It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets start to use our minds people...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
It's funny how no matter where you go on Earth, people all over the world from all kinds of different cultures all have a "sense" of God. I honestly think that this "sense" has been instilled in us by "higher ups" to create a sense of conscience in order to deter us from crime. Granted that this "sense" dates back milleniums, it is still possible that it was created by man, for man. I think all of the theories and controversies over religion are stupid. Also, isn't it funny how all religions have no physical proof of their diety? They all just "believe". People are so gullible.

Mr. M

There are proofs such as miracles, prophecies etc., personal revelations and situation altering from God.
Pretty much more evidence than that "higher ups" embedded this "sense".
And how could humans create it?
Such advanced civilisation would surely leave some kind of evidence and with all that incredible technology they could escape disaster.

Jesus isn't coming back. He died 2000 years ago.
And even if there was some sort of miracle and his living form could return - it wouldn't be up to him to judge.
Jesus was a man. Only God can judge mankind.

He resurrected remember? He was also given with all powers. He is God.

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Megaquad]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   

IF when Jesus comes back for the second time and we (the human race) have sent colonies to mars??? would Jesus ONLY judge the people on earth???

He's gonna come back way before we have colonys on mars.

think that when Jesus arrives again, if he does, he'll be put into a loony bin

Last time he came in humility, this time he will come in power and great glory. Its God against man ur talking about and God wins!!!!!!!

jesus aint judgin' noone nowhere

funny how you veiws compleatly contradict the bible

Now you tell me how this is different from religions.

|Religion is mans attempt of reaching God, Jesus is Gods plan to reach man.

They all just "believe". People are so gullible.

Yea I agree, weird isnt it. Were taught evolution so we believe it, were taught Jesus is a fairy tale so we believe it./ The truth is Jesus is God, he came and died to save.

Jesus was a man. Only God can judge mankind.

Jesus is God, he claimed to be God and lived as God. he died for us but came back to life.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad

It's funny how no matter where you go on Earth, people all over the world from all kinds of different cultures all have a "sense" of God. I honestly think that this "sense" has been instilled in us by "higher ups" to create a sense of conscience in order to deter us from crime. Granted that this "sense" dates back milleniums, it is still possible that it was created by man, for man. I think all of the theories and controversies over religion are stupid. Also, isn't it funny how all religions have no physical proof of their diety? They all just "believe". People are so gullible.

Mr. M

There are proofs such as miracles, prophecies etc., personal revelations and situation altering from God.
Pretty much more evidence than that "higher ups" embedded this "sense".
And how could humans create it?
Such advanced civilisation would surely leave some kind of evidence and with all that incredible technology they could escape disaster.

First of all, miracles are just things that don't normally occur. Things that are very well possible of happening all of the time, however, they are in a way "freaks of nature" if you will.

Prophecies are made by people with insight into the future, intellectually. They are not "revalations" from God. If God was to reveal something, he would reveal it to everyone, not just one person. Also, more prophecies have been proved wrong than right. Which basically means that if you prophecy 100 thing, and 5 turn out to be correct, in the public eye you are a "prophet".

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   

He resurrected remember? He was also given with all powers. He is God.

No. He was not ressurected. There is no proof to this idea and in fact everything points to either a fraud or his actual death on the cross.
Paul The Liar gave Jesus the power - not God. Another man bestowed divine power on Jesus and this certainly does not make him God.
The conspiracy was completed by the Council of Nicea in the 3rd century.

I have a lot of respect and love for Jesus' teachings but I totally deny him as God. History points to politics and one man in particular creating Jesus as divine, to cement their own power over the masses.
Christianity was never meant to be a faith with another man as God. Paul took the idea, corrupted it and then sold it with the help of Rome.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
i do not believe in a big angry god condemning everyone to hell for not living a righteous life or accepting his gift as salvation. this so ridiculous!!! it would make a most evil entity to torture someone in an unimaginable torture chamber just because they would not accept or acknowledge his gift. this extremely selfish, pathetic, and ABSOLUTE EVIL.

but yet i believe in god oh my brothas and sistas YES

and my proof is the immense, intricate, and magnifecently beautiful diversity of flora and fauna on our mother earth. which i have not doubt that these were all created by an awesome and wonderful LOVING lord!!!!!!!! EMPHASIS ON LOVING IN THE NAME OF GOD!!! thus no evilution. and some jealous punk god wah wah wah the stupid little bald bodied monkeys don't believe in me so i'm roast them forever without buring them up.

also the god i believe in is omnicient and omnipotent
and being both of these combined with his absolute love
he would never condemn anyone. through his all powerful state and all knowing he has divised a plan.
the evil or spirits that existing negatively choose there paths and they will learn from choice of actions.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

would Jesus ONLY judge the people on earth??? or will he judge everyone no matter where they are???

