It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO reports: The truth is in here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

UFO reports: The truth is in here

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

A RECENT spate of UFO sightings around the world has believers in a frenzy, but even the inside scoop from a former astronaut is not enough to sway the sceptics.

Yesterday, aliens popped up in the news again as NASA sought to distance itself from former Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell who claimed extra-terrestrials have been coming to visit for decades.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ufosociety.com.au
www.skeptics.com.au

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This article is worth a good read, seems NASA is trying to slap their past spacemen on the wrists.

Theres also some good links in this article too, such as skeptics Australia www.skeptics.com.au...
The Australian UFO society www.ufosociety.com.au...

Plus a host of other articles from the Australian. This newspaper is one of the most reputable papers in the nation (Yes, I\'m Australian)

Seems the media is really getting the drums sounding.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by crackerjack

Thanks for the links OP!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Great find!

The skeptic spokesman Barry Williams makes me laugh out loud. He is claiming we are all seeing Venus, Jupiter and Saturn.

What a joke this guy is. First he comes up with these hilarious explanations and then he says this:

The brain needs to find answers, it can’t stand not knowing, so it comes to an explanation and quite often it’s wrong.

Yes Barry you are indeed practicing what you preach, keep it up.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
That there is little concrete proof that life exists offworld?
What does he want , a Grey to come up to him and then buttprobe him?
Oh and yes I beleive him when he says we're ALL seeing Venus or a flock of birds turning at once, I think he's talking out of his Uranus.....

I bet he's the kind of person who believes the sun might not come up again in the morning or that the Sun revolves around the Earth.

OI BARRY, GET BACK TO YOUR CAVE!!!!!

He obviously thinks he's far more intelligent than the average person and that we can't make our own minds up about anything.
That our tiny little minds can't comprehend the scale of the universe? and that life doesn't exist out there?
do me a favour.
Although He might be right slightly , the majority of people just cant comprehend 'their place' in the universe or how we fit into the grand plans that are afoot in creation. So we bumble along trying to find the facts only to come up against these brick walls that are people like this Barry donut and the Governments that lie to us about alien life.

[edit on 25/7/08 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
He obviously thinks he's far more intelligent than the average person and that we can't make our own minds up about anything.

This Barry guy displays ignorance with his narrowminded beliefs which is appalling. But the sad part is he passes it off as being the truth due to a "scientific" approach. The explanations he presents are laughable at best and some people even take this joker seriously. He even goes as far as saying:

it's all in your head, and you're wrong

This comment makes me sick. And he is supposedly using a scientific approach, but he is clearly just trying to outright debunk and he does a terrible job as expected.

I think he is just a scared little man, who cannot accept the possibility that we are not at "the top of the foodchain" and this scares him to death. That's why he hides behind science. I checked out his website and he also takes potshots at the paranormal, stating that it cannot be proven by science so therefore it doesn't exist.

This guy is so full of *** it's not even funny.

Sorry for the rant.

sty

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
i was hoping that NASA will get decent at least in the last minute of the day! the more they deny it , the more they will be hated when the disclosure will happen..

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fastwalker81

This Barry guy displays ignorance with his narrowminded beliefs which is appalling. But the sad part is he passes it off as being the truth due to a "scientific" approach. The explanations he presents are laughable at best and some people even take this joker seriously. He even goes as far as saying:

it's all in your head, and you're wrong

This comment makes me sick. And he is supposedly using a scientific approach, but he is clearly just trying to outright debunk and he does a terrible job as expected.

I think he is just a scared little man, who cannot accept the possibility that we are not at "the top of the foodchain" and this scares him to death. That's why he hides behind science. I checked out his website and he also takes potshots at the paranormal, stating that it cannot be proven by science so therefore it doesn't exist.

"We love mysteries and we love solving them, just look at how popular crime fiction and crime TV shows are,” Mr Williams said. “The brain needs to find answers, it can’t stand not knowing, so it comes to an explanation and quite often it’s wrong"is what Barry Williams said .
I bet he also believes that the CSI Las Vegas team can solve a murder in 2 mins with all the DNA equipment they have and that is also plays 'jazzy' music.

Like you said Fastwalker 'He's just a scared man ', that wants to appear as if he's in control , but being a man of science he know's all there is to know about the universe, so I think we should all bombard his email inbox with letters of undying loyalty and state that seeing as he is 'all knowing' he must be God.
I therefore vote that we ALL make Barry Williams GOD of all things ------ the cardinal of crap. the bishop of bullsh*t and the reverend of retard.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I therefore vote that we ALL make Barry Williams GOD of all things ------ the cardinal of crap. the bishop of bullsh*t and the reverend of retard.

Thank you for almost making me buy a new pc monitor, as I nearly sprayed my coffee all over it.

top topics

join