am really not sure what his motives are but he is back to the same old Edgar being vague and nothing but a second hand information. I have to wonder if he has been told to back off.

Here is the transcript from blogtalkradio.com. Posted tonight new interview.
blog.blogtalkradio.com...

What would happen if say I threatened your wife or your family because I had total power given through presidential decree to do to you or yours anything I wanted and get away scot free. Would you back off just a bit? I think you might, unless you were totally insane. But I like your name, how many have you erased? And stop trying to erase the truth, the new interview was still brilliant and he DIDN'T back off the statement that Roswell WAS a cover-up and we retrieved a crashed UFO along with dead and live aliens.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3

What would happen if say I threatened your wife or your family because I had total power given through presidential decree to do to you or yours anything I wanted and get away scot free. Would you back off just a bit? I think you might, unless you were totally insane. But I like your name, how many have you erased? And stop trying to erase the truth, the new interview was still brilliant and he DIDN'T back off the statement that Roswell WAS a cover-up and we retrieved a crashed UFO along with dead and live aliens.

I do not want to erase the truth I want the real truth to come out. Don't you find it odd that in the Karrang interview he is making statements as if he had first hand knowledge and a week later in an interview he says he was misquoted and doesn't really know anything for sure. Sounds like he has been "asked" to rethink his statements.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

No I do not. I lied when the lives of not only my family were threatened, but those of innocent people I had been associated with. And when you know what some of these people are capable of it really makes you think.

Is telling the truth I mean ALL of the truth really worth my life and all the lives of those threatened. In this matter I say no. So what do you say to that eraser?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

I do not want to erase the truth I want the real truth to come out. Don't you find it odd that in the Karrang interview he is making statements as if he had first hand knowledge and a week later in an interview he says he was misquoted and doesn't really know anything for sure. Sounds like he has been "asked" to rethink his statements.

i don't see where he backed off any statements he made. Lisa (the interviewer) in this new interview had misquoted him, so he corrected her. he never says in the original interview that he has first hand knowledge. he said that he worked with scientists he trusted, and who trusted him because he was an astronaut, who told him about the aliens. i don't believe he ever says nasa has anything to do with the aliens.. and we already know nasa is a smokescreen so it would not make sense if he did say nasa knows about the aliens... it's nasa's job to not know about the aliens

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

TH3ON3,

Maybe my intentions are not clear in my original post. I am not bashing Dr Edgar Mitchell. I absolutely would lie to protect the wellbeing of my family. I agree with you. He is backing off his statement for what ever reason. Listen to the Karrang interview and then compare what was said then and what is in the transcript of this interview. Not exactly the same.

I'm not the only one who is seeing him backing off. Here is a post from anther thread. He was on Fox and Friends this morning and again it seems he is backing off. I did not see this interview.

Posted by Dronetek on another thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...
posted on 25-7-2008 @ 07:13 AM
He was just on Fox and Friends and really seemed to back off his statements. He started attributing a lot of what he said to "lore" and backed off ever seeing or hearing anything. He kept basing it on "lore".

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1.01
i don't see where he backed off any statements he made. Lisa (the interviewer) in this new interview had misquoted him, so he corrected her. he never says in the original interview that he has first hand knowledge. he said that he worked with scientists he trusted, and who trusted him because he was an astronaut, who told him about the aliens. i don't believe he ever says nasa has anything to do with the aliens.. and we already know nasa is a smokescreen so it would not make sense if he did say nasa knows about the aliens... it's nasa's job to not know about the aliens

You don't see where he backed off on his statements only because you do not want to see. Please go back and listen to the Karrang interview and you will see that the tone is completely different.

You tell me if this isn't backing off on what he said on Karrang. Did you even bother to listen to it or did you just read the threads?

From the Karrang interview:
"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real"

From the blogtalkradio.com interview:
"Are we alone in the universe? And of course science has not been able to prove that we are or that we are not. But we’ve been looking, of course, for habitable planets throughout our galaxy and star systems close enough to be observable and coming slowly to the conclusion that yes there are inhabitable planets out there. But that’s a long way from saying we’ve been visited"

From Kerrang interview:
"Its been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it"

From the blogtalkradio.com interview:
"Well, we’ve all seen the pictures of the so-called aliens – “little grays.” I have no first-hand evidence that that’s true, but I do accept the fact that those seem to be the prevalent story"

So he goes from being privileged to have been briefed on some of it to I have no first-hand evidence that that's true.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
you just jumped to the conclusion he had some "official" breifing by military/insiders that it was real.

