It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok I'm a beliver now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Let me start out by saying I'm an athiest and a stern skeptic but I saw a ghost or something last night for the first time.

I woke up about 2 am to go to the bathroom. I had been awake for about 10 mintutes just laying there. I was tierd and didn't want to get up. So I finaly get up and I walked into the halway which was dark. There was a person standing at the end of the wallway and I freaked and my hair was standing on end. I started walking closer and it disapeared. The person appeared to have a ora around them like a colorful out line. I watched it for a 10 seconds before it disapeared rigth into thin air.

I live with my grandma and my grandfather past away in this house about 5 years ago. I couldn't get a good look at the entity but I saw the outline and it looked like it was him. My grand father had big fluffy hair and I saw it in the out line.

Proir to this incident we have had some wierd unexplainable stuff happen in the night here. My grandmother and I have been both woken up in the middle of the night to the doorbell ringing. Also I had some metal rails stacked in the corner of the basement. The rails layed there untouch for years and all of a sudden one night they came crashing down for no apparent reason.

I'm curoius to know if this is my grandfather or something more sinister pretending to be him. Either way I don't know but I do know thier is something other worldly in this house.

Any thoughts or questions?

[edit on 24-7-2008 by wantsome]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Spooky story. If you were as stern a skeptic as you say, didn't you just think the doorbell ringing was a prank? Or that maybe the untouched railings fell because it was simply time for the railings to fall after being stood up for so long? The figure could just be your eyes adjusting in the dark.

I personally would have written these events off as natural.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

hi and welcome to the club...my grand father used to haunt my house when i was a kid..he died aged 72 and was 31 yrs older than my gran.he was married before my gran.anyway he used to appear at night standing the doorway of my parents bedroom...at least we think it was him as i never met him only seen pictures...gran said he was just checking to see if we where safe...i could go on but don't want to de rail the original topic..anyway friedly ghosts leave a warm glowing light before totally disappearing...bad ones i have seen come with black shadows and leave with black shadows....

edit to add more ....

[edit on 24-7-2008 by fatdad]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
no offense or anything, but I love it when an Athiest discovers that their athiesm has been wrong.

Welcome to the club!!!!!! Prepare for the next few years of yours to be filled with reading, meidating, and discovering. I'm a Christian Mytsic myself...ex athiest.

Of course if you choose to brush this off as asome kind of psychosomatic half dream state illusion and continue in your athiesm then be my guest, there will be many things between now and death that will also test your belief structures. Bu if not of that gets you, then of course there's always the inevitable day of athiests death...at which believers and knowers that God exists pretty much get the last laugh.

Not be an A-hole or anything....just saying there's a few things you might want to accomplish in your life if you really want to go "up there" instead floating around wiht nothing to do "here.

Might I ask, was your grandfather an athiest???

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well my parents live in a very old house, about 180 years old.

When I was young and still lived with my parents all kinds of weird things were happening there all the time. Doors would open and close upstairs with all the windows closed, and you could clearly hear people walking through the hallway. One time I thought my parents were home because I heard them walking upstairs. I called out to them from downstairs and got no answer. So I went upstairs and the whole upper floor was cold as hell and nobody was there. What really freaked me out was that I could feel someone was there. I quickly went downstairs and the footsteps started again.

At the time I just thought I was losing it, but then we went on holiday and asked the family if they could take care of the dog like they had done the time before. They outright refused and obviously we asked them kindly what the reason was for declining.

They told us with very serious faces that they were scared to death of our house, because in the past they had clearly heard doors opening and closing and people walking through the hallway upstairs at night when nobody was supposedly in the house...

We said that there was nothing there to comfort them but they wouldn't have any of that. To this day they refuse to enter our house alone at night.

[edit on 25/7/08 by Fastwalker81]

top topics

join