It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrity Stargazing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
now "I'' can get rid of my bright orange vail and see things in there true light....
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisonabike
Francis are you the chap i bothered By having a very large concert in your back garden?

'Tis an honour, Sir, that you recall. How many did you do again? Six days straight, wasn't it? Grief. I seem to remember you adding me to your ATS foe list after venting my last frustrations to you in the manner that I did. It was nothing really that personal against you, by the end of the week I felt like stabbing all the other acts to death aswell. Nevertheless, all is forgiven, now, because you just wrote **** twice -- and a man deserves a second chance after that, in my book.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
god bless you francis..........
I find your empassioned about face to be both touching and dissarming ....
for that alone i promise to never do milton keynes without your prior consent.......

all the best bud

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Please stay on Topic folks.

I´ll also remind Cadbury and chris of this:

Vulgarity on ATS and Automatic Censors

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yeah...no probs mate...and sorry.....i forgot it is still deemed as vulgar.....its my favourite word...and seen as ive been called it many times...ive decided to make it my own.....takes the power out it...._javascript:icon('
')
Now lets get back to condeming celebrities for something that is out of there power....._javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisonabike

can we restrict that to the ones that aren't, shall we say, easy on the eyes?

Robbie, since you are responding, might I ask your take on the subject? do you think celebrity attention to something like ufo's helps? we all know that when celebs speak out on politics it gets press and when celebs stand up for causes such as katrina, darfur, local theater (damn you ethan hawke and your mailers) it helps raise awareness but does it help raise awareness to the field of ufology in a similar manner or does it actually have more of a detrimental impact on the celebritiy's public image? (the old look he's nuts, he saw a spaceship argument).

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

lol I bet you shredded that long ago.

ah back on topic.. there is an instance in which I believe a celebrity could have a positive influence on the UFO research community and that would be if they were the ones to actually provide some sort of visual or physical evidence of an experience. No one is as likely to cry hoax when someone in the public eye produces their own picture or video of a sighting.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Moderator-Note:

you dont have to type in "_javascript" or anything like that. Just click on the smiley you want to use...DONE.

Happy posting RW.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Hi chris,
Thanks for the explanation, media always make up story with anything to make money, I'm not surprise this story is false, but this time if you ever go with Beckam's childs to spot U.F.O. and see strange craft, please be sure to have a camera with you and don't forget to take pictures of it/them, and the next time you make a U.F.O. garden party, please invite me

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

hey bud.....iam clicking on the icon...but when i do..the java script thing comes up///hwo do you stop it?and to answer the other questions about celebrity?i'll form an opinion and get back to you...the reason i have done it...is purely ''Look everyone!theres som mental stuff going on...come and have a look at this...it might be true....''but i'll formulate it better and get back to you......

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Geez, well if that gossip rag isn't true I guess David Bowie won't be playing the evil alien in Dr. Who!

I did love him in "The Man who Fell to Earth"

As far as well known people speaking out on subjects that are generally laughed at and discredited most likely does help to raise awareness.

A lot of the population has to feel that it is "ok" to think outside the box and those who take risks and speak of unusual events that don't fit the normal biz of the day may have an advantage to expand the minds of those who tend to "follow" rather than lead.

Back in the day when Shirley McLain was doing her thing and writing books and speaking of her beliefs she had a great impact on my thinking and ability to raise my awareness, not because she is famous, but because she took the risk and had the advantage of her name to pave the road to reach a larger audience.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Do i think celebrity attention helps/hinders......?
who knows in the long run?
maybe if a few more came forward..then yes. it would add some credibilty to the subject ...But i think it depends on the celeb..And the media's agenda towards that celeb.....im not sure how much stick Dan ackroyd gets but as a talking head for ufolgy...im sure he has more credibility than myself...Im much younger less articulate and have had all my dirty laundry washed in public..There fore it is easier to get their claws into me......so they do....
The press did'nt take it seriously before i turned up and im sure their not going to on my behalf.

It is not my goal to become a talking head for this subject...im rubbish at retaining information and relaying it in an understable manner anyways......(but maybe that will change)
Im an 8 year old at heart and something magic's happening...i want people to at least have a look and make an informed opinion...doesn't eveybody on this site wish the same thing?

will i make it look stupid?I hope not.,.......
will i help?hope so.....

help/hinderance i think will be a 50/50 thing......

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisonabike

will i make it look stupid?I hope not.,.......
will i help?hope so.....

I don't see how you sharing an honest experience/event in your life would make something look stupid.

There will always be those who won't *see* anything outside thier "box" but there are many who have had similar happenings and sightings who may feel validated by reading or hearing someone share what they saw.

The status of celebrity simply allows more to become aware, IMO.

I commend your courage because you are of course under more scrutiny than the "average bear"

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
On...if it i think it will damage my career?
well if people stop buying my albums because i saw something strange ....
thats fine by me...and there's nothing i can do about it..It genuinely doesnt worry me,.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Then again it may have quite the opposite effect, say someone like me who has never bought one of your albums just might buy one now because you are "one of us"

Hahaha!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Thankyou...encouraging words are always welcome........
Non of the he's a nutter thing has disturbed my emotions in any way....
They might have a point....I might be stark raving mad...
but it feels good....know what i mean?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Do they not still go by the 'Any publicity is good publicity' motto?

Maybe a producer or a manager or two would be put out,but I don't think an established fan base will be the least bit bothered about what their 'pop idol' believes in.It won't stop them buying if they're into the music.

I don't get the difference anyhoo.. Isn't a pro musician,actor or sportsman allowed to have interests outside their career?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

i tell you what you have my permission to lime wire them if you like...you all can for all i care...if they come knocking at your door...tell em i said it was ok...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It seems as though celebrities are asked for their views and then jumped on when they give them if they are not views that tow the line. On the subject of UFOS and celebs id be interested to hear brian mays views as he is a fully fledged astrophysicist its not so much his status that would add wait to his opinion but the fact that he is someone who spends his nights staring at the sky and could recognise most of what he sees up there, with the numbers involved ive no doubt he believes there is life out there but i wonder if he believes its visited here and if he's seen anything but even more importantly would he have the balls to say so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join