It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrity Stargazing

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by secret-dreams

i suppose it wasent that hard...just took allittle patience.

just quickly on 2012. i am hopeful that it will bring a renewal of all the things that we have slowly losing sense of ie. religion, spirituality, hope, goodness, compassion ect. i beleive in the 'significance' of 2012 and think that humans have taken it upon themselves to make the date the end of time witch is alittle #ty. deepak chopra is in Oz at the moment and i just saw an interview with him. he made a point re past, future ect and said we MUSt focus on the present because it is just that... a gift. smart man

bringing the dreaded topic of scientology into the equation.... a major part of their religion is the belief in ufo's and aliens. tom cruise being a huge celebrity has givan scientology a really bad name in my opinion. people have seen him acting passionate (crazy :lol
and automatically judge the religion as they see him. unfortunately people are quick to judge and arnt bothered to research, rather take others opinions, hense why peoples perceptions on UFO's may have taken alittle beating b/c of the disgust of scientology in recent times. i see the celebrity recruitment happening and shudder at the thought that their status brings.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by valefc

I'm agree with you TOTALLY !
I think that Rob is a very nice person, absolutely honest and totally true.
Peace and Love GABBY.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Just A Friendly Reminder To Please Remain On Topic.

This is a long thread, so it is very easy to get side tracked. But please recall that the thread topic is, "Celebrity Stargazing".

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
No, he is very good singer and is very popular in the Europe.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by valefc

No, he is very good and popular singer in the Europe.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

when I was 8 years old I saw UFO above the wood. The UFO had very peculiar shape. It was incredible.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Oh my dear, this is within very young years.

Perhaps it was a flying fried egg and you merely have mixed it up

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by NephraTari
Brad Pitt used to walk around NYC, riding the subways at times, in a ski mask during the summer and fall.

I hope he didn't hurt himself too much!

On topic: It really depends how much stock people put in celebrities as sources of reliable information, and how much one believes the media about said celebrity...i.e, if one certain celebrity comes to New Zealand I should lock up my woman and warn the tattoo parlours....but that is the media perception amplified...people SHOULD realise that celebrities are people as well, and they are as prey to the follies and serious issues as anybody else, it's just that they chose to follow their talent, or were in the right place at the right time.

Once we start using celebrities as sources of news, I will be very concerned (it's happening already in a way, certainly in New Zealand a good number of the local 'celebrities' are involved in the news media in some way), but otherwise, I think we should try to trust people and realise our commonalities and work towards such understanding.

That said, it appears as though a lot of people DO put a lot of stock in what celebrities do/say etc so we are left with the tough question: Whose responsibility is it to ensure what a celebrity is saying is 'truth' or 'hype' ?
I guess it's a matter of trust, and seeing as I do not trust the media much at all ('mainstream', or 'fringe') because of various (perceived or not) agendas I try to do as much personal follow-ups as possible, when I come across a subject that interests me, and it seems that the majority of the ATS Community do the same, to greater or lesser degrees.

Communication, open and honest, is the key, but we are taught from a young age that that is disempowering , weak and ubnobtainable, so follow your heart, I guess!

Did I entertain you?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
from NME.com

Alien 'expert' claims the singer will be contacted soon

An extraterrestrial 'expert' believes that Robbie Williams may soon be contacted by aliens.

Michael Luckman, Director of the New York Centre For Extraterrestrial Research, thinks that the singer should talk to scientists and prepare for abduction, reports Divine.ca.

Luckman told BANG Showbiz in Canada: "Robbie is now becoming a point man for contact with extraterrestrials.

"None of the experiences I've seen are in the same category of what Robbie appears to have experienced. Robbie could easily disappear and then come back as an ambassador for their race.

"He is the first celebrity I know of to actually go out there and actively hunt for alien life forms. He's unusually pro-active, even putting his musical career on hold. And he is more likely to make contact because of where he is spiritually - he takes it to the max."

It is claimed that Williams has become fascinated by extraterrestrials since he thought he saw a "square thing" fly over a Californian hotel he was staying in recently.

I do wonder what idiotic press releases such as the one above will do to the career and reputation.

I know Robbie said he'd sooner not have a career if he had to watch his P's and Q's, and what he has to say about it is very interesting. But the interpretation of it through the media makes a mockery of it in my opinion. Which leads me to think it could somehow tarnish that interest, then what is he left with, a broken fanbase?, loss of credibility within the music business?

I do hope I am wrong.

It is a shame that the media has to mock and be negative, and i'm sure he expected it, but what of the long term effects. Where will all this go?

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Omniscient1]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well if you listened to the audio in the Interview/Conversation from Gilliland Ranch, one of the members of ATS, now sure whom, sorry guys...

in it, they say they have proof of the Government being involved and actively encouraging the "crazy" label for want of a better word... for people caliming to have seen UFOs or for people who have claimed to be "Taken".

