It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freestyle Meditation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Interesting point. Ive also come to notice that my own state effects the state of the people around me.

Very cool, or to put it another way...

Originally spoken by Darth Vadar
The Force is strong in this one

Just err, don't give in to hate...

Best wishes

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I realized people want more knowledge, so they seek more, They gotta do it for themself to understand the way of meditation. Everyone has their own method of understanding things. You search and learn many ways and style, until you have better understanding, you soon realized there not much routine to do, then you come back to a basic routine and continue meditation with more knowledge and wisdom.

MEDITATION IS KEY!!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLight

Interesting point. Ive also come to notice that my own state effects the state of the people around me.

Very cool, or to put it another way...

Originally spoken by Darth Vadar
The Force is strong in this one

Just err, don't give in to hate...

Best wishes

When I meditate, usually at night when everyone is sleeping, Once I Sense the moment that deep state that begins, strange things happens, I believe that I have some kinda magnetic aura that just got BIGGER in diameter. MY rabbit which is upstairs above me, starts jumping around Like CRAZY in his cage. My house starts to crack here and there usually the moment of a deep state. If I'm meditating laying down, and if my leg happens to be touching my girlfriends leg who lives with me, I can send a "amount of awareness" down my body to my leg, and keep my awareness on the "contact" of our legs, I can make her leg twitch on command, everytime!! She busy sleeping by the way. WeeeeerD!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awarenessiskey

When I meditate, usually at night when everyone is sleeping, Once I Sense the moment that deep state that begins, strange things happens, I believe that I have some kinda magnetic aura that just got BIGGER in diameter. MY rabbit which is upstairs above me, starts jumping around Like CRAZY in his cage. My house starts to crack here and there usually the moment of a deep state. If I'm meditating laying down, and if my leg happens to be touching my girlfriends leg who lives with me, I can send a "amount of awareness" down my body to my leg, and keep my awareness on the "contact" of our legs, I can make her leg twitch on command, everytime!! She busy sleeping by the way. WeeeeerD!

Interesting, I've had similar happen as regards walls disintegrating, seeing etheric "rain", and so on, yes it is a fun time to be alive for people who want to explore.. and not fear, the unknown. What you said about your girlfriend sounds like you are transmitting Chi/Ki/Orgone energy into her. There is a video linked in my signature of a guy that uses a similar method, maybe that will be some syncronicity you are subconsciously looking for. Best Wishes.

P.S. Actually I'm weary of saying this, but you can put energy into her using other body parts with focused energy for interesting effects. She will enjoy. *cough* Ahem.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Awarenessiskey

Yes indeed, indeed. People very much underestimate the use and power of meditation. They think its some kind of boring sitting around trying to relax.

Everytime I do meditate deeply, the walls and furniture start crackling, the lightbulbs start flickering, and various altered states commence.

Lightbulbs and Furniture behave normally when I dont meditate. Thanks for reminding me and the readers of this phenomena.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

P.S. Actually I'm weary of saying this, but you can put energy into her using other body parts with focused energy for interesting effects. She will enjoy. *cough* Ahem.

*cough* *cough* revealing secrets again, are you

*cough*

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

*cough* *cough* revealing secrets again, are you

*cough*

hahha you guys are funny!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awarenessiskey
hahha you guys are funny!

That'll be the meditation then. Laughing Buddha, laughing ATS member. Actually laughter is the best medicine and a great meditation. The following clip is a short explanation by renowned expert on the subject Yogi Ramesh Pandey...

Meditative Hilarity for Health is a great idea.

Meanwhile, down at the carpark of the local lodge of doom...
A young initiate ignores the memo to the contrary & tries on his 2012 edition uniform prematurely. He is subsequently unable to contain his excitement at the imminent prospect of world domination. Click Here

Take Care and stay happy.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Round Table Meditation

This is an imagination/intuition based meditation I sometimes use when seeking guidance or answers.

I imagine sitting down at a round table (I dont see myself from outside, but see as myself) on which two other beings sit: A 10 year older version of myself and a symbolic representation of my "higher self" or "higher mentor" or "soul guide".

