It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Media Report Concert Before Obama's Berlin Speech?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I wonder if the news media is going to report that there was a rock concert before Obama spoke in Germany?

More obamamania. I just don't he's has the needed experiance to be President of the United States.

newsbusters.org...

Remember back in May when media gushed and fawned over a huge crowd in Portland, Oregon -- supposedly gathered to hear the words of Democrat presidential candidate Barack Obama -- but chose not to report the free concert given before his speech?

Well, it has been learned that before the presumptive Democrat nominee spoke to a crowd in Berlin Thursday, two popular German acts -- reggae artist Patrice and rock band Reamonn -- entertained the gathering audience.

~snip

[edit on 7/24/08 by mabus325]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

They won't.

The real question, though, is whether or not they'll mention that Barack Obama today cancelled his scheduled trips to the Rammstein and Landstuhl military bases to visit our injured troops.

1:42 p.m.: SPIEGEL ONLINE has learned that Obama has cancelled a planned short visit to the Rammstein and Landstuhl US military bases in the southwest German state of Rhineland-Palatinate. The visits were planned for Friday. "Barack Obama will not be coming to us," a spokesperson for the US military hospital in Landstuhl announced. "I don't know why." Shortly before the same spokeswoman had announced a planned visit by Obama.

Of course, he did have time to workout...

4:49 p.m.: Obama enters the luxury Ritz Carlton hotel wearing a T-shirt, black sweatpants and white trainers -- apparantly to work out in the hotel's gym. He kept up the campaigning on the way there, smiling and waving at tourists and other onlookers.

Article

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
He's had lots of experience . . .

being a puppet on a string.

He plays a role pontificating platitudes to the sheeple very proficiently.

The Bible talks about people of the end times collecting around them 'spiritual' leaders that just tickle their ears telling them what they want to hear instead of calling them to Godliness etc.

Obumma does the same in the political arena.

He's an ear-tickling dancing puppet on a string.

But a scary one.

God have mercy if he gets in. It will be full court press at the speed of light to the tyrannical global government.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Actually they reported last night on the evening news that the Pentagon asked him not to so it wouldn't be turned into a political circus and he agreed to cancel.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I posted a little read thread on Obama "earning the respect of the troops", then pulling this stunt.

Maybe they were just trying to be politically correct, and not come right out and say they thought visiting wounded troops would be a waste of campaign funds.

Here's a good quote:

Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.:

“I noticed that Obama had plenty of time to shoot hoops … but he didn’t have the time to stop by (the Ramstein base),”.

Once again, Obama's true color are just shining! You know just how he's going to treat vets if he becomes prez. What a toolbag.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Probably wouldn't be twisting his arm to do that.

You mean he couldn't have said, "I want to see the troops. Just me, a few aides, and the security detail. No press."?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Then they got it partially right, but he was never asked to cancel.

Obama's foreign policy advisor said that the military agreed that while it would be viewed as a campaign event, he was fully welcome to visit...without campaign staff or, presumably, the media. The Pentagon did NOT ask him to cancel, but merely asked him to abide by certain rules for his visit. Apparently, he didn't like that idea.

Pentagon spokeswoman Elizabeth Hibner said the base was ``prepared to host him, but his campaign canceled the visit.''

Obama ``was told he could visit as an official but he cannot come in an election capacity, not visit with his campaign staff,'' Hibner said in a telephone interview.

Source

[edit on 25-7-2008 by vor78]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Whats up with the media reporting his trip as a huge success and bad for McCain, yet the race is a dead heat.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by vor78

Actually they reported last night on the evening news that the Pentagon asked him not to so it wouldn't be turned into a political circus and he agreed to cancel.

Good post Grover.

It's amazing how quickly these blood thirsty Obama haters are to make every move out to be some sort of negative thing. Here it was the Pentagon asking that he not make the stop, and yet here we have the hate-mongerers accusing Obama of flip-flopping.

It's rather disgusting if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Good post Grover.

It's amazing how quickly these blood thirsty Obama haters are to make every move out to be some sort of negative thing. Here it was the Pentagon asking that he not make the stop, and yet here we have the hate-mongerers accusing Obama of flip-flopping.

Rather funny you missed vor78's source saying the Pentagon said he could come, just he had to follow some rules.

Disgusting how people cherry pick Obama's news.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

"Sen. Obama is welcome to visit Landstuhl or any military hospital in his official capacity as a United States senator," Morrell said in a brief interview. "But there is a DoD policy which governs campaigning and electioneering at military facilities that would have to be respected if he were to visit. That distinction was relayed and made clear to campaign, and they made a decision on their own based on that guidance."

RRConservative posted this article in the main section. I think its pretty self-explanatory, don't you?

Source

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by vor78

Good post Grover.

You must have missed the part when they asked him not to bring the press, not to cancel.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The 200,000 were there for Obama. The music was clearly to entertain them while they gathered.

Source

Saying that crowds estimated at 200,000 to 250,000 were there for the band Reamonn is the height of silliness -- and intentional spin by people who weren't even there.

By the way, attendance for individual nights at Rock in Rio, the biggest rock festival in the world, which features multiple bands at the top of their games, comes in between 70,000 and 200,000 most of the time. Major U.S. festivals like Coachella get 50k, if they're lucky.

Source 2

Check out the pictures at this link!

Police advised that spectators seeking to get close to the Democratic senator had to arrive at least three hours early. Yet, while waiting they can indulge in pizza, bratwurst and beverages in one of the two dozen fast-food stalls lining the two-mile long boulevard. There are also life performances of German pop band Reamonn and Reggea singer Patrice.

The "concert" was clearly there to support Obama's appearance. Not the other way 'round.
Unless you want to say they were already gathered for the bratwurst and Obama took advantage of it.

Hey! That's pretty funny!

new topics

top topics

join