It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Ron Paul is getting so much coverage NOW!!!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Ron Paul in Fox News...Ron Paul in Fox Bussiness...Ron Paul in CNN...Ron Paul been quoted in newspapers...talking about a guy that wouldnt even get a spot in some national debates then in the last couple of weeks as our economy keeps going down the drain as he predicted now he is a hot commodity for the MSM and gets airtime everywhere.

I was never a big Ron Paul supporter but ut does makes me wonder why now he is getting so much coverage.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

so much coverage? this is the first ive heard of it

he is a man who has money and intelligence, so why wouldnt he be in the news

its like he was a contestant on some reality show and lost but still got endorsements and media coverage, you know

i dont think its all that out of the norm

he had some great ideas and maybe the people who wrote or talked to him liked that about him

i dont think that all news stories are fed to us and are all reviewed

it would be so boring if it was

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

And you have a point but my question is why now? I mean lets face it the man got minumum coverage all throughout the nomination process and now all of the sudden he is all over the MSM?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Ron Paul is a smart man. I believe that Ron Paul didn't intend to win Presidency. He wanted to spread his message across. And I think that is what he is doing right now.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
He is starting to get coverage now because all of the fools and all of the nay sayers are finally beginning to realize that he was right all along.

Now they are all scared s***less and have no plan for tackling what is about to take place next in this doomsday economy.

Sorry, should have listened when time was still available to actually do something.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Missed all that Ron Paul MSM. Too busy watching Obama drink McCain's milkshake.

Best part is he did it without grimacing, since it was a Geritol/Fiber/Oops my photo op on an oil rig got canceled for an oil spill shake.

Yummy. Dead dinosaur!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Ron Paul is a smart man.

I only wish he and McCain could have had a real debate on the issues important to them.

You're old.

You're older!

But I get stuff, like how all Americans should give up, be farmers, drink Mead, own slaves and wait for the Apocolyspe. I read the Internet.

I get stuff too. I have kids as young as 50 read me the Interenets, but they say the Mead should come from China, you protectionist SOB!

Rawr, rawr, rawr. Then the fight gets physical as McCain fights an actual Dinosaur from the Goldwater era.

Rawr, rawr, rawr.

If they agree on anything, it's that HOPE is never on the table.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I have this creepy feeling about Ron Paul.

In a time when our world is in need of coming together as a species more than any other time in recorded human history, he's talking about isolationism. How far will he take isolationism? Isolate us from the horrific tragedies of the rest of the world so we can carry on being little happiness and comfort addicted corporate batteries?

Maybe not... but I find anyone who is given any airtime on national news/TV deserves to be scrutinized a bit more because television is a weapon for your mind, and any viewpoint that is allowed national coverage... you have to be defensive about, because it can easily influence you without you even realizing it.

The revolution will not be televised, as some have said repeatedly before meh.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

Your terminology is incorrect.

There is a big difference between an isolationist, and a non-interventionist.

An isolationist will NOT come to your party if invited.
An interventionist will not only crash your party, but will rearrange your furniture, and bash you over the head if you try to put it back the way it was.

Ron Paul is a non-interventionist.
He'll come to the party, only if invited. and probably bring a bottle of wine.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I stopped reading responses at yours because i couldn't agree more.

The media is MORE than happy to include Ron Paul now that he's not running. You see, NOW there's no harm in it.

I've been very surprised at how many people i have personally talked to are now aware of Ron Paul when they weren't during the primaries. People actually know his positions now. I'm referring them to the new campaign, and they're signing up.

Obama's kind of change is immediate. It comes up fast and it'll disappear just as quickly. Ron Paul's kind of change takes years to fully form, and it'll be around for a long, long time.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
I have this creepy feeling about Ron Paul.

In a time when our world is in need of coming together as a species more than any other time in recorded human history, he's talking about isolationism. How far will he take isolationism? Isolate us from the horrific tragedies of the rest of the world so we can carry on being little happiness and comfort addicted corporate batteries?

