It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sight is overrated.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I miss life before I got contacts when I couldn't see or read and I didn't have a care in the world.
. All this visual stimulation is getting to me.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I miss life before I got contacts when I couldn't see or read and I didn't have a care in the world.
. All this visual stimulation is getting to me.

??????????????????????

Sight is not over rated, sight is the best sense of all as it is what evolution gave us as our most powerful tool.

After the bashing you should
because your posts :shk: and you sound like a spoilt
! So.... stop
about your
and get on with it!

LOL... thanks for the emoticon practise. I always wanted to do a post like this....

No offense, but truely sight is a gift of nature we need to care for.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm not sure about sight...there are some things I've seen in my life that I will never ever forget. My newly born children, watching my nieces and nephews being born etc. I also have to admit I'm a bit of a voyeur. Not in the sexual sense but I LOVE, and can't help but to stare at and examine people, on the bus, on the street, in the mall. Their facial expressions and mannerisms, the way they dress, if they have a wedding ring on etc etc. Ok, that sounds really creepy but I'm not honestly!

But I have a son with a hearing impairment. His favourite thing to do when things get chaotic at home is to take his hearing aid off and enjoy his peace and quiet. Every once in a while, I can't help but think that'd be an awesome thing to do be able to do...just zone out and relish the quiet.

Michelle

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Sight is not the most useful tool. I disagree. I would rate touch, smell, and hearing over sight. Hearing is so much more important than being able to see. If you couldn't hear think of how your life would be! I had to get ear surgery when I was in eighth grade because I had bad hearing before then. Imagine how life was like for me before that.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So before contacts did you come to ats?

or did you come here and just kinda improvise what you read?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Yes I did come to ATS before I had a good pair of contacts. I finally got a decent pair of contacts in December of last year. Yes, I pretty much had to improvise what I read. I always had trouble reading threads and I always had trouble really understanding what people wrote because I just had difficulty seeing the text on the pages. At one time I had to make the text on forums like this really large just so I could read it clearly. It's a lot easier for me now to browse forums like ATS with having had my vision corrected with the new prescription of contacts that I have.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Thats cool, cuz I hardly read what others type.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Than how do you respond to threads?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I also have bad eyesight, and it is one of the most annoying things ever.
I don't understand how you could like it.
It's troublesome.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

I like it because I believe that life would be a lot more difficult for me if I had perfect vision. Corrected vision is enough for me. I just find it so difficult to cope with all the visual stimulation.

top topics

join