Also, Robert/Robbie also says that he doesn't really care anymore. He stopped looking at what the papers say etc, and he has come to a point in his career where he is really not worrying anymore how it can be effected or not. True fans of his music will still be fans of his music regardless of what his beliefs on UFOs are or not.

I think this has more to do with a target continuing to be a target in the rags in the UK, there is just different subject matter now.

It's sad really, that celebrities get viciously attacked for "coming out" so to speak on something they believe in. Then again the average Joe also get attacked in the media when they report seeing a UFO or report having been abducted, just not to the same degree as someone whom is famous.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Omniscient1

What this appears to be is a publicity stunt... The fellow being quoted is trying to put together a concert.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by Omniscient1

What this appears to be is a publicity stunt... The fellow being quoted is trying to put together a concert.

Springer...

So we can add 'being used for someone elses personal gain' to that list of negatives of being a celebrity.

I wouldn't be in their shoes for all the tea in China.

Yes it is discusting how the media and other people in positions of influence use and abuse celebrities, especially those, like Robbie, who have done nothing but good for culture, charity and environmental issues.

Good to hear Robbie does not take this personally. I wouldn't have that strength. Something to admire, not ridicule.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient1

especially those, like Robbie, who have done nothing but good for culture, charity and environmental issues.

I take issue with this. Have you not heard of 'Take That" ?

However, I don't think, in this day and age, that a celebrity doesn't understand the lengths people will go to use them. If they are not aware they must have been abducted by aliens and spirited to a parallel dimension without this phenomena.
I guess one could say that it is the price of fame!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChChKiwi

especially those, like Robbie, who have done nothing but good for culture, charity and environmental issues.

I take issue with this. Have you not heard of 'Take That" ?

However, I don't think, in this day and age, that a celebrity doesn't understand the lengths people will go to use them. If they are not aware they must have been abducted by aliens and spirited to a parallel dimension without this phenomena.
I guess one could say that it is the price of fame!

LOL I had Take That removed from my memory bank and even went for an update in 2006 to include the man band era - that's wrong on so many levels

I think celebrities will understand more than any of us the implications of their stature but I'm a firm believer that they should be 'allowed' a private life too and that this is intruded too many times. There's no bounderies...... Princess Diana, Monroe, Presley (There's no dignity in death To sell the world your last breath - Robbie Williams Advertising Space 2005)

I'm just glad it doesnt bother him as much as i'm bothered about it bothering him, or others. I'm just really against tabloids and other fictional texts hiding under the guise of 'news' Whatever happened to good old journalism?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

from NME.com

Alien 'expert' claims the singer will be contacted soon

An extraterrestrial 'expert' believes that Robbie Williams may soon be contacted by aliens.

Michael Luckman, Director of the New York Centre For Extraterrestrial Research, thinks that the singer should talk to scientists and prepare for abduction, reports Divine.ca.

Luckman told BANG Showbiz in Canada: "Robbie is now becoming a point man for contact with extraterrestrials.

"None of the experiences I've seen are in the same category of what Robbie appears to have experienced. Robbie could easily disappear and then come back as an ambassador for their race.

"He is the first celebrity I know of to actually go out there and actively hunt for alien life forms. He's unusually pro-active, even putting his musical career on hold. And he is more likely to make contact because of where he is spiritually - he takes it to the max."

It is claimed that Williams has become fascinated by extraterrestrials since he thought he saw a "square thing" fly over a Californian hotel he was staying in recently.

I do wonder what idiotic press releases such as the one above will do to the career and reputation.

I know Robbie said he'd sooner not have a career if he had to watch his P's and Q's, and what he has to say about it is very interesting. But the interpretation of it through the media makes a mockery of it in my opinion. Which leads me to think it could somehow tarnish that interest, then what is he left with, a broken fanbase?, loss of credibility within the music business?

I do hope I am wrong.

It is a shame that the media has to mock and be negative, and i'm sure he expected it, but what of the long term effects. Where will all this go?

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Omniscient1]

this article has made my day its hilerious! i've read dribble though this is taking it to the extreme. just when you'd thought you've heard it all....

omni omoni omni....
long term effect? its not disease.....his a grown man who wouldent have gotton into his industry if he couldent handle alittle crap.
where will it go? in the shredder with the million other stories written.

ufo/alien v's rw has gotton alittle beyond the joke now.....musicians/celebs at the top of their game have done and said much worse and are still riding high. we have to acknowledge the fact that its us the readers of these articles that gives them legs. read and buy them and your contributing to the other half of the amazon being cut down.

btw......i would of hoped they would make robin williams (aka Mork) the alien ambassador seems that his better qualified.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
wow... didnt know that this thread is still alive...
just read through the last posts and was also a little amused by omniscents "long term effects". I do not mean that offending, but there are ppl out there dealing with much worse than negative tabloids...

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44 >>

join