It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge is God????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think, therefore I am. Didn't God call himself "I am"? You need knowledge to think. What if knowledge is the true God. It is everywhere just waiting for people to discover it. It has no body and we can't comprehend everything about it. It's obviously all knowing.

I think the Bible is more about our creators in terms of aliens. I also think that they must have had a creator of some sort. Maybe the fact that our universe, and everything else that exists in every dimension, exists is enough to tell us that this knowledge form of God exists. The knowledge is out there and no one being could ever take it all in except for the knowledge/God. There can only be one all powerfull and infinite being in all infinity, otherwise you run out of room so to speak.

I did run a search and I'm sorry if this has already been talked about. I'm sure it has been but that's no reason for someone to slam me for not knowing that. I've noticed a lot of snooty people getting mad at other people for starting discussions that they had no idea took place some 5 years ago. I know most people in here are above ripping on people for wanting to talk about something that is interesting.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by Mandalorianwarrior]

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by Mandalorianwarrior]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Man do I have a lot of typos.

This is obviously just a start for the topic. I could go more in depth on it but I wanna see if anyone else is entertained by this idea. What if the thoughts that are knowledge is all God is. No physical body, just thoughts of knowledge.

Sure, we may have been created in his image but maybe he can see a lot better than we can. Maybe we have the wrong idea of the word "image."

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i have only ripped on one person since ive been here and it wasnt belittling or flaming it was just a response to a person going off and taking what i said as if it was addressed to that person
of course it was in this forum...which i for the most part avoid ...because for me its pointless for the most part what is being said and most doesnt involve some conspiracy ....just a tirade of dogma and hypocrisy

now that being said
god is all knowing
i am is his way of saying that he is the ineffable sole reality and there is not else
jesus also said it
and so did some great saints who have become god realized
they realized they were one with god

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok let me explain. just by the title, i was drawn to the post to simply scream: NO!!!!!!!!!

sorry, i just have ahuge theory about the contradiction of wisdom v. knowledge.

the easiest way for me to explain is-

with knowledge you are with eyes, with wisdom you are with soul in which to see through them

good- wisdom
better- wisdom over knowledge

but having only knowledge is a horribly tragic thing, for it leaves no room for abstract thought, thought without boundaries of laws of governments, sciences, and society...

...which is supposedly the opposite of god

so no, to me, knowledge is not god. thatd be like saying every law book and scientific dictionary is god, WORSHIP THE TEXTBOOK!

nah, no way.

wisdom is not god either.

god is just that, god. and honestly, i see god as a name, not a feaful tone which should cause heads to bow and knees to shake in fear.

i dont fear god, i hold it as my equal, my love, faith and life.

GEEZ!!!!!! i just totally sounded like a non-denominational church kid right there didnt i? minus the equality clause! hahahha

but im not christian.

dangit ive gotten off topic!!!!

but no, knowledge is not god, god is not knowledge. or else, in genesis, adam and eve ate god!!! i wonder if he tasted like chicken...

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
God is Truth - not necessarily knowledge.
Knowledge isn't always the whole answer.

Descartes used the words "I think, therefore I am" to prove his own existence. According to the Bible, God used those words to explain his existence to Moses. Being able to think for yourself is really the only proof you have of your being.

The Bible is a story that many take literally. I personally believe that it is a book of symbols. Nearly everything that hasn't been tainted by politics has a deeper meaning. This would seem alien to those who only read the words but don't take in it's true purpose.

Push away all of the impurities that man has placed in this Book and you will find that it's essence is Love.
God is Love. God is Truth. Truth is Love.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think you have it almost right, but by deffinition GOD is much more than just knowledge. GOD is also the design by which all knowledge may be manipulated in ways that humans can not comprehend. Thus a human will never understand truely what GOD "IS". Other then everything that exists.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
it is his love that i am loving
it is his love which is truth
it is his truth which is love
is is you that i love ...not else

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Wisdom is what living beings put into the knowledge. The knowledge is there to be seen so that wisdom can be derived from it. Maybe the wisdom is where we come into play. If God is all knowledge than why would he even have to be wise? That's what I'm saying is that maybe God isn't making all these choices of wisdom for us or other intelligent lifeforms. Maybe his knowledge is what puts free will into motion and then he just got things going. It's like people are so sure that God is wisdom? What makes him so wise? See,, everyone is thinking of there idea of God as being this wise old guy with a white beard. I'm saying he could be less of a being and more of knowledge of EVERTHING that could be known.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Maybe he is a little more simple than all this and we are what makes it so complex. Please think outside the box and away from what religions have told you. I know it's not like I've hit the anil on the head. My theory is probably just as wrong as everyone elses. Actually, I'm just playing with the idea. It's no theory yet.