Before I begin talking with these beings I do make sure that I have a vivid and beautiful image of them...there-dimensional, touchable, and very real.

Sometimes I peak up the colour-levels, sound-levels, 3-D levels or beauty-levels of the image.

While some will say this is "only" a symbolic representation of my higher-self, I do not de-grade my imagination with labels such as "only imagined". Instead I take this as "real".

Then I start talking or asking questions to one of the two. If I do ask a question there are various ways to get an answer:

a) I just wait for an answer to come by means of an image, a spoken word, a feeling or a hunch
b) I make up the answer myself (in a state of deep mellow, the answers one comes up with are usually much better than in normal state).

Later, I thank them and leave the round table.

A variation I use in rare cases, is to take in the position of "higher self", become "higher self" and then look at the stuff I want solved or answered from that perspective.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Wow, really excellent. Let me add that a similar technique is great for self-forgiveness and reconciliation. 'Imagine' yourself as your current compassionate ideal, at the 'round table' with past versions of yourself. Explore issues and perspectives, listen to your past selves, explain your current viewpoint; forgive, encourage, and reassure.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

That sounds good, contacting your higher self in the way you described is far more creative than the way I do it. I imagine your lucid dreams are impressive.

Best Wishes.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Yes, lucid dreams are vivid after practicing intense meditation.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Water drinking meditation. (something quick that i sometimes do)

Get some awesome water, perhaps chemical free. You know.. something of a symbol of purity to you, and health.

With each gulp, hold it in your mouth, and feel it enter your body, picture it cleansing your body. You can even picture it entering a chakra per gulp.. cleaning it out.

another simple one is take a shower, and let the water dilute the impurities in your energy.. like its cleaning out your chakras like its full of some sort of mud. I find this to be very relaxing but what I found was it was effective enough that I felt weak after, so I had to kind of mentally put energy back in to replace the negative energy or impurities, whatever you want to call it. I'm actually at this point where I consider the negative energy to be whats keeping my chakras from being over-active.

But anyway, taking a shower, especially a long one, and throwing in some visualisations like this, is very relaxing, and even if I don't feel like meditating before showering.. afterwards, I always feel like I can.

Theres lots of simple stuff you can do. Hell.. you could focus all your negative or burdensome energy into your "bodily waste" if you get where I'm goin.' Sending energy back to the earth through the root chakra man.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
another simple one is take a shower, and let the water dilute the impurities in your energy.. like its cleaning out your chakras like its full of some sort of mud. I find this to be very relaxing but what I found was it was effective enough that I felt weak after, so I had to kind of mentally put energy back in to replace the negative energy or impurities, whatever you want to call it. I'm actually at this point where I consider the negative energy to be whats keeping my chakras from being over-active.

Have you tried having a cold shower or bath? It is a slightly uncomfortable experience but it is very good. Swimming in the sea or standing in a waterfall has the same effect. It enhances awareness and perception too... Still like I say, it isn't the most pleasant. Worth trying at least once. Or daily. Best Wishes.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueLight

yeah man its good.

I usually end the hot showers actually with a cold blast to my head. Something about it.

But yeah.. I see what you mean.. as the intense stimuli kind of forces your awareness to widen. Its no so easy to "day-dream" when your swimming in a cold lake.

I like to try sleep deprivation once in a while. I'll get into that later maybe.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Spinning Meditation

Hold your right arm out with thumb up. Focus on your thumb tip. Spin around 33 rotations in a clockwise direction. Afterwards sit down quietly, or meditate, or whatever takes your fancy. You may find yourself feeling dizzy, focusing on the thumb helps to prevent that. You may find yourself in fits of giggles, no hardship is it, remember childhood? You may find yourself in another dimension, that'd be impressive. Repeat this 3 times a day, it spins the chakras up.

Tibetan Buddhists spin clockwise in a similar way.

Islamic whirling dervishes spin counter-clockwise in a similar way.

