It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of UFO crash from the late 40s

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hey, returning from a long absence. I found this picture on a website that will currently remain unnamed.

What do you make of this?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Reminds me of B2 Bomber..I have not seen this one before. Why do you suspect it is a crashed UFO?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chitoryu12

It is a jet burning. Why did you keep the site you got it from secret?

Edited for content

[edit on 7/24/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It reminds of the YF-Flying wings that were being tested around those times

Flying Wing information

And if I can point out to you in your original image, take a look at the wing closest it has a bulge on it that would represent the area where the jet engines would be.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yea it does look a lot like a flying wing. The cockpit especially.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
well the 40's have some of the most interesting cases in ufology history. roswell's and the missouri crash retrieval are good crash examples. the kenneth arnold sightings and my personal favorite, L.A. battle is 40's too.
if we can have more info re: the photo please. thanks.
(can you give me link of the website thru private pm)

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Couldn't edit my first post, I meant to say YB instead of YF designation for the Flying Wings. The picture above to me looks like an airframe of a flying wing and these wings were notorious for problems and crashes. The original program was canned until it was brought to life again resulting in the B2 bomber.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Could also have been a Horten Ho 229

Which the Nazi's were developing during WW2 among other similar flying wing jets

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

it's a crashed B-2 photshoped.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Debunked......END.................................................................

www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

The flying wings would have to wait for the computer software to catch up to them. Even the German wings in WWII were unstable.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well that wraps this one up.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Props to 38181 and Z.S.P.V.G. for solving the mystery and so quickly!

Well done guys, star to both of you!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Looks very earthly to me. Flying Wing makes sense. The windows on the upper part look like the planes from the WW2 era.

I don't think this is a candidate for a UFO.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Z.S.P.V.G.

Good find, thank you

from first looking at the picture in the first post, it looked kind of sketchy

that nazi flying wing plane is amazing, ...was it homegrown or "imported" from scientists working at gun point

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

It could've been, I was just referring to they type of flying wing that would been flying in the US at the time publicly.

Good find on the B2 image. Case Closed

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by scar

It was homegrown

Messerschmitt & Focke Wulf also had their own flying wing projects as well like the Me 163 "Komet" all of these projects came during the later part of the war when Jet Engines were finally being produced. The only Jet fighter for the Nazi's which saw combat action though was the ME 262 which was of the normal wing design with 2 jet engines under each wing like we see with passenger jets today.

Quite fascinating really all the secret projects the Nazi's had going on at the time which never saw action in the war due to their demise

[edit on 24/7/08 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It appears that nobody was fooled. So, your experiment failed or succeeded depending on what your goal was?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Looks like I pretty much called that one on the first post ...ho ho..

A B52 crashed recently is that the next crashed UFO thread?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beastamerica

(can you give me link of the website thru private pm)

Don't ask for it through PM. Why would you do that? Unless you plan on posting it.

OP, interesting picture, it really is but why on Earth do you think it's something extra terrestrial?

More important, why can you not offer us the URL? I can see no legitamate reason why you would withold that. Withholding anything in this field does nobody any favours at all, and it is just ludicrous to withhold something so minor and something so PUBLIC as a website.

Stop playing games, just give the URL if you really do have any interest in this field or this picture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join