It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds first 1 GW solar production tool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

World's first 1GW solar production tool. Breakthrough in the production of solar electricity cells: Simply printed (using ink with semiconductor nanoparticles).

Printing is a non-vacuum coating process that eliminates the need for a high-vacuum chamber as it is conventionally used. Printing is 200 times more capital efficient: A twenty times slower high-vacuum tool costs ten times as much.

More info see Nanosolar blog at www.nanosolar.com...

I expect this technology will sweep across the thin film solar industry very quickly. 1.3 million bucks for a GW production tool that is not even running at it's full potential!
Expect innovation in the Solar Industry to take off like a rocket.

For clarification, this tool produces 1 GW worth of solar panels per year.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here are their products that are on the market right now. Hopefully they'll be available to the general public soon. The Word I've been hearing is next spring/summer.

Nanosolar Utility Panel™

Nanosolar SolarPly™

[edit on 24-7-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The company that you refer to sounds very very mainstream, and I don't like that. They lie, lie and then they increase the power of the banks. (see most other threads I guess)

This vid does not appear to be mainstream. HYDROGEN HOPES....

I like the old guy with the unpronuncible name. He's going like Tesla!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The technology has been around for 2-3 years and there are already thin film solar panels out that are substantially cheaper then conventional crystalline tech...

[edit on 25-7-2010 by hawkiye]

top topics

join