It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I refuse to vote for Obama or McCain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I refuse to vote for Obama or McCain for many reasons.

But to put it in simple terms, I do not like either of them. They both appear to be puppets of the powers that be. They both push the agendas of the PtB.

They will not help me in any way, in fact, the oppisite is true. They will only make my life harder by supporting legistlation that deprives me of my $$, my identity, and my children.

No matter which one you vote for, War WILL happen.
No matter which one is elected, the Poor will get Poorer; and the Rich, Richer.

They are both insane, in a literal sense.

IMO, they both want to Destroy whats left of America. Finish the job, so to speak.

If you think I need to defend my opinions, I can do that. Thats fine.
But why should I? Its my belief. If you disagree, please state why.

I dont think i need a link to support my opinion on Politics. What would you want? Me to provide a Link to my own post here- to prove i really said that?

Edit :: added link to backup my opinion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24-7-2008 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

i agree with you on a lot of those points. I also want to add that what good is it to elect either one if Congress refuses to tackle real issues. Sooner or later, we have to get politicians to quit promising different things just to get votes. This leads to some of the issues you speak about..Good points.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thank you for the reply.

I would like to add, the reason i Posted this was to find Like minded individuals. Or a legitimate rebuttle of the topic.

If you feel the same way, and refuse to vote for either canidates, please post why you feel this way.

If you disagree and think im a lunatic, please post why. I am only seeking discussion on said topic here.
Thank you for your time

[edit on 24-7-2008 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It is a FACT that the Rich get Richer and the Poor get Poorer.

However, it is also a fact that people die. That doesn't stop me from voting.

This fact begs the following questions of all of us

1. What are we doing to help ensure more people can move from the "poor" side to the "rich" side? It is in all of our own interests to do so, whether we are rich or poor.

2. What are we doing about eliminating abject poverty?

The fact that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer is not a conclusion. It is the jumping off point where we ask "Then what?"

I find Obamas answers to this question be more toward my liking, so I will be voting that direction this year. I won't be fooled by the GOP a 3rd time.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

not voting for either one doesnt mean you wont wind up with one as your president ruling over the country

atleast voting for someone with less cons than pros might be something to think about

unless you think the voting system is crap all together than it really doesnt matter

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
But alas, neither canidate has a plan to solve our economic crisis.

They both do have plans to continue destroying it however.
Thats my problem.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
sorry double double

MMMMM double double

I miss in'n'out

[edit on 24-7-2008 by MurderCityDevil]

Thats ok, we all double post sometimes. No worries. Lets blame Lag.

The reason i will not vote for "lesser of two evils" is because I refuse to vote for Evil, period. Even if it is lesser.

Now, if they make a 3rd choice on the ballet
3) No confidence.

I would vote for that choice.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
I won't be fooled by the GOP a 3rd time.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Quazga]

But alas, your being fooled by the Democratic Party instead?

I am not fooled by Either party. To me they are two sides of the same coin of lies and greed.

I wish you could see that too, because it is true.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

This is the first year I haven't viewed either candidate as the lesser of two evils.

This year, I view Obama has the first "good" candidate we have had in ages.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

This is the first year I haven't viewed either candidate as the lesser of two evils.

But if he was Truely a good canidate, he would have been shot in the head with a gun.

Just like JFK, RFK, and MLKjr. The good guys get shot when they are about to change everything. By the bad guys.

I know it is circumstancial, but the fact remains the same.

More hollow promises from politicians, Buisness as Usual.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Now, if they make a 3rd choice on the ballet
3) No confidence.

I would vote for that choice.

oh that would be rich

they both are part of the same plot but i tend to believe they are given some power to make choices in the world and to me obama seems the best fit for it

if you look at history and war, anytime there has been war the other party is always a sure win, people tend to get sick of what is going on and just disassociate for awhile

my mom is die hard repub and will always for repub no matter who it is, lame? very

i tell her she needs to research each one, but no, the devil himself could run repub and shed vote for him and shes a devout christian

lol

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

But if he was Truely a good canidate, he would have been shot in the head with a gun.

What kind of logic is that? Seems pretty defeatist to me.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I vote neither because they both plan to spend recklessly.
Neither because they find all kind of ways to take money away from me.
Neither because the US will still meddle in other countries affairs.
Neither because neither one knows exactly what they will do if elected.
Neither because Congress will interfere anyway once they do have a plan.
Neither because they love their party more than America.
Neither because they had an opportunity to make changes while in Congress but didn't. Instead they allowed us Americans to suffer with high prices everywhere and a souring economy. Now all of a sudden they have all these major plans to reduce debt, fix soc security, war, poverty, energy, foreign problems, domestic problems, white problem, black problem, my mommas problem, medicare, healthcare, veterans, immigration, taco bell, prescriptions, pork, lobbiest, steroids, meth, genocide, humanitarian, wal-mart,middle East, Asia Africa, etc.

