It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Raising The Minimum Wage & Stop Whining

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

you can't keep blaming this on the banks. they are evil, sure.

but blaming this on interest rates is silly, they are very very low.

it's a narrow perspective you have on the entire USA.

it's bigger than just fractional lending and paul volker's mistakes.

by blaming entities like the Fed you're taking the responsibility away from yourself and the rest of us, who really DO RUN america.

I think if you beleive we are all sheeple, and we all are so entranced by everything, I think you bought the lie and YOU are the sheep, because powerlessness is what your NWO is selling.

there are other forces besides money messing things up, and there are good things happening now too, even if we choose only to look at the bad.

Governments and Banks are tolerated. period, full stop.

they do not have magic powers. not even the freemasons.

all people are responsible, personally, and collectively for this nation, and every citizen of it. even the poor.

everyone is responsible for everyone else, that's the purpose of a NATION.

we are all family, all americans, every one.

the government and the illuminati do not own us, nor do the banks, we own them.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaTherion

but blaming this on interest rates is silly, they are very very low.

This statment ilustrates you have no concept of the fraction reserve system.
Watch Money as Debt

or

Money Masters

or

Freedom To Facism

If you watch those and still disagree with my take on whats going on, then you did'nt understand the message.

by blaming entities like the Fed you're taking the responsibility away from yourself and the rest of us, who really DO RUN America.

I think if you believe we are all sheeple, and we all are so entranced by everything, I think you bought the lie and YOU are the sheep, because powerlessness is what your NWO is selling.

there are other forces besides money messing things up, and there are good things happening now too, even if we choose only to look at the bad.

Huh?, I mean really! Please explain the above. Try again in a more articulate manner that makes some sense please. You and the the rest of the population run America? Think you are a sheeple what ..powerlessness is being sold by the NWO? There are good things happening too ? try again my freind... Please tell me what it is your responding to that I said. I will respond to you. OK?

Governments and Banks are tolerated. period, full stop.
they do not have magic powers. not even the Freemasons.
all people are responsible, personally, and collectively for this nation, and every citizen of it. even the poor.

Tolerant is all this nation is, Tolerance is what our children are being taught in our schools. Tolerance means grab your ankles and take what we have for you. I agree we are responsible. And we tolerate everything because we are amused up the yin yang and could care less with whats really going on in the world. I never mentioned the masons but yes they fit into this Luciferian plan for you and the rest of this nation.

we are all family, all Americans, every one.
the government and the Illuminati do not own us, nor do the banks, we own them.

Everyone is responsible for everyone else? How about we focus of ourselves. Lets get that mastered then I think we might find the rest will work it self out . as for... "The government and the Illuminati do not own us, nor do the banks, we own them?" Sounds good rolling off your tongue doesn't it? Maybe someday there might even be some truth in that.I'm afraid that simply isn't true at the moment, but if saying make you feel better than go for it.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously you have no clue what so ever how our monetary system works. The money as debt video posted by swingarm is right up your alley. All conspiracies aside there is no arguing when you control a currency you control a civilization. Also watch Zeitgeist I think that may help you out to see the link of controlling bankers and wars and recessions.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I know how to think beyond what Youtube tells me, or the Freespeech TV people.

I still say it's an excuse to be a victim.

you just find a likely conspiracy that fits your needs as a victim, and you feel satisfied that you are not in control of your life.

let's agree to disagree.

I am not a victim, you are. no problem, you have the choice to be a wage slave if you want, if that's what matches your perception of reality.

I choose to perceive reality as something a bit more complex, a bit bigger.

doesn't mean we can't be friends, does it?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaTherion
reply to post by mybigunit

you just find a likely conspiracy that fits your needs as a victim, and you feel satisfied that you are not in control of your life.

let's agree to disagree.

I am not a victim, you are. no problem, you have the choice to be a wage slave if you want, if that's what matches your perception of reality.