Jesus would never judge, him and god are not the same.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I feel sorry for people who believe that apostle Paul "invented" parts of bible.
Leveller, if you stop reading crap books and websites and do some real research on council of Nicea you would know what I'm talking about.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I feel sorry for people who believe that apostle Paul "invented" parts of bible.
Leveller, if you stop reading crap books and websites and do some real research on council of Nicea you would know what I'm talking about.

Crap books? A large part of my research comes from studying the Bible.
Paul admits in the Bible itself that he would lie to spread his version of Christianity. Acts is written purely from Paul's viewpoint. Even James has to take second seat.

I've studied the Council of Nicea. Even the creed that they signed was not unanimous with 17 refusing to accept it. I would think that to be a pretty interesting fact wouldn't you? 17 bishops in the council that declared Jesus a deity, refusing to accept that belief. Good old pagan Constantine played his part in attending the meeting too.

Deny history and fact all you like.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
that it completely true- constantine was a pagan and defintely influenced his pagan beliefs into modern christianity. do the research, its true.

and even if youre too lazy to research it, lets do like this thread and start to use our minds...

the emperor of a vast empire...........has a religion....finds one thats better.......doesnt want to look like a moron by saying something he didnt create is better than his own.....what doyou LOGICALLY think he would do?

if you said anything that isnt "mix them together" you are a moron.

unless its something like "incorporate one into the other" or"take aspects from one into the other" because those are all synonyms.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
what IF when Jesus comes back for the second time and we (the human race) have sent colonies to mars??? would Jesus ONLY judge the people on earth??? or will he judge everyone no matter where they are???

HAHAHAHAH thats insight there.... Good thought honestly.

Heaven on Earth....forever right? Is there going to be heaven on mars too?????

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Last time he came in humility, this time he will come in power and great glory. Its God against man ur talking about and God wins!!!!!!!

actually, he'll prolly get the crap beaten out of him....if some hobo walked up to you and said he was jesus, what would YOU say?

hahahha! i'd say, rock oN! but then again i dont think jesus was a god of any sort, so im kinda void in that argument huh?

live it, love it, and quit restraining yourself because some big spooky boogyman in the closet (the bible) told you to. i cant believe im saying this, but ITS JUST A BOOK! (this is a horrible thing for me to say...being a starving artist, i cant believe id ever say something was JUST a book! hahah)

i once heard something where god was talking to a little girl who had died and gone to heaven. she asked god why he would ever hurt anyone if he loved them all. why would he send them to hell?

and he responded that in the time of judgement, when the world was going to end, those who had payed their dues in hell would be forgiven and given entrance to the holy land again. but he pressed his fingers tohis lips and told her to keep it a secret.

i think this is.......cute.

ok ok either it was a story with a little girl...or.....

it was in the book of revelations that was not put int he bible?

yeah i think its the second one. the book that wasnt put in was too descriptive and also gave away that big secret.
so yeah.

ok, im prepared to have bricks thrown at me...1..2..GO!

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Paul admits in the Bible itself that he would lie to spread his version of Christianity

Where?

Paul The Liar gave Jesus the power - not God

You dont understand anything do you. People believed Jesus had risen from the dead before paul came about. Paul used to persecute christians, he gave up everything to follow Jesus. His friends, his home, his reputation, his life in the end, if there was a conspiracy with him and the romans working together tell me why did they crucify him?

The church didnt even accept him to begin with they were scared he would kill them under the authority of the Jewish concil.

do not believe in a big angry god condemning everyone to hell for not living a righteous life or accepting his gift as salvation.

Lets say you were diabetic- you need insulin injections to live. They are there, but unless you inject them they wont help. unless you accept Jesus (the gift of eternal life that he offers) how can you be saved. Sin causes spiritual death, thats the punnishment, unless you ask for forgiveness your not gonna get it. He's done so much to reach you all he asks is that you take his hand.

the emperor of a vast empire...........has a religion....finds one thats better.......doesnt want to look like a moron by saying something he didnt create is better than his own.....what doyou LOGICALLY think he would do?

