It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW FORUM: The Gray Area

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

New Forum: The Gray Area

We've launched a new forum to provide a dedicated area for a category of threads that seem to be happening with increased frequency. After much internal discussion among staff, literally going on for weeks, we've settled on a name and rationale for the forum.

The Gray Area
Link to The Gray Area Forum

The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

Like the Skunk Works forum, the Gray Area will expect our members to afford a level of tolerance toward fantastical personal stories ranging from those involving aliens to potential government whistle-blowers. The goal is to embrace those who may have unusual experiences so that our members and visitors can learn more within a controlled and civil environment.

However, this is not to say that we will tolerate fictional accounts with the intent to hoax our members and visitors. If and when a story is discovered to be a proven hoax or fabrication, our staff will consider appropriate action.

Enjoy

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Interesting. I think this may work well if new members find it okay. I also think it should be fairly heavily modded because folks can be cruel to fantastic re-tellings.

Good luck Gray Area!

Cuhail

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
In the dark recesses of ATS a large door, with ornate embellishments looms.

Smoke rises, and cauldrons bubble as burning torches flicker.

Eerie echos abound and there's a sense of vertigo.

The drawbridge creaks down as chains clank, and the massive door slowly swings aside revealing a portal.

Spooky music plays and the laws of physics seem suspended.

You've just entered the newest ATS forum...

The GREY AREA!

Nice Job, Amigos and Staff!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Cool - isn't that the name I thought of in the thread authored by springer?

Where's my reward?
joke

Should be a cool, interesting forum.

Nice one guys

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Completely off topic ....
But I could've sworn the title said The Gay Area
------------------------------------

Gray Area does seem like a good place to be heard and not chastized!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well, I guess it's only me then, but I don't really understand the difference between The Gray Area and Skunk Works. I don't think the two forums will be much different from each other.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Finally we get to start popping some cherries around here, damn space virgins and their line of thinking.

Do we need more species interrealations now or later.

SWEET FORUM.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
Well, I guess it's only me then, but I don't really understand the difference between The Gray Area and Skunk Works. I don't think the two forums will be much different from each other.

Skunk Works is for theoretical discussions and the Gray Area is for personal stories or experiences.

Make since to me, Good Job

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Thanks for explaining. But I was surprised when I just saw that a thread which discusses an image of "Egyptian statue on Mars" has been moved to the Gray Area. As far as I know, none of us ATS members have been to Mars yet and personally experienced the sight of this "statue".

[edit on 24-7-2008 by ziggystar60]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Lovely.....NEW FORUM: The Gray Area » Post Reply.

This is where you can say what you wish to say, what you never wanted to say, because you knew that you will be punished to say it, so use this forum and say it like it is, and see who has to say anything about what you have to say to suppress your say......Enjoy.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Dubyakadubla]

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Dubyakadubla]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dubyakadubla
This is where you can say what you wish to say, what you never wanted to say, because you knew that you will be punished to say it, so use this forum and say it like it is, and see who has to say anything about what you have to say to suppress your say......Enjoy.

Hmmm Im not sure if you read Skeptic Overlords post but the new forum will still comply with the Terms and Conditions of the site.

The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

Like the Skunk Works forum, the Gray Area will expect our members to afford a level of tolerance toward fantastical personal stories ranging from those involving aliens to potential government whistle-blowers. The goal is to embrace those who may have unusual experiences so that our members and visitors can learn more within a controlled and civil environment.

However, this is not to say that we will tolerate fictional accounts with the intent to hoax our members and visitors. If and when a story is discovered to be a proven hoax or fabrication, our staff will consider appropriate action.

As realted above you can post about personal experiences etc. and it will provide an environment similar to skunk works to faccilitate this.

But once again, the Terms and conditons of the site will remain in effect for this forum.

I hope this clears things up

Fred

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Finally.

I think it's important to maintain abuse down to a minimum. Many may believe their story should be in the alien section and when it gets moved they feel insulted. Even Ed Mitchell's story being placed there, not as an insult, but as an example? Until NASA comes up with proof, I think it's important not to allow the site to turn into some place for what some might refer to as "camp fire stories."

I think it would be interesting to hear a reply from a pscyotherapist that mainly works with possible abductees or experiencers.

If someone like the site administrator or other decides to move or copy a post to this area rather than leave it buried or lost in another thread, should be welcome also.

Any thought of doing a poll on certain stories rather than lengthy comments and threads? (I know I'm a poor example when it come to reading and staying on the OP's topic.)

Thanks for taking the (I smell a..) 'skunk' insult away.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
reply to post by LDragonFire

Thansk for explaining. But I was surprised when I just saw that a thread which discusses an image of "Egyptian statue on Mars" has been moved to the Gray Area. As far as I know, none of us ATS members have been to Mars yet and personally experienced the sight of this "statue".

Consider this. Say you start a thread about something and it goes in The Grey Area forum, but you keep researching and gather facts and compile evidence and put in the hard work and maybe eventually prove your thesis, then I wouldn't be surprised if it could be moved to a more, um, respectable forum. It's up to the Mods, for sure, but who knows - you never know until you try. No matter what you can still get props. Just like in any forum, some ideas are stronger than others?

That's what so great about this place. It's entirely what you make of it!

I mean we can't just 'go to Mars', but I'm just using your post as an example.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Great choice ATS.

All I can say is WOW look at all the threads that were refiled already.

Nice.

Least the moderators will have fun moving threads.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Great!

A place for our John Titors and alien friends! And with the influx of new posters with firsthand accounts, it couldn't have come at a better time.

I was reluctant to believe it was necessary when the idea first came up, but since then we've seen firsthand accounts going five or more pages.

So I was wrong.
We did need it.
We now have it.

The Gray Area should open with some lively discussions and eye opening topics.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

So where is the Economics forum?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
lol I had athread from 03 moved there... haha, prolly one of my first threads evah!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I liked the name when suggestions were happening. Good job budski.

Doesn't most topic's on this site fall under that area?

"Is Obama the Antichrist", "Have you seen this Nasa footage".....and so on.
Atleast dump Skunkworks and just have this new Forum and all Gray things go there. Cool that there are forum's where you aren't being badgered for proof and can share unusual and questionable experiences.

Thanks ATS owners and staff!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Gray area? Skunk works? General Conspiracy Discussion?

meh.

This is 75 percent of all threads.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the clarification. My first ever thread, recounting my only personal experience with something that I cannot explain, agonized over and rewritten numerous times ended up in some new 'gray' area!

I am sure the timing was coincidental!!

xx

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join