Doesnt mean we cannot be friends at all but Im not a wage slave I own a multi million dollar company LOL. Everything I say is to help people understand how the system works. There is no conspiracy its facts. Look into how the system works and tell me that it can or isnt being corrupted. Its very naive to think we have a bunch of people who run this place that are "looking our for your or my interests" I have news for you they are not. So the more you can learn how the system works the more you can make money off of it. But make no mistake this system is not fair not in the least bit.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

let's agree to disagree.

Knowledge is power. Right now your operating at a deficit. You seem to be quite young no? Anyway we are all Friends no problem.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swingarm
reply to post by Demandred

Yes it is, And fractional reserve fractional banking is alive and well in your country too.

cij.inspiriting.com...

interesting article, ive never understood muchabout economics but it explains a few things, however im not sure what that has to do with minimum wage...

in my mind providing someone with a proper wage (not that $14-15 isnt much to celebrate about but is better than $7-8) it would come down to the individual business operating in a efficient and cost effective manner, in the USA it seems that there are too many businesses trying to peddle the same product.

If a business cant afford to hire more staff it shouldnt, it should look at ways of making current staff more efficient and productive while paying them a wage that is able to sustain a certain standard of living, whats the point of working if you cant house and feed your family?

you become nothing more than a slave...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

As it relates to the US economy the minimum wage (regular wages too for that matter) will not be able to keep up as hyper inflation from the corrupt fractional banking system begins to take it hold on the economy. Their fractional reserve system is homaging. I really haven't been paying to much attention down under mate. As a business owner myself, I know a large increase in minimum wage would be hard on the service oriented small businesses that employ young people. And yes I think those businesses would begin to disappear.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swingarm

As it relates to the US economy the minimum wage will not be able to keep up as hyper inflation from the courupt fractional banking system begins to take it hold on the economy.

Hyper inflation isnt that whats currently happening in Zimbabwe?

if the US is in that position now it makes you wonder what on earth the is really going on ...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Many people will tell you including Bush at least up until a few weeks ago, that everything is fine. It was humorous (but sad) to see the president making a speech on the health of the economy,reassuring everyone that everything is fine. Ben Shalom Bernanke of the Federal Reserve was making a speech too,at the same time, except his speech was more gloomy and realistic. America is entering this now and it will get worse as the weeks go on.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaTherion

we are all family, all americans, every one.

the government and the illuminati do not own us, nor do the banks, we own them.

WRONG!!! You are no more responsible for me than I am for you. If I go to jail for something, are you responsible for paying my bail? My car needs to be worked on.... U2U me and I'll tell you where to send the check. After all, you are responsible for me, correct family member, american, fellow human??

[edit on 4-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

I believe this describes a conservative/libertarian/republican:

1. Callous unconcern for the feelings of others and lack of the capacity for empathy.
2. Gross and persistent attitude of irresponsibility and disregard for social norms, rules, and obligations.
3. Incapacity to maintain enduring relationships.
4. Very low tolerance to frustration and a low threshold for discharge of aggression, including violence.
5. Incapacity to experience guilt and to profit from experience, particularly punishment.
6. Marked proneness to blame others or to offer plausible rationalizations for the behavior bringing the subject into conflict.
7. Persistent irritability.

wait, that's Dissocial personality disorder! silly me.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

if you went to jail, my tax dollar would be paying for you to be there.

as for your car, I think you can walk, right? if you are wheelchair bound apply for social security, so my tax dollars can help you.

see, I am already paying for those things, you just have to go out there and get them!

but if you are hungry, I'll share what I have, however little that is.

if someone was on fire, you mean you have no obligation to help them, you can just watch them burn, because it isn't your responsibility, right?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaTherionbut if you are hungry, I'll share what I have, however little that is.

I don't doubt that you are this type. I don't doubt that a good majority of ppl are this type. I don't doubt it bc the charities I have helped are based upon this very type.... everything comes from good ppl with good hearts that want to help others in their time of need.

I DO HOWEVER doubt the good intentions of the government. They know that those who rely on them are in their debt and they will come to collect on that debt in good time.

I trust YOU with the money YOU EARN........ I do NOT trust them with the money you earn
(but you can be naive and believe that they have our best intention in mind if you like)!

The fire question is ignorance at best to what I have been saying in this thread.