When Jesus come's in to your life things change. rulers are humbled, the poor are lifted up, the broken healed. Christianity is not a religion.

Religion believes by following rules you can get somewhere.

Romans 7:

Struggling With Sin

7What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "Do not covet."[2] 8But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of covetous desire. For apart from law, sin is dead. 9Once I was alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. 10I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death.
11For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. 12So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good. 13Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! But in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it produced death in me through what was good, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.
14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[3] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

if you said anything that isnt "mix them together" you are a moron

1 Corinthians 1:27
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

I dont care what the world thinks of me, the promises of God are what I live by.

actually, he'll prolly get the crap beaten out of him....if some hobo walked up to you and said he was jesus, what would YOU say?

Look in revalation and how it says he will come. He will cvome with the full authority and power of God. if you think you can fight someone who shakes the very foundations of the earth be my guest.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Mr. M

It's called "faith" and at one point in time in your life, you HAVE used it. Some people call it positive thinking, some people call it visualization, but no matter what you call it, it all comes down to the same thing
--convincing yourself that it will happen--. Whatever "it" may be.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

? would humans on Mars be subject to Gods plans for earthmen....
~~~~~~~~~~~

Very much so... the primary reason being:

Humans are human because of DNA, Chrosomes, Genes,
So..the God Creator, Wherever humans spill over into,
has an antidote or universal solvent to 'clean up' the
human contagion (whether on the Moon or Mars!!)

How can HE track these off-earth colonists?

humans are linked by a universal consciousness (group mind)...which is a spiritual/metaphysical entity...which generally envelopes the earth, like the bio-sphere or atmosphere...
it is also 'elastic' or 'amoeba like' and stretches to encompass human space travelers too! so, when men
go to the moon->the UC/mind/gnosis etc-> stretches,
like when you pull on a wad of bubble gum...having that
long stringy thing connecting the 1/2 wad in your mouth
with the 1/2 wad in your fingertips.
Then....returning to the mouth where you chew it up &
it all blends back together

it won't matter where men go...
...the Creator will track them!

as humans have the 'God part of the brain' and the
'universal consciousness' as a type advanced RFID chips
to track them..........................

Humans also contain DNA/Genetics to identify the
sub-category & nomenclature...of each individual!

In the End, it's only the judgement that's uncertain...because your disposition is based on your works, character, and those subjective elements...

BESIDES--> its stated....
that MANY will be found Wanting!!!

[we're not so smart or powerful afterall, are we] EOM

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
But when he returns on a cloud how will the people on the opposite side of the earth see him? Maybe he will have to float about for 24 hours.

Give it up....................... no one is coming back for anyone. Deal with the reality life and death. Live everyday as if it is your last and always do good unto others.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
well, according to the rectification of polarity that is supposed to be resolved with the coming of the "2nd", i would concur that all places that exist in polarity states within this "time space" will be judged...

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave
But when he returns on a cloud how will the people on the opposite side of the earth see him? Maybe he will have to float about for 24 hours.
yo... concept known as non-locality!! being in only one time/space place at a time is what we humans have to abide by,

Give it up....................... no one is coming back for anyone. Deal with the reality life and death. Live everyday as if it is your last and always do good unto others.
yo & yo, the 2nd comming isn't for youse guys---it's for the [jesus] savior. Then, the 'do good unto others' might be more Accurate as 'do no harm to others' like the Hippocratic oath of Doctors

pragmatic cynicism must be cultivated to the nth degree!
keep it going favouriteslave

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by riffraffalunas]

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by riffraffalunas]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
God built the whole universe, not just Earth; therefore, his son is responsible for all entities of the universe.

Stop thinking about the world as Earth only. There are trillions of other planets, and possibly civilisations.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
God built the whole universe, not just Earth; therefore, his son is responsible for all entities of the universe.

Oh, and I bet he did it in 7 days, really 6 he rested on the 7th day. Hmmm... Now why would he need to rest , Hes a god.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
What else will people make up to scare others into doing what they say?

Go argue that in in a different forum!

Yeah i agree i dont think we'll get to mars before he returns and even if we do i dont think he's going to see a little bit of space between earth and mars in his infinite eyes

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join