It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrity Stargazing

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by enlighten2012
this article has made my day its hilerious! i've read dribble though this is taking it to the extreme. just when you'd thought you've heard it all....

omni omoni omni....
long term effect? its not disease.....his a grown man who wouldent have gotton into his industry if he couldent handle alittle crap.
where will it go? in the shredder with the million other stories written.

ufo/alien v's rw has gotton alittle beyond the joke now.....musicians/celebs at the top of their game have done and said much worse and are still riding high. we have to acknowledge the fact that its us the readers of these articles that gives them legs. read and buy them and your contributing to the other half of the amazon being cut down.

btw......i would of hoped they would make robin williams (aka Mork) the alien ambassador seems that his better qualified.

Nano nano (is that copyright now?)

Yeah Mork would be a top class ambassador

I havent bought a tabloid in years on principle and hope they're a dying breed.

I didn't mean the long term effect on him personally. I know he's a big boy
I meant on his career once the paps have pissed on it week in week out for the next ten, fifteen, twenty-odd years. I can only think of 2 other celebs "at the top of their game" Jackson and Spears who have faced this constant barage and it hasnt faired them very well.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Omniscient1

for one i'm a huge jackson fan and take this subject not so lightly....what happened to him was minutely the medias doing. he was involved in court cases ectecect which also sadly brought upon his demise.

brittany on the other hand can wither and i couldent give two shiits. all which she has encounted in her career has been brought about herself in my opinion.

so in regards to the media writing gossip, its a simple piece of paper which wont hurt anyones career unless people who buy into them take them to heart. and, to do so would mean your IQ needs attending too.

it would also mean that your taking 'celebs' too personally. we should only be focused on the work in which they produce ie. album or movie. if they do a good job them keep buying and vis-versa.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I thought I would post this as I found it to be interesting. I guess it depends on whether or not you believe Gene Roddenberry was a celebrity or not...

Gene Roddenberry gave us Star Trek which became the most famous science fiction television program ever. But what did he think of his subject matter?

During World War II, Roddenberry was a decorated B17 Pilot, and then became a Los Angeles police officer. For Roddenberry, the love of science fiction was a lifelong one. During his career, especially after Star Trek's cancellation, Roddenberry gave many lectures to supplement his income. Those speeches may be lost in time, but thankfully he also discussed UFO's and psychic phenomenon in a book called "Gods Of Aquarius" by Brad Steiger. In a chapter discussing the phenomenon of UFO's and developing psychic powers in children, here's what Roddenberry said:

"We wrote a couple of episodes about individuals who had such unique talents. As a matter of fact, our second pilot - and the one that sold the series - was on that subject when Gary Lockwood began to find out that he could, after having undergone a strange experience in space, accomplish things like moving a glass of water without touching it. And then he developed more and more power... It was too much power to put into the hands of an unprepared person."

When asked if he'd ever seen a UFO, Roddenberry replied, "No, I haven't, but at the same time you can hardly work seriously in science-fiction or you can hardly be an educated person, and say that such things are impossible. I think it would probably be the most mathematically incredible happening you could conceive that this is the only place in this great universe where happenings that we call life occurred. Therefore, I think that, as many people would say, it's likely there are people ahead of us and behind us."

Indeed, as is illustrated time and again in various Star Trek stories, life forms may be centuries ahead of us or behind. For Roddenberry, the excitement lay in exploring those what if scenarios which his classic series captured so well.

I never knew he had been a WWII pilot, nor had I known he had been a police officer. I found it very ineteresting and hope some of you do also.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by RealMckoy]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I read a short note in the papers today, Uri Geller is preparing a TV Show on Aliens and Ufos, saying he always believed, there is something "out there".

During the show he plans to send messages into space to contact extraterrestrials. These messages will be send by giant radio telescopes and they are going to see if there will be any kind of reactions.

...let´s wait and watch.....

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by darlin
I read a short note in the papers today, Uri Geller is preparing a TV Show on Aliens and Ufos, saying he always believed, there is something "out there".

During the show he plans to send messages into space to contact extraterrestrials. These messages will be send by giant radio telescopes and they are going to see if there will be any kind of reactions.

Wouldn't he bend those giant radio telescopes?

He'll end up contacting Radio Luxumberg

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by darlin

...let´s wait and watch.....

Cool, keep us posted on when this show airs, or put it in You Tube for us
That'll be an interesting watch

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I will do my very best...lol.

I think the show will bei aired on Nov 15th...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Click here for more information.

*Mod Edit: Just joined and 1st post is a slag-off at a Member.