Spinning meditation is nothing new, it is very easy, works very nicely, so give it a go. Just not in your tool-shed or around anything that may harm you. Incase you fall over. You shouldn't , but just incase.

Much Love.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
(a thank you to the last two posters for their cool additions)

Stargate Meditation

I invented this one for myself a few days ago as a means of elevating my mood. I base it on the TV-Series "Stargate" and use that Stargate as a means/tool to visualize my entry into various realms, dimenions, planets, parallel universes, etc. The stargate provides a framework with which I feel the entry to places of intense beauty and fascination. My imagination goes three-dimensional, colourful, high-pitch. At the end of my journey I lock/integrate the emotions gained into my body and take them into daily life to assist me with whatever comes up during real life activity.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Theres a simple one I used to do at work for 2 years, 15 minutes every day.. i would just eat my breakfast after an hour of work, sit in a cafeteria, drink my coffee and close my eyes. I like crowds with stuff like this. I would observe people walking and kind of look at them peripherally, and not observe the person but their motion, and in that motion translates a subliminal personality, i would just see the energy in motion and percieve qualities of that person without really looking at them directly. I was suprised of the diverse observations I had of people, making me think it wasn't too much to my imagination. My goal here wasn't to judge people, but rather to see beyond the physical, to see energy in motion rather then people.

But the main thing I did, and I credit this technique of mine for really helping me out. After 2 years of not really realising what I was doing.. i had learned my mental discipline had increased, as well, i was no longer angry in the morning at people. Just 15 minutes of the following every day:

I think of the people I love the most, i visualise them individually, and even think of some details I like, by now I'm usually smiling if i'm not in a pissed off mood. From there I think of other people I like, or know but not so much, and think about their good qualities and i eventually think of random people I don't know.. this is where the people watching really comes in.. i watch people walking by and i'm like yeah.. hes a good a guy, so is she, etc.. I'd always be in a happy mood and willing to work after that every day. I found that one day, i didn't need to do it anymore, for I was always happy, because that certain understand finally stuck with me.

After that, attempting larger meditations was simple, and very productive.

I might add that during this 15 minute technique i would try and focus on one object, just to see if i could control my active mind, so that helped my mental discipline as well.

Again, 15 minutes, every day, for 2 years, it really got me goin.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

yes through means like this you start to appreciate the beauty of the reality we percieve, and each day feels like an adventure.

For me, i go to bed expecting not to dream.. but for my awareness to take me to a different reality, a new adventure, and when I wake up, in the middle of a dream is best.. i feel like I just moved/ teleported to another reality matrix or something. I have no worries, all i think about is synchronicity and plan things I would like to see manifest in that current reality. "waking life" is just 1 of infinite to me. Its all a big fun dream if you choose to think of it that way.

We start kicking ourselves in the ass when life isn't going right and we start to remind ourselves we have the ability to change it at any will. So the question is.. do i choose to suffer, and explore the downside, or do I choose to explore the upside? Perhaps its somewhere in the middle but its a choice. IIts a matter of will.

Each new day is like a new life. You notice how the changes between frequencies does that? If we don't sleep for 3 days, the morning loses its feel.. we don't feel invigorated like when we awake.. just like being birthed into a new reality. Even a 15 minute snooze is enough to throw off your perception of time as well. But yeah.. waking up after a good sleep, and especially a night of vivid "dreams".. its like being born every day. Its great.

Stargate I like that.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
Theres a simple one I used to do at work for 2 years, 15 minutes every day.. i would just eat my breakfast after an hour of work, sit in a cafeteria, drink my coffee and close my eyes. I like crowds with stuff like this. I would observe people walking and kind of look at them peripherally, and not observe the person but their motion, and in that motion translates a subliminal personality, i would just see the energy in motion and percieve qualities of that person without really looking at them directly. I was suprised of the diverse observations I had of people, making me think it wasn't too much to my imagination. My goal here wasn't to judge people, but rather to see beyond the physical, to see energy in motion rather then people.

Brilliant. Thats all I can comment. Just brilliant.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join