It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama in Berlin!?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shai hulud
This guy is the freakin Antichrist. The root of his speech was about destroying borders and "walls" to achieve a world agenda. I like my damn borders, language and culture just the way they are. This guy has fooled way too many people, and this is getting pretty damn biblical.

or u are programmed to ALWAYS look at things with paranoia ?

i think he means that we have to all come together, be 1, and try and find peace

we are all SOOO used to conflict, we can see no other way to deal with things.

refreshing to hear someone wanting to TALK !

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

thats a valid question, I have made it myself but after thining a litle about tit I think he has done well doing this, his speech was clear and correct.

obama will be the next president of the US and I think that´s great to the world.

Just hope he succeed

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Did anyone see the evening news tonight? My husband and I couldn't believe what we were seeing when Obama walked down the catwalk with no security around him. We thought that this seemed odd.
He actually looked more like a model than someone running for the highest office in the United States.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm really glad to see so many people here in this thread supporting Obama's speech. Just wanted to say that. It usually seems to be a core group of us who are "sticking up" for him and everyone else is hating on him. So that's nice to know that you're out there, even though you don't always post.
And that's ok. I totally understand that.

And thank you, highfreq for posting the speech! I've seen snippets, but I'm going to watch it later.

I also found it interesting that McCain sort of dissed Obama for speaking in Berlin, saying he would love to give a speech in Germany, but would prefer to do it as president rather than as a candidate.

My question is WHY? What's wrong with speaking outside the country as a candidate? McCain did it. Why, now that it's Obama doing it, it's a big deal and better to wait till he's president? What a lame diss. I'm sorry, he's sounding like a pouting, whining baby. He goaded Obama about taking a trip and when Obama does it, he's pissy about it. It's just lame. Grow up.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

You know , when I look at Barack Obama on TV I can hardly hear what the man says because just looking at him chills me to the bone.
There is something very scary about him but I guess several of you on this thread are under the Messiah's spell.
After that speech in Berlin today I would love to see his passport.
He is a citizen of the WORLD!

[edit on 24-7-2008 by MagicaRose]

[edit on 24-7-2008 by MagicaRose]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Its like there is the spirt of Leni Riefenstahl in Obamas staff today.

A brilliant work of rhetoric, writing, setting, and a performence.

I wonder what Obamas brave new world will be like.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Its like there is the spirt of Leni Riefenstahl in Obamas staff today.

A brilliant work of rhetoric, writing, setting, and a performence.

I wonder what Obamas brave new world will be like.

Wow, so you are saying that his staff is a bunch of nazis?

Thats pretty immature don't you think?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by anyone

I'm merely commenting on the content of this one speech.

Myself, I did watch most of the Democratic debates and have read through his policy proposals at his website. There is decent information out there on his policies, but the substance certainly didn't match the hype today.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand why, too. They know there's a potential for backlash if their candidate goes too far in campaigning on foreign soil. In the end, what we're left with is a speech that was intended to be politically safe, but as a consequence, lacked any real substance beyond the rather standard Dem/liberal foreign policy talking points.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by vor78]

I actually saw a lot of substance today. One of the things this does is to quell the detractors who claim that our enemies want him to win. Here we have 200k+ citizens of our allies wanting to him to win.

I saw Obama speak about American's participation in the history of Europe, and Europes participation in the History of America. I saw him reach out to the same people Cheney rebuked as "Old Europe". I saw Obama make many overtures toward healing the rift between America and Europe.

Yep. Not bad for a first talk to Europe in general if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

“I come to Berlin as so many of my countrymen have come before, although tonight, I speak to you not as a candidate for president, but as a citizen — a proud citizen of the United States, and a fellow citizen of the world,”

Very similar to what Kerry said:

“No president, through all of American history, has ever ceded — and nor would I — the right to preempt in any way necessary, to protect the United States of America. But if and when you do it, Jim, you’ve got to do it in a way that passes the, the test, that passes the global test where your countrymen, your people, understand fully why you’re doing what you’re doing, and you can prove to the world that you did it for legitimate reasons.”

Why are the Dems major a** kissers always trying to appease the world?
You can't be much of a leader if are worried about what the rest of the world thinks.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Isn't it ironic that Osama is apologizing to the Germans about American conduct around the world? I find that pretty insulting. Germany of all places? We were over there twice killing those Germans for their antics and Osama is drawing thinly veiled parallels between how “bad” America is and the Nazis?

This Muslim has no class at all…

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

Originally posted by MagicaRose
There is something very scary about him but I guess several of you on this thread are under the Messiah's spell.

Why must it be those who support him that are under some sort of "spell"?

I would suggest that those who can't explain why they fear or hate him might be under a "spell" of their own. It's called the Culture of Fear. Obama supporters always get slammed for thinking he's some kind of "Messiah" and not having any good reason to like him (which is RARELY true). I would invite you to give some serious thought to why you fear him without a reason you can clarify, because I can give you plenty of good reasons why I do like him.

Who's under the spell here?

Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ya know, I really have'nt figured out what the heck you Obama or McCain supporters are smoking. Seriously, Obama is a globalist who is just another shill for the NWO and MCain is a joke, he's making fun of himself and trying push himself out of the race. Both are nothing but the same people who lie over and over agian to you guys. I don't support either one of those clowns. Honestly, Obama IS looking more and more like the prophet of The Beast (aka the anti-Christ), sure he'll unite the world and will bring peace, but the peace will only be for the folks who decide to devote themselves to the NWO, for the rest of us, the folks who see inconsistancies and challenge them, well, it won't be that great, we will be named terrorists and we will be hunted down and killed because we oppose the One World government, the NWO, the RFID implant. We choose to think for ourselves and not get caught up in the euphoria this puppet excretes. We choose to hold on to our civil liberties, we choosw the right to be free:

Revelation 13:1-18 (KJV)
1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

11And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Start running for the hills when Obama calls down fire folks.

And for the goober who says that the antichrist isn't in the bible and that there is'nt anything even like it in the bible, here you go:

1 John 2:18-19 "Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have arisen; from this we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, in order that it might be shown that they all are not of us."

1 John 2:22-23 "Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also."

1 John 4:2-3 "By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; and this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world."

2 John 1:7 "For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist."

The antichrist is a spirit, but when we suspect this person or that person as being the antichrist, we are merly speaking of the prophet of The Beast spoken of in revelation, he is someone who embodies the spirit of the antichrist, therefore we call him the antichrist.

-Jimmy

[edit on 24-7-2008 by jimmyjackblack]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Why are the Dems major a** kissers always trying to appease the world?
You can't be much of a leader if are worried about what the rest of the world thinks.

Nor can you be a leader if you don't give a darn what they think.

What I want in a leader is someone who is well liked by both our friends and our enemies.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

"And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast"

Soros must be the dragon and Obama is the beast that everyone is worshipping.

Let's hold on to these passages, interesting to see what pans out.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Some of you may not realize the significance of this speech. Yes, Obama gave a good speech and was very well delivered and received, but in my opinion, there is something more to than that. Being a student of history, I know it is easy to go back in time and see the impact that someone had in a speech like this and we have seen many speeches by our leaders used as sound bites over and over. They become a part of our history and our culture.

This is one of those speeches.

When I heard that Obama was going to speak at Berlin, I was expecting that at some point, surely this junior senator that so many see as inferior, would falter in a speech of this magnitude. What I saw was the opposite. He delivered that speech with confidence and determination as if he was born for it.

Some of you will see it entirely different. You will be afraid of him and what he said. I expect some will react negatively, and that is a shame, because we just witnessed history.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm really glad to see so many people here in this thread supporting Obama's speech. Just wanted to say that. It usually seems to be a core group of us who are "sticking up" for him and everyone else is hating on him. So that's nice to know that you're out there, even though you don't always post.
And that's ok. I totally understand that.

And thank you, highfreq for posting the speech! I've seen snippets, but I'm going to watch it later.

I also found it interesting that McCain sort of dissed Obama for speaking in Berlin, saying he would love to give a speech in Germany, but would prefer to do it as president rather than as a candidate.

My question is WHY? What's wrong with speaking outside the country as a candidate? McCain did it. Why, now that it's Obama doing it, it's a big deal and better to wait till he's president? What a lame diss. I'm sorry, he's sounding like a pouting, whining baby. He goaded Obama about taking a trip and when Obama does it, he's pissy about it. It's just lame. Grow up.

I think that McCain is referring to the kind of speech Obama is giving, one to a mass audience. He is probably just jealous that his campaign staff didn't have him do the same thing.

My point for starting this thread is that Obama and his campaign really have been innovative in the way the campaign has been going. This is new and history making campaigning and others will take heed to the response by the public... internet campaigning so early on, myspace, facebook, now with this type of speech in another country... to me it's historical, maybe controversial but cutting edge. It is good to have this kind of pave the way campaigning because it is just another example of the kind of change we need.

I am one of those mostly reading and not responding to some of the other Obama threads; I just know when it is pointless and would be just combative to respond to those.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Are you saying this speech is one that all other speeches by future Presidential candidates will be measured by?

Why didn't he give it in German?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexed
Isn't it ironic that Osama is apologizing to the Germans about American conduct around the world? I find that pretty insulting. Germany of all places? We were over there twice killing those Germans for their antics and Osama is drawing thinly veiled parallels between how “bad” America is and the Nazis?

It's Obama not Osama.

Sorry for the one liner.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by anyone

It's Obama not Osama.

Sorry for the one liner.

Maybe he should be called Ubama instead.
Gotta keep it consistent.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by anyone

It's Obama not Osama.

Sorry for the one liner.

Osama couldn't tell the Germans that if it were not for America they would be speaking in Russian and he wouldn't be there giving the speech in the first place. Nope, Osama just has to keep up the hate America mantra... America is bad, very bad and the only way to fix it is to put a Muslim in the White House.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join