M

America faces its worst nightmare like in the time of the great depression , except today people have no savings like they did back then today all the savings were spent on useless pieces of plastic from China.
But America's worst night mare is coming at a time when America has no leaders with vision. America needs an FDR and they only have Hoovers and
traitors.
To save America ,A leader like Ron Paul is needed to turn the nation back to it's Constitution. protectionism is not needed, but blatant job loses and nothing in return ,except a Red China arms build up is crazy.

As Ford an GM close there doors and move to Mexico and China in the near future, pushing 300 thousand highly paid Americans into the streets.
Ask yourself is blatant job outsourcing the right approach.

Oligarchs have America by the throat they are demanding a merger with Canada and Mexico and the death of the constitution.
Either you accept Ron Paul with a new deal like FDR or you accept the
loss of your freedoms.

In case some of you are skeptical let me explain it for you in simple terms.
You owe more than you can pay they want their money now . That means
you will pay at the pumps lose your houses and anything that isn't nailed down is being sold off in America today.
inflation is going to be so high in a year or 2 that you will see food shortages in America ,bread lines that stretch for blocks.
Without a leader with vision and insight into the past to turn back to the constitution .your freedom will be lost for ever and ever.
Coming together as a species will not happen under the brain dead visions of
the leaders such as Obama,Clinton,Mcain. these are the killers of America.
they represent the oligarchs the top 5% of society in terms of money.
they are the very people sending your jobs away and they are the ones that want to replace your Constitution with a one world Govt based on a dictatorship.
that vision leads to the total collapse of America, ww3.
Clinton , Obama, Mcain represent , no way out ,their vision is what has cause America its troubles today.
the Leadership void in America today is bare for all to see.
a ) Pelousi leader of the congress Traitor to America !
b ) Reid Traitor to America
c ) G W Bush puppet and as stupid as a door knob
d ) Chainey Traitor to America
e ) Congress the biggest group of dummies ever assembled
f ) senate same as the congress dumb and dumber
this collection plus those called the Neocons have given America
a war it can not win,the lose of it's name and legacy around the world
They have brought you 20 million illegal mexicans and amnesty and even after you called in to cancel amnesty they still try to shove it down your throats.
They have given you the Dubai port sale scandal
open borders in a time of supposed war on terror which is a farce.
the war on terror is nothing but a contrived effort to attain oil pipelines from
the Caspian basin ,which they have already lost to the Russians they lost Venezuela to the Russians as well.
they staggered on the scene with nothing but naked arrogance as credentials. they have no answers , have no idea how to save America from
the impending financial doom America faces. As the great Lydon Larouche has already said and as Ron Paul has said .Like in the time of the great depression or shortly after the new deal of FDR and the turning to the Constitution is the only way to save America. Make no mistake about this
when America fails financially the world will rape you and eat your children

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by solo1

Either you accept Ron Paul with a new deal like FDR or you accept the
loss of your freedoms.

Ron Paul would never support anything like the new deal. Ron Paul is about Liberty, and that does not mean the government taking your money and spending it on whatever it wants. The interesting thing about Ron Paul is that when him or his supporters get elected it will be the result of people turning away from MSM and toward the Internet for their information.

Once people do that, we can organize all kinds of things. For example, on RonPaulForums, they organized an advertising company and then raised half a million dollars to fly the Ron Paul blimp for 6 weeks. If a few hundred people coming together on a forum can do that, imagine what would happen if the entire nation was using the whole Internet the same way.

Once people embrace the Internet for political change, economic change will be quick to follow. Investing will become mainstream. We'll build a solar and wind infrastructure without government funding. Not only that, but the people will own these new infrastructures and actually make a return on their investment.

Imagine, if instead of the government taking your money via income tax, and then giving it to corn ethanol producers, bureaucracy, and oil companies, we invested it ourselves.

The Internet is going to spawn an economy of distributism. It's going to start in the information sector and spread into every other part of our economy.

top topics

join