Banned.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by alien]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic999

It never ceases to amaze me how judgemental small minded people will actually create an account on a research discussion forum that they have no interest in JUST to tell someone that they should pay more mind to what other people think and hide their interests just to satisfy the masses.

Are you serious? Maybe you ought to consider how unhealthy that sort of mindset is for anyone. If everyone in this world pretended that they all had the same interests to appease society the world would be full of mindless drones.

That's a world I do not want to live in. Thanks, but no thanks.
Everyone should have the right to pursue what makes them happy and stimulates their mind. Regardless of their station in society.

*edited to add.. I realize I gave in to being baited here, and the reply was as off topic as the post that was being replied to, and I will probably regret it later and the mods are more than welcome to delete both posts as off topic, but sometimes.. some things just need to be said.*

[edit on 30-9-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic999

...that would mean, all of us, who are interested in these topics, are crazy...come off it...

"We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.”
Paul Coelho

...and now back on topic...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

i agree totally with you...i can't understand why people they apparently not interested make a account for to come here and judge of other people's beliefs...
does it means a celeb doesn't have their beliefs or getting interested in stuff like this?...is it not allowed if you be a person in public?...
maybe this post getting deleted too, because off topic...but i just came by for reading and find out about this not very intelligent post..and i couldn't keep my mouth shut or to prevent my fingers from typing...sry...

btw. i read this article about uri geller too...that he try to get in contact with extraterrestrial ...i will watch it on TV, thats for sure...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
By the way, Nina Hagen is going to be one of Uri`s guests, Erich von Daeniken as well...might be very interesting to watch!
I am looking forward to this kind of experiment.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Do not read Uri Gellars novels.
I had one hell of a weird experience reading his book titled "Ella".
It even states in the back of the book if you experience any stange phenomenon please contact me.
I loaned the book to my mother and as far as i know she has not read it yet or nothing happened,your post has reminded me to get the book back.
But yes,i too would love to see this programme,is it aired in the uk?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Uri Gellar is such a fascinating person...his charisma is enchaining.
so cool that he is the one to get things started.
Yeah i wondered too, where it is aired?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by skept!cal
Seems Robbie Williams is busy trying to get Hollywood involved w/ the Extraterrestrial vibe...LINK....and link ...now i guess my question is will this bring on more favorable conversation w/ the whole UFOLOGY field or will it furthur more bring us into the depths of humility?...Im just really trying to grasp if this will help or hurt our community.....

Good Day
Skept!cal

[edit on 25-7-2008 by asala]

i shouldent be bothered i know though the presence of rw fans on here is giving me the shiits now. there are robbie williams threads and issues popping up everywhere and its turning me off....... i really dont think there are many fans on here who have become active members (which has been implied in previous posts). attention seekers sure, though nothing more. .... and btw....fans....he has sites specifically dedicated to him which i'm sure he reads.

chrisonabike u feel unwelcome....i dont think its you so much though what you've brought with you. sure you have spread the ats word though enoughs enough. show your an active member yourself and lets all move on and talk about more important issues.....maybe then credability will be restored.

my last comment on anything rw related (except gilliand) to keep this post 'on topic'..... yes....i think its hurting the community.

oh and yep....having a bad day

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by skept!cal
Seems Robbie Williams is busy trying to get Hollywood involved w/ the Extraterrestrial vibe...LINK....and link ...now i guess my question is will this bring on more favorable conversation w/ the whole UFOLOGY field or will it furthur more bring us into the depths of humility?...Im just really trying to grasp if this will help or hurt our community.....

Good Day
Skept!cal

[edit on 25-7-2008 by asala]

i shouldent be bothered i know though the presence of rw fans on here is giving me the shiits now. there are robbie williams threads and issues popping up everywhere and its turning me off....... i really dont think there are many fans on here who have become active members (which has been implied in previous posts). attention seekers sure, though nothing more. .... and btw....fans....he has sites specifically dedicated to him which i'm sure he reads.

chrisonabike u feel unwelcome....i dont think its you so much though what you've brought with you. sure you have spread the ats word though enoughs enough. show your an active member yourself and lets all move on and talk about more important issues.....maybe then credability will be restored.

my last comment on anything rw related (except gilliand) to keep this post 'on topic'..... yes....i think its hurting the community.

oh and yep....having a bad day

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Two ppl asked where Uri Geller`s new show about ufos & aliens will be aired:

Pro 7
German Television

[edit on 1-10-2008 by darlin]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
thanks! great, then i can watch it!

new topics

top topics