It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greys & Reptilians = Malevolent ? Maybe not...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I've been thinking about his for a while & i just wanted to share my views here with you guys

So why are most of us convinced that the typical grey/reptilian beings are malevolent & are here to hurt us , take over us, unslave us and so on ?

My point is what if it's the opposite & the so called "watchers" who have the typical image of an "angel" like the pleiadeans, nordics & lyrans who "look" more frieldy than the former are the real malevolent ones ?

What if they are the ones who have brainwashed us into thinking the "scary" looking reptilians are hostile for their own purposes ?

Now most abduction cases are involved with the greys & i wanted to point out that it shouldnt be very hard to disguise yourself as another being when you are capable of travelling interstellar distances so it could very well be another race doing the experiments disguised as greys

One last question

How would you react coming face to face with a a reptilian being ?

Would you automatically assume, he's a carnivorus/ man eater/ & attack him becasue of fear ?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Believe it or not Budd Hopkins, of all people, makes a similar point, which is that the "evil reptilian/gray" vs "good blond humanoids" thing has the earmarkings of racism.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bignick

Although this has been mentioned in other posts, I will try to answer. Most people assume that a monster or ugly creature is evil. That is the way it always has been. If you look at literature and other myths the evil guys always were ugly. We assume (if they exist) Reptilians are evil because many people fear snakes and other reptiles. I like snakes and would be very comfortable if I ever met a Reptilian.

Note: I only stated if they existed. I am skeptical, but do have an open mind on this subject.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bignick

Would you automatically assume, he's a carnivorus/ man eater/ & attack him because of fear ?

I size up organisms based on the technology their DNA expresses.
Teeth are organic tools used for grinding, penetrating, gnawing etc..

If the reptilian had a mouth full of pointy, incisor type teeth, I would assume they were meant for penetrating the flesh of another organism and ripping and gnawing that flesh from the bone.

You can extrapolate the same basic instinctual logic for long pointed claws.

If I was looking at a 12 foot tall muscular reptile humanoid creature with long pointy teeth and long razor sharp claws..
Before this long chain of analytical jargon sprayed forth about organic tools or what not, my instincts would precede, and I would instantly fel the sensations associated with "threat".

Now, this is my BODY telling me this. Based on the instinctual programming we and all other animals have as far as survival is concerned.

I could resist the urge to fight or flee, however stupid or courageous that may be, and sit for a moment to observe and ponder as to this paradox..
Being that..
If these beings are NOT hostile, and they are attempting to interact with me,
then what actual purpose do these teeth and claws serve on their anatomy?
If they are so intelligent, then would they not understand "fight or flight"?
would they not understand that their carnivore teeth and predatory claws would cause a specific fear based reaction within another organism?
If they are benign and benevolent, then somehow.. the PROs of bearing threatening looking appendages must somehow outweigh the CONs of how they would interfere and hinder a compassionate, or at least civil discussion between themselves and other organisms.

Same thing goes with the Gray's dark black eyes.
It's the same psychology behind people wearing sunglasses.
You can't see their pupils.. so you can't see or read what they're thinking.. therefor .. on a certain level.. they have the control.
Men in black.. government spooks.. always with the sunglasses.
It creates a sense of unease, and leads to general distrust in the person not wearing the glasses.

If they wanted a benevolent and honest communication with a human, then take off the damn black-lenses. Or have grays made that don't have the black lenses be the ones that interact with humans.
There's a specific psychological effect that creates an advantage in control of the situation when one person has to look into deep black pits of darkness instead of eyes.
If the eyes are the windows to the soul.. these guys have tinted windows.
Same analogy.. I rarely initially trust people with tinted windows. Cops don't like them, and have regulations against them because they can't see what you're doing.

Same thing goes with the reptilian "slit" pupil.
There's something within our psyche that just does not "connect" with something that is intelligent that has slit pupils.
There's something inherently .. deep seeded.. something sinister about this, and if they understand that, then why don't they change that about the ones that interact with us.. if they are indeed these masters of genetics...