There is obviously no way that any single being could have all knowledge either. This idea is not to state that we could become God by knowing everything. I think that only the flow of knowledge could contain everything to be known.

You guys are sharp though. I appreciate you interesting thoughts on this.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
God is beyond words actually
beyond the beyond
God resides in the vibrationless realm
in the world also but not of the world

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Man created God, Man can destroy God. God cannot exist without Man. Animals breath life, they make decisions, but do they believe in God?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

The Bible is a story that many take literally. I personally believe that it is a book of symbols. Nearly everything that hasn't been tainted by politics has a deeper meaning. This would seem alien to those who only read the words but don't take in it's true purpose.

holy crap....thank you.

thats exactly what im thinkin over here.

its a freggin book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the bible.....honeslty...has little to do with god

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Good point with him being beyond words. This theory would seem to make God way to simple. It's kind of the opposite of every other theory so I wanted to hear what you all thought of it. I tend to agree with Watcher when he said that God is above our comprehension. I don't think our feeble minds will EVER know everything about God, even when we are with him if that is to ever happen for a human or any other being. All humans have a habit of thinking that things can be understood. Maybe this will always be over our head and we could never know?

I would think it is the one extreme or the other. Either he is simply knowledge and we are able to take tiny tiny pieces of it to follow our free will or we will never have a clue.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
being that you have a soul which is tiny piece of god
when you reach the ever flowing stream of divine consciouness you will become one with infinitude
then you will know all there is to know
but you wont care
youll live in ever renewing bliss that never grows old

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think the Bible has nothing to do with God really. I think it has to do more with things we can understand. Like stories about aliens, I know I know, and how they may have had a lot to do with our past. I would never say the Bible is God or his word.

I Know Nothing, that could be as well. I tend to think that there would be something that could be perceived as a God, depending on God's definition. Maybe that definition is what I'm really trying to clear up. I guess that's my point. What if we all make God out to be something more than it really is. It might not be a being at all but it could be the fact that all knowledge exists.

I think there is an all powerfull God but I think everyone kids themselves to claim they even have any idea of what God is. How in the heck could we know other than what we have been told by people in the past?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
the bible, to me, is a collection of fables (especially the old testament) relating to how one can live their life better to help others. and to teach morals.

like i said in another thread,
the bible is just advanced aesop.

i mean, alice and wonderland, farenheit 451, and a tale of two cities are doing the exact same thing, and i hold those books on the same level as the bible

so there ya go

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Keep posting according to the "Knowledge is God" theory and to your own theories and how they debunk it. I'll be back to check up on your thoughts but now I have to go cook some steaks. Everyone who has posted so far has had some GREAT points
It's great to see some thinking going on and hear what you have to say. Thanks

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
GOD is not all knowledge, thats why we are here. To gain knowledge. Since a human is a being of choice, it can chose to do something that GOD did not expect. Thus a "new" piece of knowledge is gained by GOD. Since GOD, consisting of all things in existence, can not form a physical presence he must therefore replicate himself a million times over in search of knowledge. Every multiple millenia GOD sends a "perfect" copy of himself to mill around with us "humans" when we get off track as a whole. To help bring us back in line, like a big experiment gone ary. IF your a good little solider you get sent back into "battle" but maybe with a different roll of the variable ie (skin color, IQ, sex, location etc) to see what your "soul" can get it self into our out of in the next life.

Maybe, maybe I am way off. Who really knows.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I think that the Bible is probably greatly miss-understood but still VERY important. I think there is a lot of true history in it and that can always be valuable. There are also hidden messages and fictions to be learned from in it. It's a bit of everything. Like I mentioned before, I think it has clues about aliens in it and that could be the secret to everything we wonder about our history.

It could be nothing at all like you say Scat. I can't prove my theory is correct of course, I'd be rich if I could. Even if it was fiction I would still have to put it above those books you listed just because of its age. It's good to know we had some smart people that long ago.

OK, going to make steaks for real.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Darn it, gotta get to those steaks. You guys keep bringing up good ides.

I like your idea RobertFenix. That is pretty cool to think of us as being tools for God. I have heard a little on that theory and it's awesome. It would explain "WHY". Why does everything exist? Because we are needed by a God to help him out with what he can not obtain on his own. I'll give it some more thought.

Couldn't God also be using us to gain wisdom of all his knowledge? Maybe he uses us cause he has all knowledge and that's no good without wisdom. That's why humans and aliens strive for wisdom, because it's what God craves to go with all knowledge.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join