And you are right about walking if I have no car. (although having taken personal repsonsibility, I have plenty to take care of any problems that might occur in that area......... for now anyway unitl everything I make is spread "evenly" among those who don't deserve to have their grubby hands on what I have worked for).

And being labeled by you as having Dissocial personality disorder is all good and fine.
I would rather be labeled as such and be able to choose to help out those around me who are in my life rather than crack addicts, lazy ppl who feel entitled, and ultimately lining the gov't pockets w/ my earnings

[edit on 5-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
So your telling the toilet scrubbers to stop complaining?

Why dont you rich folks stop complaining? You have everything yet you still have to open your mouth and talk bad on those who have nothing.

You deserve to clean toilets for a living buddy, then you will see the Truth of reality for once.

I've doubled my income over the past two years to $140k/yr base plus bonus. I did the terrible jobs and said no more. I looked at what occupations made money and what I liked to do, and got the eduction to make it happen in that arena. Then worked my butt off to become the best in that area. I will bring into the company $6M in gross profit which is what sets my salary. Why should you get paid lots of money for keeping the toilets clean, I'll do them myselves and save a few bucks. Rule of thumb is that your salary is equal to one-third of the benefits you bring to the company. The more money you make for a company, the more you get paid. Just doing something to keep the status quo is not that valuable, it's just a conveince to the company.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

AMEN! Brother

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

O.K. wise guy who do you think will take care of those poor children that get taken away from those min. wage workers? Government! which everyone pays for! So why cant we have higher min. wage so at least everyone gets a chance, or the middle and upper class can pay more taxes and keep the poor on welfare! Why don't you people who scoff at the poor trade places for one day and then post a comment.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Wow!

I really do not know what to say. To Solarskye,chukkd, and anyone else who think a minimum wage is tantamount to communism. Let me ask your advice.

I served my country and was injured (non combat). It took me 7 years to earn a B.F.A. when it should have only taken 4. In the last 20 years I have had to go through 14 operations. Everytime I fought to my feet I was back in the hospital. Because of my medical issues it has become very difficult to find a good paying job.

I do not have any kids because I felt the way you feel now. If I could not care for myself how could I care for anyone else? Because of this I still believe I made the right decision but for the wrong reason.

I do believe that as Americans we are the hardest working country in the world and as a whole we do not want something we have not worked for. The question is and the problem becomes relevant when you borrow money for college, work for a company as hard as you can, take pride in your work and contributions to society and your employer moves overseas to earn a few cents profit.

Answer any of these questions in an intelligent manner and prove to me that I am a "whiner".

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgrupIf I could not care for myself how could I care for anyone else?

I only see two questions in here so I will address those the best I can in my opinions.

To the first question quoted above. If you can't take care of yourself, you made the right decision to not bring babies into the world. Seems like you agree w/ this, so... next.........

I do believe that as Americans we are the hardest working country in the world and as a whole we do not want something we have not worked for.

Well first I would like to comment on this. HAHAHAHA!! are you kidding me?? Look around you brother. MOre and more ppl demanding more input w/ less output. This statement is hardly correct.

The question is and the problem becomes relevant when you borrow money for college, work for a company as hard as you can, take pride in your work and contributions to society and your employer moves overseas to earn a few cents profit.

I am guessing you meant this to be a question although it sounds like your mind is made up.

Don't like the outsourcing, then use your genius to start a company where you can employ americans and accommodate to all their demands. If it is someone else's company, we shouldn't have a right to dictate where they are employing their staff from. At the very least, we shouldn't be asking our gov't to intervene, bc if they do, be sure they will intervene in your personal affairs as well when you start to offend others with the way you are controlling your life

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
justamomma;

Regardless of what you might question, if we as Americans did expect something for nothing then the vast majority of this country would be on welfare. We might have found that happening in some communities in the past but I really hope it is not so common today. I could be wrong, but I do not think so.

As far as companies having a right to move overseas to earn a few cents that is their right. I personally believe this to be nothing more than treason. The American worker made these companies what they are and are now considered nothing more than a hinderance to economic viability! That is alot more dangerous to this country than a minimum livable wage.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join