It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.A ancestries revealed *Most of you are Germans!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hello All,

Just want to post this because I actually could not believe it but it seems it really is.

Most of you americans have German blood!

See here:

Click here to see it detailed:

ANCESTRIES BY COUNTY

How the #$%^ did they get over there in those numbers?

Now I understand why americans love cars so much and eat hot dogs that's typical German attitude. Bradwurst anyone
And what about warmongering? Germans did love that too...

Don't get offended it's a joke..We Dutchies love making fun of those Germans that stole all of our Grandfathers bicycles when they fled home!

BR
PPL

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is not really much of a 'surprise'.......pick up any phone book in the US and thumb through......many, many names are obviously of German origin.

Huge numbers of German immigrants were here before the revolutionary war ( that's when my Great(x5)grandfather came).....that's one reason it was so 'easy' to convince the colonists to overthrow the English crown.....

Plus King George sent Hessian soldiers ( hired German mercenaries) to control the colonies, but instead they left the service of the English king and joined the revolutionaries.....

It may be something of an 'urban myth', but I have been told that during one point during the creation of the young US there was a decision to be made whether the 'national' language would be German or English........English won by only one vote!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Hello frayed1,

Interesting urban myth.
I am happy for all of you that you don't speak German.

BR
PPL

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PPLwakeUP

Try an american history book sometime instead of reading all the junk you're fed in your country. Yeah, thats right, America isn't the only country filled with #.

And we're the bomb by the way, ever been to an American cookout, can't beat it.

When they had the official vote for the national language over here in the good ol' states. English only beat German by a single vote. Get that, a single vote, German was almost the international language of business.

Know why that is, because the people in the states are driven, (well, some of us, some are real lazy of course and we have to pay for their lazy ass, but thats a different topic). What was I saying, oh yeah, America is the Shizzz.

(When I say that America is awesome, I don;t refer to the Guvment, I refer to my life and my happiness and how our life and reality over here is the balls)

PS. I hated the fed for a while cause they rule the world and yada yada yada, but they also created a system that allowed a huge amount of people to live like kings, pretty baller if you ask me. If we could just address the legality of all the stuff our guvment does, we'd be doing pretty damn good

top topics

join