It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minot airmen lost control of nuke launch codes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Minot airmen lost control of nuke launch codes

www.airforcetimes.com

Airmen at Minot Air Force Base, N.D., lost “positive control” of the launch codes for the 91st Space Wing’s intercontinental ballistic missiles July 12, Air Force Times has learned.

The “permissive action codes,” kept in a locked case, are needed to initiate the electronic system that allows missile officers to launch the nation’s ICBMs and are changed on a regular basis. They are kept in a locked case. The president also receives launch codes, and both sets are required to launch the nation’s ICBMs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This is starting to get a bit crazy....

www.airforcetimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Geez, where's Curtis LeMay when you need him? There are people at Minot that would have been shot by now if he were still alive.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
All I get from the link is "The story you are looking for cannot be found."

The link was posted was:www.airforcetimes.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i guess the false flag operation is not long off...missing nukes ,b-52 crashing and now this..do you really think 5 b-52 crashed or where they hidden away for a false flag attack?...paint them in airline colours and fly them into buildings.....

link   
This is weird, it you type into google news "Minot incident" you will see AFT posted the article 34 minutes ago.. Now AFT (Air Force Times) they have removed it!!!!!!!! I swear it was there.. Jerico -- you saw it too, RIGHT?

link   
reply to post by alien life uk

The article shows up in their search engine but the link is the same. They pulled the article.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This kind of story breaks my heart. Its almost as if I were in the service 1,000 years ago instead of a decade. This would have been unthinkable!

News, according to the AFT, is whatever they are told to say. Pathetic.

Anyone who saw the article check your web cache - it may still be there.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What does losing "positive control" mean? Did the airmen have bad intentions? Did he sell them to someone else?

How could one airmen really do that much damage when everything else is done in pairs and reinforced otherwise?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
OK "justme2", I guess you have rattled someone's cage, still they were damn quick off the mark to remove it., and thanks to you, they cannot deny the incident.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
nvm... wrong story... sigh..

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Willbert]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm sorry if I'm spazzing.. But WHAT a coincidence.. Not 10 minutes after posting the above story they pull it.
Something like this, IMO should have been on more "news" sites than just Air Force Times.. What are they trying to hide? Well, I think that's obvious...
The "Balls" of the article (I just skimmed through it) and when I saw the headline it gave me the "This needs to be on ATS" feeling -- was: That the three airmen who had "Switched out" the codes, instead of delivering them to where they needed to go -- went to sleep in the silo (?) instead. Nice time for a nap.......

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
What does losing "positive control" mean? Did the airmen have bad intentions? Did he sell them to someone else?

How could one airmen really do that much damage when everything else is done in pairs and reinforced otherwise?

Losing positive control means it was either a) out of his possession when it should be, or b) lost or misplaced and unable to be located or accounted for.

The principle of nuclear weapon safety is almost (or was I should say) sacrosanct. There was no way you wanted to lose positive control of something that might allow a clever enemy to deduce the methods you use to generate launch codes, what they look like, how they are formatted, etc.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Thanks, i'm from Minot, only twelve miles from the base.

On the local news Tuesday it stated there were 5 airmen that crashed going to the Louisana base and that the two pilots were killed and the other three missing (may have been found now).

Why wasn't this carried on the MSM? I didn't see it anywhere, though may have missed it.

Doesn't it seem like alot of B-52s are crashing lately?

[edit on 24-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Found this to be interesting.. wonder if those nukes that went missing in 2007 may need those codes?

To: Tailgunner Joe
The Russians were paranoid about loosing control of their nucs as they almost did during the Cuban Missile Crises. They rigged their boomer missiles to blow up if launched without the proper permissive action codes. The people manning the subs did not know this.

Source

Ok.. now I can point to this quote from the article where US was not aware of where some Nukes were in Aug. 2007.

Was this a mistake?

Many analysts, including Wayne Madsen disagree. They have more than just a US Air Force spokesman and SECDEF Gates' comments on this. Madsen avers that a plan was afoot to ship these nukes secretly to the Iran/Iraq border region and possibly use them. He cites sources deep in the USAF command structure. He also offers evidence that this plan was averted by Air Force Command personnel.
There are many more twists and turns to the story, and dismissing it as a simple mistake is dangerous. It is also irresponsible to only report the official statements.

A previous poster is correct in pointing out that one of these nuclear cruise missles is still unaccounted for.

At least 3 Airmen involved in this transfer died under questionable circumstances in the 3 weeks following this incident.

SECDEF Gates says it's "silly to promise it won’t happen again”. I say it's silly to not have him tried immediately for treason and complicity.

Peter O'Leary, Chicago, US

US hits panic button as air force ‘loses’ nuclear missiles

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Willbert]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
First a briefcase left in the London train and now missing nuke codes?? These people have our safety in their hands and the grip seems to be slipping. Creepy.

Out there thought, but with the Larry King show about UFO's shutting down missiles... wonder if there is something more to this?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
i guess the false flag operation is not long off...missing nukes ,b-52 crashing and now this..do you really think 5 b-52 crashed or where they hidden away for a false flag attack?...paint them in airline colours and fly them into buildings.....

I agree with your thinking.

This thread discusses recent B-52 incident in Guam. Highly suspicious.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

EDIT TO ADD:

Originally posted by jetxnet
Thanks, i'm from Minot, only twelve miles from the base.

On the local news Tuesday it stated there were 5 airmen that crashed going to the Louisana base and that the two pilots were killed and the other three missing (may have been found now).

Why wasn't this carried on the MSM? I didn't see it anywhere, though may have missed it.

Doesn't it seem like alot of B-52s are crashing lately?

Holly cow. Was unaware of this. Any links to local news appreciated, thanks. Assume they were headed to Barksdale. Plot thickens.

always......kurious

[edit on 24-7-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

Agreed,
We are supposed to be "Safer" now than before 9/11............pleasssse.
Their cover story of these 3 guys just deciding to go to sleep (right after they received the "Switched out" newly generated codes) instead of delivering the codes doesn't hold much water to me. I could see one maybe, stretching at at 2.. But all 3 at the same time? Nope. Something stinks here. What, was it a last minute Silo slumber party? FFS.......

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Yeah can't link to that story. Not the first time I've seen stories of that nature pulled.

Recommendation: Always get a screengrab of stories like that especially as they get pulled frequently. I use a cool program called grabit but other than that, just press 'Printscreen' button and then open a blank word document and hit 'Paste' and the entire screengrab will be pasted into the document which you can then save and store for future reference. This should become an ATS protocol because otherwise it just becomes hearsay without some backup materials.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join