And on your other point... if the Nordics are truly the "bad guys" .. (as base and broad stroking as that is) ... and they can "disguise themselves" as Grays and Reptilians.. than couldn't the reverse be true?

Wheels within wheels.. total confusion until nothing is discernible...

-

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
another issue is the fact that they are "reptiles".

If you look at the human brain there is an area at the base of the brain, top of the spinal cord, called the R-Complex.

This is essentially the ENTIRETY of reptile brains. It is responsible for all the basic functions of the body, and BASE instinctual behaviors.

As you view brains of the smaller mammals, closer in genetic makeup to reptiles, then work your way up towards the primates, the mammalian areas of the brain .. cerebral cortex..are more and more developed, and the reptilian areas less of a % of the whole. These uniquely mammilian areas, are where we find the neuron activity associated with compassion, creative thought, group bonding, morality etc...

If these "reptilian's" BODIES are 100% reptile, (just more advanced) then what makes you think that their BRAINS are not more reptile than not? (just more advanced).

Completely encompassing on a HIGHER LEVEL... all the base level behaviors, cravings, and drive, of animalistic mentality.

Sure, we as humans have both reptilian and mammilian parts to our brain,
and these reptilians may have some type of area of their brains that parallel mammilian cortexes.
and yes, we have "incisors".. our and our canines.. for piercing..
but i think it's really all about the amplitude of pronouncement of the appendage.... from non existent.. as in amphibians.. to severe pronouncement as in say... a komodo dragon or rattlesnake, that makes the "message" to the viewer as seeing it as anywher ebetween "safe".. to "very dangerous"
and ... apart from those fake implants vamp-pretender-goth-kiddies get...
I don't get very alarmed by seeing the average human's teeth (excpet those brits.. phew!
)

But just by imagining the "descriptions" we get from people that have reportedly seen them... which route of thought would YOU rather go with.
If you ever encounter one, are you going to RISK your life, completely ignoring what all logic tells you, and what your instincts tell you?

Or are you going to ignore all of these layer upon layer levels of logic that tell you that "this thing is hostile, but if it's not then why does it look like it is".

I think that Nature, and .. if you're a genetic engineer...basic AESTHETICS that apply to FORM and FUNCTION.. are the BASE INDICATORS of an object or organism's PURPOSE, and essentially.. indicators of behavioral tendencies... intention...
body language speaks volumes.. and on a more obvious level so does general SHAPE...

BIG POINTY SHARP TEETH and CLAWS... SCREAM the message: "NOT GOOD FOR ME TO BE AROUND IF I WANT TO LIVE!"

this all of course.. speaking out of pure hypothesis here. ... if these beings exist.

-

[edit on 24-7-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Interesting, big pointy teeth theory should be applied dogs also. Well wild dogs would definitely be dangerous, but the domesticated ones have that gentle love to offer. Maybe we can domesticate the reptilians

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Interesting, big pointy teeth theory should be applied dogs also. Well wild dogs would definitely be dangerous, but the domesticated ones have that gentle love to offer. Maybe we can domesticate the reptilians

ey,
the only problem we have to face when a "domesticated" dog from the ghetto tries to maul a 3 yr old, is it's teeth and claws.
What's a de-clawed de-toothed pit-bull gonna do to a 3yr old? gum him to death? (nom nom nom)
The 3yr old would probably be laughing hysterically from being tickled from the angry gumming onslaught.

If i have never seen a dog before, and all of a sudden I see one, I'm going to think that it's teeth are for biting. And I'd stay my distance, until I am proven that even though it has killing devices in it's mouth, for the purpose of ripping flesh, .. it's still able to behave calmly and non threateningly to me.
I've had plenty of dogs.
We don't domesticate giant humanoid reptilian beings though.

We initially domesticated dogs precisely BECAUSE of their ability to use their teeth.

But we're not talking about dogs now are we...
nor are we talking about humanoid dog-men with big teeth.

we're talking about humanoid shaped giant reptilian beings with huge teeth and claws.

-

[edit on 24-7-2008 by prevenge]

new topics

top topics

join