It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inconvenient Facts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

You'd never know it, but Canada's greenhouse gas emissions have actually been falling in recent years.

Naturally, there were no celebrations from environmental groups, who prefer to dwell on the unrealistic Kyoto Protocol goal of reducing Canada's GHGs by 6% below 1990 levels.

If we took every vehicle off the road, every plane out of the sky and every train off the rails, we still wouldn't reach our Kyoto target.

That's how ridiculous and politically-driven that protocol is.

Canada reduced its greenhouse gas emission for the second year in a row in 2006, down to 721 megatonnes from 743 in 2004.

It's a 1.9% drop. In fact, Canada's GHG emissions were down 2.8% in 2006 compared with 2003.

Source

A few days ago I opened up the Winnipeg Sun and saw this. Clearly this man is off his rocker proclaiming that pollution is actually going down and has been going down for the last 2 years in Canada.

After reading this I thought how would the enviro-alarmists interpret this? After all we have the Canadian Al Gore, Stephane Dion, proclaiming that the only way to get pollution down is tax tax tax.

Boy I tell ya, these doomsayers are getting more and more transparent and desperate as people start to realize this whole global warming/end is near propaganda is merely leftist-liberal fear mongering in order to yank your vote and your money. After all, they know how to spend your money better than you.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Could Canada pass on some tips to the UK? Despite a proliferation of policies aimed at reduce them, our carbon emissions continue to rise .....

Source

Britain pumped out more greenhouse gases last year under the EU carbon trading scheme designed to cut emissions, according to figures released in Brussels.

The British increase was 2.2 per cent. There was an overall increase across Europe of 0.68 per cent, or 16million tonnes of CO2. Emissions rose in ten of the EU's 27 countries, including Germany and Spain, despite the scheme's target to cut CO2 by a fifth by 2020.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Could Canada pass on some tips to the UK? Despite a proliferation of policies aimed at reduce them, our carbon emissions continue to rise .....

Here's how we are doing it:

Canada has reduced its reliance on coal and oil burning electricity and replaced it with more hydro and nuclear.

Source

Here's your problem:

In the year 2005 the percentage of primary energy derived from major sources was as follows:

Natural gas: 40%
Oil: 33%
Coal: 17%
Nuclear power: 8%
Renewable: 2%

Wikipedia

Solution

LONDON, July 14 (UPI) -- British Prime Minister Gordon Brown says his government will place no limit on the number of nuclear power plants that can be built by private companies.

Brown plans to fast track the construction of at least eight nuclear power stations to cut Britain's dependence on foreign oil following its dramatic rise in price, The Independent reported Monday.

Source

Is it not ironic that environmentalists who so opposed nuclear power would rather have us oil and coal?

BTW I don't believe in that CO2 is a GHG nor do I believe in the GW.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Cool Hand Luke]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The irony is the same tampon burning loony left hippies who are AGW enthusiasts are the same ones who are anti-nuclear power!!

Cretins all

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Bumping this one for because of the elections. It's important to see some facts rather than propaganda when casting your vote.

new topics

top topics

join