It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama speaking English in Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
“You know, it’s embarrassing when Europeans come over here, they all speak English, they speak French, they speak German. And then we go over to Europe and all we can say is merci beaucoup!" Barack Obama

Right at this moment Barack Hussein Obama is in Germany giving a speech....in ENGLISH!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
really who cares? he can speak spanish if he wants too...

todays a sunny day in germany theres better things to do then to listen to some us politician

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
really who cares? he can speak spanish if he wants too...

todays a sunny day in germany theres better things to do then to listen to some us politician

Like sit inside on your computer and post comments on forums

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

It is a policy of French leaders to use French on foreign visits. Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This thread is ridiculous.

I have never heard Bush or Cheney speak German while overseas. In fact, I guarantee that if Obama did speak German, you would be accusing him of secretly being a Nazi fascist. Oy.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
This thread is ridiculous.

I have never heard Bush or Cheney speak German while overseas. In fact, I guarantee that if Obama did speak German, you would be accusing him of secretly being a Nazi fascist. Oy.

When was the last time Bush or Cheney made fun of Americans not speaking a foreign language while visiting another country?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I thought the foreign languages Obama new were relatively useless anyway like some Indonesian dialect. Malay, I think. And he isn't fluent by any stretch of the imagination. I probably speak better Spanish, French and Japanese than he does Malay.

I can ask for chocolate in Klingon. Does that make you happy Obama?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

most of you miss the point, obama was embarrassed that most americans only spoke english, now hes over in another country, running for president in the states, speaking......english, how hypocritical is that?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Frankly I'm "embarrassed" by Obama right now.

How dare he embarrass this country by going overseas and speaking English!

What a hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

It's not at all - he expressed dismay that Americans are generally behind the rest of the world in terms of learning another language - not that they don't speak every language on the planet fluently

If he expressed dissatisfaction that America wasn't graduating enough engineers (it isn't), you guys would be trying to use the fact that he rides in an airplane made by Boeing instead of one he designed himself as "evidence of his hypocrisy"

There is absolutely no depth to which the far right will not sink to keep this guy out of the White House - probably why he's still leading in the polls despite the massive and persistent smear campaign.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
'world leaders speak in their own tongue when visiting other countries.

I'm no fan of Obama, but he doesnt have to speak German while there.
No more than Bush speaks to foreign heads of state in Japanese or Arabian.

Obama wasnt being a hypocrit, he said Americans should learn other languages.

That doesnt have anything to do with his position.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

and i missed it..
...what a shame...but its ok if he speaks english...most of the germans understand english...so where is the prob?...but i have to agree with obamas words...and i agree with dgtempe..obama does'nt have to speak german...

new topics

top topics

join