It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's incoherent rant when asked about his biggest weakness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

Watch this video, about 13 minutes in, when Katie Couric asks Obama about his biggest weakness. His foolish, rambling reply rivals Miss Teen South Carolina in sheer stupidity. You can tell that he's just trying to remember the talking points his handlers put into his head. From blabbing about knowing about healthcare from a 40,000 foot level to admitting he's not a biochemist (though he can tell you about the human genome), it was a total farce.

This man is an idiot, clearly.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
"This man is an idiot, clearly."

On that note you think McCain is better? Because those are only two candidates our government lets us pick from.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Although I'm rather unhappy about both candidates, I couldn't imagine voting for Obama. He seems like he's just doing what needs to be done and saying what needs to be said to get elected. This is the primary reason why I generally side with the Republicans.

Republicans have always told it like it is. They seem to have no problem saying, "here's a crap sandwich, enjoy." Democrats have always tried to make the crap sound better by saying, "try this nice chocolate sandwich." And when you bring up the point that the sandwich tastes like crap they respond with, "what are you talking about?"

Makes me fussy.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Wow. He gets asked the hard questions and he completely dodges them. I'll transcribe it, because this is just too funny.

Couric: You talk about a residual force remaining in Iraq, but you've been hesitant to... really give a number to people, you haven't been specific. Though some of your advisors have said it could be ten... tens of thousands of troops. Why can't you be more specific as to what you invision?

Obama: Well...uh...keep in mind, when I talk about timetables, people say that's too specific. Whether......expect a residual force, maybe not specific enough. I think this is an example of a tactical issue. How do you execute a mission. That...requires commanders on the ground to make that decision. My job as commander-in-chief would be to indicate to them, "Here's our goal. Here are the missions that we need to carry out." Now you tell me what it is that we need, in terms of boots on the ground, in terms of equipment, in terms of other capabilities that are going to be required. But...the...the...over-arching strategy is not something that I can deflect to the generals, that's something that I have to make a decision on...if I am President of the United States.

He has no clue! Or is just refusing to answer the question.

He completely dodged the question about how he is still against the troop surge in Iraq, and then admitted that the surge was a good thing. Oh boy. And Katie Couric holds him to it, good for her.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Johnmike]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Did you ever think the powers at be put such an idiotic controversial puppet on the other side so they LOSE!

top topics

join