In the kerang interview he never says he's seen a ufo or alien, he basically repeated what he said before- all the info about ufos is 2nd hand. But the words he chose in your mind added more gravitas to the meaning.

in the other thread i explained all this but alot of people here simply dont want to know the truth.

Oh and as for the secret government threatning him. Why didnt they do it over the last 15 years when he's said the same things?

This reminds me of the x-files writer being interviewed and even though he states none of the episodes are based on real cases and are more myths/legends they heavily fictionalised the ats member who asked the question just refused to believe his answer. Saying he's been "got at" etc.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
you just jumped to the conclusion he had some "official" breifing by military/insiders that it was real.

In the kerang interview he never says he's seen a ufo or alien, he basically repeated what he said before- all the info about ufos is 2nd hand. But the words he chose in your mind added more gravitas to the meaning.

in the other thread i explained all this but alot of people here simply dont want to know the truth.

Oh and as for the secret government threatning him. Why didnt they do it over the last 15 years when he's said the same things?

This reminds me of the x-files writer being interviewed and even though he states none of the episodes are based on real cases and are more myths/legends they heavily fictionalised the ats member who asked the question just refused to believe his answer. Saying he's been "got at" etc.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by yeti101]

Come on now. You mean to tell me that when someone states that they have been "privileged to have been briefed" on the subject that you don't think it was from official sources?

When someone is briefed about something it is usually from official sources in the know stating the facts. I have never heard anyone use the word briefed when talking about second hand info from "old timers" from their old neighborhood.

During the Karrang interview he spoke with conviction. Quote -"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the FACT that we've been visited" now its " I have no first-hand evidence". From it being a fact to well I heard about it.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
you know why nit pick over edgar has said in interviews. I think his views are pretty clear, to anyone who listens carefully to his words. Edgar has done his bit, and now its time for other high profile astronaughts to back him up. Wheres Armstrong hiding, its obvious that he knows something, and all it would take now for this whole thing to come out now would be for him to come out and back Edgar. Once its out in mainstream, they wont dare touch him. The people who are hiding this stuff on ufos, know once the secret is out and sold to mainstream media, the public will want them to dig deeper. What these people are really scared off is legal liability, they have been doing alot of illegal stuff for 50 years, who knows how many people they have killed and threatened to keep this stuff silent. What these people really fear is Jail. (In effect taxpayers money is being used to habour a bunch of criminals).

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This is BS. He's not backing off of his statements. FOX News got the story wrong and he's correcting it. He never said NASA was covering it up, he said the government. That's it. Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
In my humble opinion, I believe the gist and thrust of his first statements were his genuine sentiments. This is just a knee jerk reaction from the backlash.

I am exercising my opinion and personal preference to accept his original verbiage over this 'reconsidered' testimonial.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I gotta tell ya, i haven't read the transcript of the original interview on Karrang, so i'm coming into this interview clean. I thought he did a good job, I came away with the impression that this guy absolutely believes in aliens. The simple fact that this guy was an astronaut and has been to the Moon is, quite frankly, enough to warrant a reputable source.

He confirmed his Roswell stuff, but you guys want something new. You're just impatient, and i get that. I personally believe aliens do exist. I'd love for that to be common (confirmed) knowledge and i'm confident that it will be in my lifetime, whether they've been here yet or not.

Even so, it'd be nice to see ONE good video or picture.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I agree with everything you've said. I noticed towards the end of the interview (uk radio station) that his phone started ringing....I thought that it was probably NASA telling him to shut the f*** up! lol...jk

But after watching him on Fox, I am more convinced that someone called him. He was short with the idiots on Fox and friends and at the very end of the interview, he made it a point to say "NASA had nothing to do with this" or something on those lines" HE STATED IT LOUDLY! Go back and listen.

I've heard rumors that some of these guy can lose their pention if they talk about ANY inside NASA issues....Not to mention UFOs.

Can we blame him? I want to believe but I also have the understanding that some people have lives and family's to worry about.

Edgar made enough news to fuel imagination and investigation for years to come! That interview will lead to the truth sooner than later! Thanks Edgar!

BTW.....Love the bilderberg reference...hahaha

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill.

I thought that was your speciality ?

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
but NASA is covering it up in my opinion. Gary Mckinnon people hes on trial for hacking nasa while he lived in the UK. he got into NASA and the DEPT of defense, he said he found a file that read, cropped ufo pics and Ufo pics un cropped. NASA's just as guilty,.. but its true that edgar is not saying these things about nasa, only Gary Mckinnon who actually hacked em is saying this.

new topics

top topics

join