It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Raising The Minimum Wage & Stop Whining

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Why does everyone think college is our savior. I have a family member with a degree in Physics, he's working for the same low wage as me at the same place.

Having a degree does not promise you a job anymore. We have jobs leaving the country and companies cutting pay as we'll as benefits. How about demand for jobs? If every person were to go and get the higher education we would still be in the same position.

How about bringing the jobs first and then maybe, just maybe we will stop whining....

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHunted
Why does everyone think college is our savior. I have a family member with a degree in Physics, he's working for the same low wage as me at the same place.

Having a degree does not promise you a job anymore. We have jobs leaving the country and companies cutting pay as we'll as benefits. How about demand for jobs? If every person were to go and get the higher education we would still be in the same position.

How about bringing the jobs first and then maybe, just maybe we will stop whining....

No if you want the big bucks you need 2 things.

1. To know the right people
2. To catch a lucky break

Lots of people have degrees and dont make crap. To make the big bucks you need to know people and catch breaks. Thats how this life works. One big poker game.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

reply to post by TheHunted

It's time to abolish the federal reserve. Have government issue the currency by spending it into existence interest free through infrastructure programs the US needs. America are currently debt slaves to a system more concerned about it's own survival than that of it's citizens.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Swingarm]

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

No if you want the big bucks you need 2 things.

1. To know the right people
2. To catch a lucky break

Lots of people have degrees and dont make crap. To make the big bucks you need to know people and catch breaks. Thats how this life works. One big poker game.

Why can't one just be inventive? There are plenty of things ppl would pay for to have others do for them. All you have to do is market the services you are willing to do for others and the price you are willing to accept for doing those services.

You say catch a lucky break, but you are not telling ppl how that can be done and it is quite simple. Throw out the right bait and the luck comes biting, but unless a person throws it out there, it won't come.

The way you view it is very pessimestic and that it is that kind of view that keeps ppl where they are at. We are not completely hopeless yet, but until ppl quit making excuses, they will not learn the beauty of what this country was originally supposed to be about.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Why can't one just be inventive? There are plenty of things ppl would pay for to have others do for them. All you have to do is market the services you are willing to do for others and the price you are willing to accept for doing those services.

You say catch a lucky break, but you are not telling ppl how that can be done and it is quite simple. Throw out the right bait and the luck comes biting, but unless a person throws it out there, it won't come.

The way you view it is very pessimestic and that it is that kind of view that keeps ppl where they are at. We are not completely hopeless yet, but until ppl quit making excuses, they will not learn the beauty of what this country was originally supposed to be about.

Facts are facts. The stats show that most people who work work hard. Does mean they make the big bucks. Generally it takes a lucky break or you knowing someone to get you the big upgrades. Its a fact in the world of business. I wouldnt be where I am if I didnt catch a break and meet the right people at the right times. Sorry to burst your bubble but it is what it is. Rarely to people work hard and just fall into money it doesnt work that way.

I do want to add though if you dont work then you stand NO chances of catching a break or meeting the right people. Unless you win the lottery of course.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

People can't count on lucky breaks. The further you slide often the more demoralizing it is. Time to get the 4% out on the street and starting a class action suit against a government that has duped them into being artificial persons within statutes. It's time to reclaim you god given rights as a natural person and claim who it is that you really are.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swingarm
reply to post by mybigunit

People can't count on lucky breaks. The further you slide often the more demoralizing it is. Time to get the 4% out on the street and starting a class action suit against a government that has duped them into being artificial persons within statutes. It's time to reclaim you god given rights as a natural person and claim who it is that you really are.

Oh I agree you cant count on the lucky breaks but that is the reason why everyone isnt rich. Not everyone catches those breaks and when they do come some people dont see the breaks and jump on them. I think everyone out there can say he if I would of done THIS when I had a chance. That is my point. Im not saying you need to sit back and wait for the break. Work hard and get to know people and keep your eyes and options open.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I do want to add though if you dont work then you stand NO chances of catching a break or meeting the right people. Unless you win the lottery of course.

well, shoot! I must have missed the memo that said you HAD to know the right ppl when I set off on my ventures. lol

Good thing too or I might still be where I was a little over a year and a half ago.

