It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama in Berlin!?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by Quazga

I agree with you on that count. For his supporters, it certainly is the type of speech that they want to hear. But moderate Dems and unaffiliated voters? I'll wait to see the poll numbers over the next week or two.

Good points, all around.

I too am eager to see the poll results.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I love how the Obama campaign plastered the police barricades with support poster and campaign propaganda.

What a moron.

I also agree that he should have been speaking German.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Did anyone else find the irony in a charismatic would-be aided by strong speech writers campaigning wholly on a voter dissatisfaction speaking in front of enchanted masses in Berlin?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
Did anyone else find the irony in a charismatic would-be aided by strong speech writers campaigning wholly on a voter dissatisfaction speaking in front of enchanted masses in Berlin?

If only he was campaigning "wholly on voter dissatisfaction"

I don't vote out of a sense of disatisfaction. I vote out of a sense of hope for a world that I know we can build together.

I find it doesn't make much sense to throw energy after something you are against. It is much more efficient to throw energy after something you are for.

I do however find your defamation of a fellow Citizen as rather ironic.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Funny thing about that...

I didn't even think he was qualified to be President; but apparently he is qualified enough to "rebuild the world!"

This guy cracks me up.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

There is no doubt that some people will respond unkindly to a "rally" in another country. But I think most of us will find it a fresh outlook on responsible "politicking." He is really speaking to us because it shows how involved as a politician in will be on foreign affairs. This initiative of leadership is what we have wanted, hoped for, and need.

*Thanks everyone for your views. All are important looks on this issue. (Even if I don't necessarily agree on them all.) *

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

We have plenty of our own enchanted masses in this country. I see it as a good thing.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Regardless of your personal reasons for voting/backing Obama, when even the incumbent party is campaigning on "change" you'd be pretty naive to think that voter dissatisfaction isn't the recurring theme of this election.
I was simply saying there was an unintended symmetry there -- that's what irony means.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
reply to post by Quazga

Regardless of your personal reasons for voting/backing Obama, when even the incumbent party is campaigning on "change" you'd be pretty naive to think that voter dissatisfaction isn't the recurring theme of this election.

Nope. Sorry, I don't think so. I think that the only reason the incumbent party is campaigning on change is because the opposition is. Look back, at the primary season and you will see the "evolution of 'change'" on the campaign trail.

The GOP is quite happy with everything currently. How do I know? Because their initial response is that people who are having a problem are "Whiners" and that the problem is purely psychological.

Nope, those who are voting for Obama are voting for change, but not the kind of change you might think. This isn't change from the current president to another. Nor is it change from a crappy president for one that can do somewhat better.

This is the change of face for America as a whole! This isn't about dissatisfaction as much as it is about the Hope for something we have never had.

John Kerry was the candidate who should have won due to voter dissastisfaction. I remember the "Anyone But Bush" Stickers from 2004. I also remember saying, the first time I heard Obama speak in 2004 at the DNC, "This is the guy who should be running for president! I don't care what party he is leading, I'll vote for him!"

You see many of us view this as a fundamental change in how elections are won, how party lines are formed, how the rest of the world views us, and how we govern ourselves.

This is why I didn't vote for Hillary. This is why Obama will be the next President of these wonderful United States.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
ah hell with it! why don't we just make him World President and get it over with!
I will be in my safety bunker should anyone need me...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I missed the speech. Hopefully I can catch it online or it will be replayed.

Originally posted by baked
What I don't understand is, why would the American public, want to elect a man we hardly know anything about?

I know a LOT about him. I know TONS about him. What is it that you want to know? His life is an open book. There are MANY sources about him and his life. If you don't know anything about him, it's because you don't want to.

Why would people want to elect a man that has only been in politics a few years?

Why not? Political experience hasn't proven to be an accurate measure of a good president. Besides, he has 12 years of political experience.

Why was he able to go to Harvard with hardly any money growing up?

Student loans. He and Michelle just recently paid them off!
Obama's Books Paid off Student Loans

"Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh"

Ah! Ok. Gotcha!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
ah hell with it! why don't we just make him World President and get it over with!
I will be in my safety bunker should anyone need me...

I'll vote for that

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

HAH! I love your response to last piece.

That was priceless!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by anyone
Is this normal for a Presidential candidate to make a "stump-like" speech in another country? I am watching MSNBC right now in awe...

What do you all think?

[edit on 24-7-2008 by anyone]

Why is this shocking? Why do some post he should have said it in German? What's the big deal here? Are we trying to find another reason to bash Obama again?

Edit...the rooolling eyes.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

We say that because not too long ago he was out speaking about how "embarrassed" he was that Americans go over seas and can only speak English. Well, actually, all we can say is "merci beaucoup".

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I come to Berlin as so many of my countrymen have come before. Tonight, I speak to you not as a candidate for President, but as a citizen - a proud citizen of the United States, and a fellow citizen of the world.

I'm so glad he said that.

We need our global allies more so than ever now. I believe Obama will be the one to repair our relationships with the other nations in the Western World.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

We say that because not too long ago he was out speaking about how "embarrassed" he was that Americans go over seas and can only speak English. Well, actually, all we can say is "merci beaucoup".

Aside from merci beaucoup, what else can you say? That'll be my first question.

Aside from that, from my point of view I see America (SOME STATES) uncultured in the world, I blame your media outlets. Hell, some of you believe Toronto is the capital of Canada, and they're just north of you.

But this isn't a bash at all. I see where some would get upset, but it's not like the German language is...subtle.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Haters you gotta love em. Listen...with all the damage the Bush has done to our image around the world is it not cool that an american pol can be so well received in another country? Haters ya gotta love em. Regardless what most americans think we are not the light of the world we live here just like the rest and its time for us to join the global community instead of trying to run it.

So bring on the flames....I'm kinda cold anyways

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tricky63

I'm wouldn't flame you because you're right. The haters hate Obama one main reason I wont say, we can all see it, so they'll say anything to bash the guy. Geez, it's like the poor guy can't stumble a word or two, or change an idea he had...hell we all do it everyday!

This is an effing Bush era..that's where these haters come from.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I heard his words and i don't need translation to understand, that this was the proclamation of the new world order.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join