It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabra on Monster Quest partly solved?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The chupacabra was featured on "Monster Quest" and there were some interesting finds. First, there seems to be two chupacabras: one that walks on hind legs in Puerto Rico and a dog like creature in Texas. The researchers actually had a body and bones to work on in Texas, and some hairs found in a reputed chupacabra nest in Puerto Rico. The hairs in PR were that of a canine and the researchers figured a dog was sniffing around the nest.
The tests showed the Texas chupacabra to be in the canine family, possibly a hybrid type dog. The tests pointed to domestic/coyote/fox which are all basic dogs although the body didn't look like a family pet. It was a good episode and I hope they focus more on the chupacabra from Puerto Rico as that looks to be a different animal than a dog.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If its a Dog, then its a Dog, not a chupacabra.

Either Chupacabra exists or it doesnt.
Saying its a Dog, doesnt make any sense. Dogs are Dogs, not Chupacabras.

Reports are that Chupa is insect like- not doglike .

like i said, either Chupa exists or it doesnt. To say its a dog, is like me saying Bigfoot is a bird.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I disagree - its like saying bigfoot is a primate or ape

I saw a show on chupacabras as well but it focused on related attacks all over and around South Carolina. They didn't have a pinpointed idea of what it was...but it took down pitbulls. So if it is a canine, its pretty badass. I'll try to find what the program was that I watched

[edit on 24-7-2008 by kyle6677]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The Texas chupacabra is a canine. They did not have a body from the Puerto Rico chupacabra (which looks completely different than the Texas one). There are TWO chupacabras: one is in the dog family and the other one is unknown.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

actually Chupacabra means "goatsucker" named because the animals found were drained of blood. it does not nessessarily describe the animal itself. So it could be a dog or something else.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Actually, chupacabra means "goat sucker" defining the way that the victims(livestock) were found drained of blood. So it could be a dog or something else. If the bodies found are dogs and it is sucking the blood out of its prey( or goats) then by definition it is a chupacabra.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
i wouldnt put all your trust onn ""MonsterQuest" the show seems to be full of sensationalizing its subjects.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostryder21

They actually tested the body with hair and DNA tests. Monster Quest actually does a good job of examining the evidence. The Puerto Rican chupacabra is a separate entity that has not been explored yet on the program. The Texas chupacabra appears to be solved, identifying it as a canine.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I poked through the other ATS threads I could find on El Chupacabra, and I didn't see where this had been posted before. I hope you won't mind me adding to your thread, OP, but do you think this might actually be a chupacabra?

Here is the text that accompanies the picture on Unexplained Mysteries' website:

Remains of a juvenile Chupacabra ?

These remains were removed from a barn located in a small village in Chiapas, Mexico.
They were discovered in an old, abandoned barn that was being demolished.

Test ran on tissue, fur and DNA from the remains were inconclusive.
The test results did not match those of any known specie, living or extinct.

We have been unable to identify the remains to date.
At this time we believe them to be the [juvenile] remains of a species most commonly refereed to as a "Chupacabra".

Species: Unknown
Date: 12 / July / 2007
Dr. Zeehc, H. Ted

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I saw the show too. They seem to have found the Texas one. They had photos of 3 whole bodies and the actual frozen head . The canines looked hairless "like elephant skin" ( all 3 would have had to have the most severe cases of mange) and had abnormally long canine teeth for their size, making them look slightly saber toothed. It would explain the puncture marks found on livestock in the area. It seems to be a hybrid of a domestic dog and and coyote or wolf. Pretty odd looking thing.

