It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Classics -Sources and Interpretations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Two questions for the following two images.
1.) What are the original sources?
2.) Whatr the heck are they pictures of?

The next two are from the Mars Anaomaly Research website by J.P Skipper aqnd are clearly marked, But what are these?!!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
How about some links? Then we could go take a look ourselves.

The last one looks like a lander airbag. In fact, the caption says 'intact bag'

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thanks for looking... um, well, the first two images are posted becasue I don't have a link or reference/context for them. I was hoping someone could help me out with that.

Thesecond two are labeled with corodinates, files, database, etc.
They come from here:
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

The "bag" comes from here:
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...
- from the pics, I would say several "bags," then . . .

And here's a fun one:
www.ufoarea.com...

[edit on 24-7-2008 by djerwulfe]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well, it would be lovely if these were photos of Martian life-forms. But nobody wants to jump the gun on this.

A few of those things on the Mars Anomaly blah blah are just nonsense though. Cydonia faces, alien humanoids caught on camera -- all fully explained by now.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Natural processes. Darker material being sifted through lighter material or ice via the wind or freezing/melting. The "root-like" stuff has pretty well been determined to basically be drainage ponds where lighter ice or frost has melted to a lower center point, leaving a rounded, spidery depression.

Stuff melts, stuff shifts, makes patterns. Same thing happens on Earth, but nobody declares it to be alien lifeforms.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

You mean Skipper's stuff, right?
I know.
His expertise leaves something to be desired, but he is sincere, I believe and he does dig out some good ones. I don't usually actually read his "analysis."

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Certainly not being flippant, but PART of that is because there is LIFE on earth. Actually it's ubiquitous here. One is hard pressed to find a space here wholly devoid of life.
So why so favorable here and then this distinct "cut-off' of complex self-replicating macromolecules? Bound only by our perception of where earth begins and ends.

Thanks for looking.
***Could you please direct me to some analogous terrestrial seasonal geology/ice formations? Images, I mean?

Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Also, I think this is an appropriate setting:
Sending out cosmic inquiry vibes to ATS user known as ArMap.

* I have really looked for the source files for the first two b&w images and can't find them.
They're probably either NASA/JPL, MOC, but I can't locate them. Or fakes.

Also, how does wind and ice explain the dark dunes that seem to be distinct forms from the surrounding terrain. If dust, ice, whatever, they'd have a more "settled" appearance. At least I think so.

Catch 22 with Mars: All results and data are negligible because either the results were obtained indirectly (i.e. in an earth lab, observatory, etc.) OR because they WERE obtained on Mars and it is potentially a magical place that potentially ignores everything we know about chemistry and physics.

Magic Mars. Where you can have all the necessary components for simple organisms to thrive. Where there are niches to be exploited that are far less hostile than many niches rife with bacteria here, yet it remains a Lifeless ball, but has watetr, nutrients, dynamic seasons, energy, carbon in abundance, light, etc. ect.

Ain't earth special? Good thing God only put life here and gave us infinite spce and materials. We'll never be bored demonstrating what utterly improbable, profoundly lonely things homo sapiens and all the other critters here are.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Skip is a good guy, i mailed him once and he replied quickly, argumenting his views.
All his pics have links and with all the patience he has he managed to find some pretty extraordinary stuff, some of which i feel is beyond doubt and self explanatory.
After looking at his pictures i feel it is difficult to doubt that at least there are living plants on Mars, the evidence is too obvious in my opinion

On his website he just posted a few more interesting pictures, i just checked this morning

cheers guys!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by djerwulfe
Also, I think this is an appropriate setting:
Sending out cosmic inquiry vibes to ATS user known as ArMap.
Next time send a U2U, it would be quicker.

* I have really looked for the source files for the first two b&w images and can't find them.
They're probably either NASA/JPL, MOC, but I can't locate them. Or fakes.
Unfortunately, without more than the images it would be an Herculean task to try to find the source of those images.

They look like MOC images, but with more than 212,000 photos it would be needed a great deal of luck or more information to find the original photos.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Image sources:

Image # 1 = MOC narrow-angle image E10-01841
Repeat image M11-00725
www.msss.com...

Image # 2 = MGS MOC Release No. MOC2-201
Dark Dunes Over-riding Bright Dunes
www.msss.com...

Image # 3 = MOC narrow-angle image R03-00074
Attempt repeat of image E03-00118 dunes
www.msss.com...

Image # 4 = Opportunity :: Panoramic Camera :: Sol 003
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

How do you do that, internos?

I think if we show you a photo of a speck of dust you could find the original image!

Great work!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Oh, i swear that i've posted them only in order to make you spare your time: i recalled to have seen them before, the first one on Rense.com, and the second one was dubbed "Mars Tubes" on informantnews, third and fourth have indications enough to retrieve the original. I've just been lucky. Otherwise, as you have said, it would have been almost impossible/time expensive to retrieve them.

The fourth image shows one of the marks left by the airbag, in my opinion...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks, even if I ever finish my image search engine I will have to feed it the data first to be able to search the images, and nothing can beat the human brain, at least for the time being.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thanks to internos and ArMap. I will be digging into this some more when I get this d@m%ed OHIO thing resolved.

I-- WILL NEVER EVER try to share this type of first-hand blow-by-blow event with this community again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- refferring to the Ohio sighting in progress. What evil....

***But on the Mars Images... thanks again....

top topics

join