It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge is God????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
God is knowledge? Before I have a fit in which I bomb the church next to me, I think that it would be important to derfine 'god'!

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
hey this won't be my first water balloonin'.

i was thinkin' like god is experience.
first hand raw perception.
that is why everything is not only possible
but IZ

kinda like your feeble mind can't comprehend(KNOWledge)
heck i may get bombed too o

peace

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
God is referred to as being JUST more than any other thing in the bible. No matter what translation.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Yes, Knowledge = God = Love = Light = EVERYTHING that exists... it's all the same thing ya bunch of... lovable tabloid readers!

Here's my thread on knowledge - it doesn't get any more specific than THIS!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Panchovilla, who's feeble mind are you talking about? It's funny how so many debates are started and then people can only try to offend others. Maybe I'm reading how you said feeble wrong but it seems directed at me or another person.

You're really kind of saying what I said when you think God may be first hand raw perception and I say God is knowledge. Knowledge would include raw perception. How can you have knowledge on everything without raw perception. Since this God would be at all places at all times wouldn't he always have a raw perception of everything to give it knowledge.

Who brought the Church into this. The church has nothing to do with any God and only makes money off God's name. Of course it would be nice to define God and that's what this is an attemp at. Maybe all God is is the fact that knowledge exists. This meaning that all knowledge is God and he's not a being like we think. Everyone hears God and they have to think a church is being involved as some kind of proof of God.

Is the concept really that hard to grasp?

Everyone is describing God as how they have heard he exists. I'm trying to see if anyone can think outside that box. A lot of you have brought up good points and I know we can all comprehend this.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Maybe the knowledge of everything that could ever happen is out there and it is our raw perception that is needed to unlock all the secrets. This is how we gain knowledge but couldn't God already be all knowledge since he created everything and already knows what has been and will be?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
hey hoolagan maybe you should try using more of your brain. i wouldn't.

no i don't know. i just like the dirt and things that grow out of it like big buckin' electric kicks my brotha.

yea i think we said the same thing, but i guess that is what is cool about god 'ey? lots of eyes.

you know like ten people could be standing side by side and witness the exact same event and all experience or feel differently about it. that is why god made psycho mongoloids like me. cuz one day you'll be in a narrow canoe and your ability to swim will abandon you. and i'll be that big phat mongoloid swimming towards you making retard noises and flailing me arms until i tump you over and you drown.

peace

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Haha, nice. I'll have to remember to stay out of a canoe when I'm in your neighborhood. You could always try to save my life rather than thump me over my head. To each his own

Uh, as for a lot of the other stuff you said. I think I may get a little of the crazy things said but oh well. I'll stick to trying to use more of my mind just so I can figure out what it was that you did say
Maybe that was you're reason for saying it all.

You're right about people getting different interpretations when they see or read about the same event. That is one of the best aspects of life, diversity.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
no i wouldn't exact any demise upon you. i just felt compelled to share a true life experience; it certainly must have had more effect coming from the perspective of the vengeful mongoloid.

feeble mind is everyone including me or perhaps myself most of all. i mean maybe lucifer is or was venus but there is quite a few things that occur in this world that i do not perceive to be right(godly). but maybe that is my fault my feebleness to think that god is "good". i say look at the forest and wildlife habitat being destroyed; then i think naturally everything exist- like concrete and hitler and nuclear bombs. dude three days is too long for me to go without sleep. can't say what i want. i mean i could but i wont.

i just thought that the bible says that we are the arms and hands of legs of god. i thing the original text translates fecal matter.

peace

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by panchovilla]

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I can neversay what I want when I'm awake so don't feel bad. I'd have to put myself in a feeble mind set as well. I think this place actually is much better than most places. A lot of people with strong minds and at least willing to work on them.

It is a shame what has been done to earth. It's such a shame after reading a great post about Native Americans and then thinking about how we took this land only to destroy it. Hopefully everything will come around full circle and we'll get a clean earth again.

I guess it's important to have balance, even if we don't want the turds like Adolf.

I better go get some sleep so I can understand what people are trying to say better. Hopefully it will be you swimming my way when I'm in trouble and not one of the many Mongoloids.

oba

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
what I sense often in this kind of debate is the subjectivity of all the viewpoints

subjectivity (ie: the inherently personal interpretation) must be at the core of it ....

in other words, is it possible to have an OBJECTIVE concept of God?

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by oba]

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
God is Knowledge?

Define " God " , then define " knowledge "

God can be subscribed from many doctrinal perspectives, eastern to western each different from the other.

Knowledge is what exactly? Knowledge of , What, Where, When, Who, Why, How ?

Light can be associated with the dynamics of consciousness, God can be associated on an easter philosophical standpoint as a state of Pure Consciousness.

Knowledge is Knowledge.

God is, Experience, Stimulus, a state of Amborisa, An uknown backlash of our consciousness's stated by RobertFenix ?

Deep

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
That's my point.

Define God and then define knowledge. We can define knowledge but no one can define God. I don't care how smart anyone thinks they are.

That's a big part of my point is that we can't define God and when we do it's based on other peoples beliefs from the past. I don't care if all the religions from the past share the same definition of a God or not. What has proven them to be correct? Nothing but opinion.

I am trying to say maybe God could be more simple than is thought. I doubt it but maybe.

People are trying to say this is wrong like they know the true definition of God. Maybe they have a theory of what God is but it's strange to see people so sure of their definition of God.

I wish I could be so lucky as to have a firm belief in him one way or another. That's why I'm trying to tweak a view on God into something a little different. The most important thing is that everyone's definition of God works for themselves. Hopefully it allows them to keep an open mind rather than cling to an ancient view of what God must be because it was written a certain way in some book/books.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
We simply need to start to define our selves and our identity in this small world before we venture into domains beyond our grasps.

As a society, were still children that need to hit puberty.

Deep

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Wisdom is the answer not knowledge there is a difference between knowledge and wisdom.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I feel like there are threads repeating themselves lately, but I will make this statement again.

Knowledge is the accumulation of facts much the way that a text book does.

Wisdom is the ability to use those facts in new and inovative ways.

It is the difference between creative thinking and regurgitation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join