I have no idea on the Puerto Rico Chupacabra. It seems totally unidentified.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

I would question where the tests were done and what has become of the remains. It's not like scientists would just stop trying to identify the species of animal if it is a true find and not a PT Barnum fiji mermaid type construction.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

That is a picture of what the original chupacabra from Puerto Rico looks like. There seems to be two species and Moster Quest identified the Texas one as a dog. Thank you for posting that picture and article. I wish Monster Quest would do an investigation on the original one so we can get answers.
The show is one of the best for cryptozoology, as it looks for evidence to examine and treats the people who witness such creatures/unknowns with respect.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I am well familiar with the chupacabra legend from Puerto Rico, the Dominican and the one in Texas. I never doubted the fact that the one in Texas was a real chupacabra. I thought this was semi proven last year when it first came up. I’ve been seeing the pics of the same carcass from the one in Texas for about a year now.

The one I’m interested in finding the truth about would be the PR/island one. That one I have heard described in many different ways but the one constant between all the descriptions is that it is 2-3 feet tall, walks on its hind legs, jump high distances, has sharp claws and has red eyes. All other figures usually vary depending on where and when you are.

The many theories that abound from the island chupacabra are that:

1. It was a government experiment combining all forms of DNA until it reached its conclusion of it and was set loose to see what it would do on its own.

This one I find farfetched to be of any value.

2. It was a government experiment like I stated above with the exception it was not supposed to be released but it escaped on its own or was released by a scientist.

A little more plausible...

3. It was an alien experiment with animal/human DNA and was released.

4. It was an alien experiment with animal/human DNA and it escaped

5. It was an alien pet that escaped when their shipped crashed/landed

6. It is an undocumented animal.
This one I find not very possible bc if it was an undocumented animal then the legend would have been around longer than the 1970's.

Also supposedly it moved from Puerto Rico to Southern Florida in the mid to late 90’s. there are numerous news reports and documentation of it scratching up vehicles and people seeing it. The main channels that cover it are the Spanish news networks not the English news for some unknown reason. I know this to be fact bc I lived in SoFla until 2005.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by Heike

That is a picture of what the original chupacabra from Puerto Rico looks like. There seems to be two species and Moster Quest identified the Texas one as a dog. Thank you for posting that picture and article. I wish Monster Quest would do an investigation on the original one so we can get answers.
The show is one of the best for cryptozoology, as it looks for evidence to examine and treats the people who witness such creatures/unknowns with respect.

That picture is new to me, good find! It definitely matches Puerto Rico Chupacabra.

The one in Texas and Latin America seem to be a hybrid of a domestic dog and coyote. The skin is still mysterious though, they (MonsterQuest) didn't know what had caused that.

I thought the Chupacabra was and would be steeped in mystery for a long time, but I see that isn't really the case.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well, since the "baby chupa" picture seems to be new to at least some of you, and interesting, here's another picture of it, in a human hand for a size referent.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

That's pretty amazing IMO. But all too often I find amazing or even just decent claims to be hoaxes. I haven't' seen this picture before as I've recently stated, but I just hope it's form real, that wold be cool.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hey,
joshedis here.

Well the chupacabra, now thats controversial.
Well heres what I'm thinking:
The chupacabra is a mixture of two or more animals, possibly a DNA mixture attempt to create a war animal. But if this was the case since the legend starts in the 1970's that would most likely be where this creature was developed.
So this supports the 2 different types theory, it could just be a mixture of different animals in both species.

Anyway long story short thats what I think, as unplausible as it is.

Sincerely,
joshedis

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Thank you for sharing the second picture. The size would seem to be just right for a newborn critter as most puppies and kittens are about that size when born.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I've seen an interesting theory on the Chupacabra in an odd place (D&D Sourcebook) that I find may be the best way to interpret it, and when I have an account will place said theory down. But here's a brief summary, Chupacabra are parasites and may infect any living animal (Monkeys, Dogs, etc...) And what survives an attack from a large Chupacabra loses any hair, grows fangs, etc... In time, and seeks out prey the blood of which it takes is both to help fucilitate its growth into a full "Big Momma" Chupacabra as well to feed to its Infector, who may eat the infected anyway if not satiated enough.

Like I said, just the tip of the Iceberg there, but I'll jot the whole thing down when I actually got an account!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join