I think if more ppl would REALLY *think* of ideas and market them right, they would be suprised where they could go (and I had no prior knowledge in marketing...... just went for it bc I had nothing to lose and everything to gain).

Heck, just off this thread I have gotten 2 new ideas, one of which I am putting into effect in btw posting on this thread.

To me, now that I have actually seen the profits from my thinking and efforts, I honestly believe that if you always have your eyes and ears open and are willing to have faith in your ideas, you can make it far in your life...... at least for now. I do believe that this is changing thanks to more and more ppl not believing in themselves and the idea of free market capitalism, but rather putting more faith into the gov't to give them handouts and breaks, IMO.

About 10 yrs down the line, we will see who was right and who was wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Who would work the minimum wage jobs if we were all to get College degrees? So we would pretty much be in the same position we are now. So whiners like me will exist no matter what...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Well then STFU and quit whinin

The world needs janitors and some people are simply born to be nothing more than toilet cleaners.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

well, shoot! I must have missed the memo that said you HAD to know the right ppl when I set off on my ventures. lol

Good thing too or I might still be where I was a little over a year and a half ago.

I think if more ppl would REALLY *think* of ideas and market them right, they would be suprised where they could go (and I had no prior knowledge in marketing...... just went for it bc I had nothing to lose and everything to gain).

Heck, just off this thread I have gotten 2 new ideas, one of which I am putting into effect in btw posting on this thread.

To me, now that I have actually seen the profits from my thinking and efforts, I honestly believe that if you always have your eyes and ears open and are willing to have faith in your ideas, you can make it far in your life...... at least for now. I do believe that this is changing thanks to more and more ppl not believing in themselves and the idea of free market capitalism, but rather putting more faith into the gov't to give them handouts and breaks, IMO.

About 10 yrs down the line, we will see who was right and who was wrong.

Now Im not saying that as you work that you dont meet people. In fact that is how I kept catching my breaks. As I worked people saw how hard I worked and how smart I was so they offered me opportunities. I jumped on them.

Now as far as working hard and keeping your head down and having faith in your ideas you will get far sure that does happen. But not usually. I know a few people who had great ideas and worked real hard and go nowhere. Why? Because it either wasnt the right market or they didnt meet the right people at the right time to get their products or ideas out there or they didnt catch certain things at certain times. I dont know how many times I can repeat this just because you have a good idea and work hard it does NOT guarantee you money. Sorry that is how it is. You need some luck and you need to know/meet the right people at the right times.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Thanks for your wisdom.

Like I said before America is in deep sh!t it going to take an upset of the apple cart before it gets solved. The people in the middle will have some hard times too. The fed needs to be dismantled thats the only real solution.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

While I can see your point, I think that the Minimum Wage should be a minimum of $4 more per hour, to get it closer to what the rest of the higher paid people make.

McDonald's pays Minimum Wage

7-11 pays Minimum Wage, just a few dollars more if you have experience

It's ridicoulous that Minimum Wage is low as Hell like it is, and while I agree you're not supposed to raise a family on it, the people at the bottom deserve a lot more than $6.55 an hour.

The rich get richer, and the poor just squeeze by barely.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

The entire U.S. government needs to be dismantled. A fresh start by a new government that actually follows the Constitution is the only thing that will give this nation a chance.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Okay, Ill take you advice and STFU. Where's my mop I gotta get back to work.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
reply to post by Swingarm

The entire U.S. government needs to be dismantled. A fresh start by a new government that actually follows the Constitution is the only thing that will give this nation a chance.

I finally agree with you on something

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

So you want barely literate burger flippers making more than 10 bucks an hour for asking people if they want to supersize the fries I would also like with that?.

Clearly you have never owned, ran, or even studied the economics of business.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Don't forget the wet floor signs, otherwise some other minimum wage earner will pretend to slip and sue you, your family, your employer, your family pets, and anyone you have ever met for eleventy jillion dollars.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

So you want barely literate burger flippers making more than 10 bucks an hour for asking people if they want to supersize the fries I would also like with that?.

NO 8 would be fair btw thats not a lot of money. ]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I think businesses should be making less profits, and profits should be extremely and strongly regulated.

7-11 makes up to 300% profit through mark-up on some items.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join