It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia denies report of Cuba bomber plans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Russia denies report of Cuba bomber plans

www.msnbc.msn.com

HAVANA - Russia said on Thursday it had no plans to open any military bases abroad and denied a newspaper report that it might deploy nuclear-capable bombers in Cuba in retaliation to a planned U.S. missile shield in Europe.

"Russia, guided by its peaceful policy, is not creating military bases at the borders of other states," Russian news agencies quoted Ilshat Baichurin, acting head of the Russian Defense Ministry's information department, as saying.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.monstersa ndcritics.com
www.usatoday.com
www.france24.com

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I wish some one could explain to me why we are acting like the cold war continues? Does this administration realize this?

Russia is denying this but sooner or later they will have to respond to the threatening behavior from the USA.

In Washington, U.S. State Department Acting Deputy spokesman Gonzalo R. Gallegos said that American officials had received no official confirmation from the Russian government about the newspaper report, and was unaware of any U.S. efforts to directly contact Moscow about it.

"We continue to continue to work with the Russians on this issue," Gallegos said Tuesday, referring to talks aimed at explaining the U.S. government's missile defense plan. "We have consistently made it clear to them that our proposed deployment of a limited missile defense system in Europe poses no threat to them or to their nuclear deterrent."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

They are not speaking to them directly about this but are still continuing to work with the Russians.

Why do they need a missile defence in the first place?

Seems to me they are doing what they can to start the cold war back up, why provoke them?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join