It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the 2nd amendment what i seen today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I took my kids to see this in person in my town.walking up and down on main street.I had to show my suport. but the local law was not happy even saying it was breaking the law but it was not and thay did not stop it.
I wish more people stept up to are goverment like the guy ho started this.

www.woodtv.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Works for me! We have 2 shotguns, 2 handguns, a rifle, a BB gun, and 2 pit bulls.

Luckily I live out in the boonies and no one has anything to say about it.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yep in many areas "open carry" is completely legal. When I lived in Colorado, many hunters would walk into the restaurant where I worked during hunting season with a pistol at their side.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Source:Wiki

It does weird people out in today's society, however this is our right, if we do not claim it, we may loose it.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by slayerfan

Nice find, makes me feel like a pansy. i love that sort off non disruptive statement. we need more off it.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

not really a find I was thare.just a few blocks from my house so I had to go.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by slayerfan]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Personally, I'm actually more comfortable with open carry than with concealed carry.

I think the organizers were silly though in claiming that the rally was "educational not political" - of course it's political, it's people publicly making a point of exercising their legal rights.

There is nothing wrong with that, I don't understand why the doubletalk

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Proud of you and thank you, now i need to get this skirt off and find my pair.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

I really dont see the doubletalk. did you see any anti Obama signs or pro bush, mccain signs? I actually asked a police buddy of mine a couple months ago if it was legal and it sure is. I find this very educational, really how many people here knew they could do this?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

you are vary right.I think thare was more to the story.im not shure what but I think somebody had a confrataishon with the police and got in trouble
for this same reason and is fighting the charge but I could be rong.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Slayerfan,

That may explain it then, some kind of demonstration permit hassle or something.

anotherdad,

I guess it's just a matter of how you define "political."

I see it as "political" because it takes a stand (IMO a correct one) on a political issue (2nd Amendment rights), not because it endorses a particular political party or candidate.

I realize the word has a negative connotation, but it shouldn't.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Way To Go!! I would have helped out, but I live 45 minutes away, and I had no ride that way.

The right to bear Arms is one of the better Ammendments and it should be upheld. Having you support them, the way that you did is great Slayerfan. I am proud of you.

Like I told you though, had I known about it, I would have been there with my gun attached to me. I am Happy this happened, people should know that this was bound to happen.

top topics

join