It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama in Berlin!?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis
This is an effing Bush era..that's where these haters come from.

It's sad but true. The whole attitude of "We're number ONE" and everyone else is somehow not as good, or that there's something WRONG with being citizens of the world, is a sad statement. But it's been necessary for the "Bush Era" to be successful. An Iraqi citizen's life can't be as valuable as an American soldier's or else people wouldn't be able to support the war as they have.

This "global citizenship" that Obama is talking about is seen as a weakness to the Bush Era children. We have to protect our own, be in competition with other countries or else we'll get shafted, or worse, attacked. It breeds suspicion. Bush has done more damage that we know to the psyche of US citizens.

Too sad.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
For those who had the misfortune of seeing his speech here is the transcript.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It's nerve racking. I always think of what this Era, any Bush, has done. I have friends in the states, close ones and I think that IF...IF the worst were to happen that the US would be attacked somehow, my friends would be the ones dieing and they did nothing wrong.

And yet there's people that believe this is the manner the gov't should take in upholding itself. The word Peace was thrown right out the door. Obviously peace hasn't worked, as we can see, so let's just try something new, I think we all deserve it.

I just rambled I'm sorry.

But it is too sad.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So true very well said but it seems ok for Bush to go beg for oil and hold hands with the Saudi "king of oil" like a prom date,but Obama makes a speech in germany and all hell breaks loose.Haters ya gotta love em

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by qwertz
I heard his words and i don't need translation to understand, that this was the proclamation of the new world order.

I'ts about time!

Ain't it?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Did Obama say "his Commitee" was the Senate Banking Committe (though he is not even a member) like he did in his in Israel??

More hype is all this is.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The "haters" are scared. I think Obama supporters like myself are sick of being afraid; with all of the fear mongering Bush spewed forth people are fed up. The fear factor has got to stop.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

Bush is the same guy that told you to "help the economy, go spend at the malls" ....then your economy sinks, and housing, and no money. You need Obama.

McCain already looks like he's half dead.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Bush is the same guy that told you to "help the economy, go spend at the malls" ....then your economy sinks, and housing, and no money. You need Obama.

Yeah, and the economy certainly needed that help alright after having nearly 2 Trillion$ worth of damage to economy by the 9/11 tragedy and the Code Red worm (Code Red 2 weeks prior to 9/11 costing US businesses nearly 800 Billion in down-time).

A nearly two Trillion$ smash to the balls would have taken any other economy down completely.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Time to make friends to get some money into the States, somehow....legally. Pardon the one liner.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

Yah... that money paid my property taxes... no new t.v.

So much for boosting the economy, right?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The "haters" are scared. I think Obama supporters like myself are sick of being afraid

Yeah, so lets put up on a huge Pedastal a guy who is barely wet behind the ears and in his diapers politically. Let's put all our undevided trust in a guy who has already betrayed what we stand for and it isn't even the election yet.

Makes alot of sense.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Well you put your trust in a cokehead...then the cokehead got re-elected again...wow...just wow.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

The "haters" are scared. I think Obama supporters like myself are sick of being afraid

Yeah, so lets put up on a huge Pedastal a guy who is barely wet behind the ears and in his diapers politically.

That is EXACTLY what I want. I want someone who hasn't been tainted/jaded yet by the process.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Originally posted by qwertz
I heard his words and i don't need translation to understand, that this was the proclamation of the new world order.

I'ts about time!

Ain't it?

Hardly a joking matter, really. When mankind is this close to finally, truly, uniting, it's only a matter of time before those who want it divided use qwertz and his ilk to try and drive another wedge into the world. I wonder, what will they do when they realize they were manipulated into doing the work of madmen, like so many paranoid reactionaries before them? And what will they think when even their fellow lunatics abandon them, because anyone who would do such horrible things was obviously a COINTELPRO agent trying to make them look bad?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by anyone
The "haters" are scared. I think Obama supporters like myself are sick of being afraid; with all of the fear mongering Bush spewed forth people are fed up. The fear factor has got to stop.

That Bush spewed forth??? Have you been reading the news and paying attention to the media, the liberally-biased media? Most of this doom and gloom news is coming straight from the mouths of Congressional leaders who want you to think times are as dire as they can possibly be so you will think that the time for change is at hand.

Got more bad news for you - whether or not Obama is elected, a liberally controlled Congress will continue the fear-mongering through the media so you consistently believe that a Democrat is the only answer to this country's needs.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Originally posted by jetxnet

Yeah, so lets put up on a huge Pedastal a guy who is barely wet behind the ears and in his diapers politically.

That is EXACTLY what I want. I want someone who hasn't been tainted/jaded yet by the process.

Don't you get it? That's not what you're getting in Obama! The man has already proven he's capable of lying, AND twisting his words to fit the situation, AND never willing to admit he's wrong. He's even broken promises of not taking money from oil companies to get elected, he's waffld on major bills after making promises to his constituents - how do you justified "untainted"?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by anyone

That Bush spewed forth??? Have you been reading the news and paying attention to the media, the liberally-biased media? Most of this doom and gloom news is coming straight from the mouths of Congressional leaders who want you to think times are as dire as they can possibly be so you will think that the time for change is at hand.

So you are basically siding with Phill Gramm on this one? The problems that we are facing are all psychological and we are a nation of "whiners"?

Gotcha.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Don't you get it?

That is what I keep asking myself about you.

Kinda funny ain't it?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
He changed his goddamned mind. Humans are allowed to do that, regardless of what you're being told. And honestly. Liberal media? Do you have any idea how skewed the American political spectrum is in this country? Your idea of a liberal would be considered a moderate with minimal conservative leanings in any other nation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join