Go back and look at former Presidents campaign problems and you will see the same issues. Weren't fix then and isn't going to be fixed with Obama or McCain. What surprises me is how people take all this to heart and really believe that either guy has so much power as president. I got a thread about the powers of President, look it up. it may surprise many. I won't put the link here because I don't want to look like I am pandering for attention.

I love this country and I want it fix. I respect both candidates. I just don't think they will get much done with the way politics is today. I like that No confidence vote.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I think that both candidates have proved to me thus far that they love America more than their party.

I say that because of the stink the Obama issue has caused with Hillary supporters. She was all but coronated when he decided to push through and get the nomination.

With McCain, his party turned their back on him in 2004 and this man brought his campaign back from the brink of bankruptcy because of people who supported him when the PAC's did not.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

If they loved America more than their platform they would make the tough choices to deal with soc security, medicare, lobbiest, and other important issues, They prefer to follow their party platform and keep to the basics or do quick fixes. . They know that fixing these problems will mean sacrifice on part of the American voters and many voters will not be pleased. This means they lose their job. How long have they known that social security was in trouble? Besides raising the retirement age what else have they done?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If everyone who is fed up with the democrats and the republicans and the so called lesser of two evils would realize they are one in the same, would vote for a third party candidate that might make a real statement and get us somewhere.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I am voting for Barack Obama out of hope that he will bring an end to the needless deaths in Iraq (4000+ Americans and counting) and, if possible, bring health care to the 47 million without it.

Senator Sanders (I-VT) has a plan that could expand health care to every uninsured man, woman, and child for about $8.5 billion a year.

That's 3/4s the cost of ONE MONTH in Iraq.

McCain and Obama are both going to take my tax dollars (It'll continue unless Ron Paul or some other libertarian gets elected in the distant future and abolishes the IRS) so I'd rather have them going to save lives than end them.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You've raised some good points Jam

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
These 2 guys got some good ideas and got some bad ideas. And they probably mean well. However, I can't see voting for either one. I will defend both and I will criticize both.

My biggest beef with these two is that they are still US Senators. Since the day they started running for President in early 2007, they have been all around the US screaming and hollering about how they got the best plans to fix America and that once they get elected they will implement their plan ASAP.

Not back in early 2007, not now, we have to wait till they take office in order for them to start fixing the problems America faces at the moment. Then we will have to wait till Congress gets settled in and pass a bill. And depending on what kind of relationship the 2 parties have that could take more time.

Meanwhile we Americans are left struggling on a day to day basis. Yet they continue to chant how much they feel our pain. All talk and no action. Having all that power as members of Congress, yet have both chosen to do nothing. This is the reason they have lost my respect and my vote.

I seriously doubt that as President they will get their agenda passed through Congress as is. Pelosi controls Congress and she will be the one to decide what agenda Congress will tackle. Do you really think she is going to let a junior Senator from Chicago (President Obama) dictate to her what will be passed? Do you really think she will listen to a Republican President that much more?

The President has the bully pulpit but as it is now most Americans are disgusted with politicians period and as a result the bully pulpit is not what it used to be.. The constant broken promises of politicians doesn't help matters.

I honestly feel that if McCain and Obama were really sincere in fixing America they would have put the Presidency aside for a few months, combined forces, lobbied their colleagues ( especially since they have the media on their side) and pass some much needed legislation that America needs now. They could have easily combined many of their plans to create a decent bill that Americans would be proud of.

One thing is for sure, if they had done this America would have been proud of both of them. Regardless of who won, they would have both been winners in the eyes of Americans.

However, that wasn't and isn't the case. They prefer to see us struggle as they rake in millions in their zealous attempt to become President.

Thank you Senator Obama and Senator McCain for waiting to fix America's problems in the future rather than in the present. This waiting period has taught me to be more humble, be more patient, and to Thank God more for what little I have.

But in addition to the above it has made me realize one of two things.

Either our politicians have no answers to our problems or point blank they just don't give a damn about the people they represent.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Sorry but im not convinced of the OPs intentions.

90% of those who say they like neither party and will not be voting for either candidate tends to flip flop over their claims.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join