It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Jesus is a liar"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Christ!

[edit on 082828p://333 by Grandma]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Christ!

Christ (which you are not)

I don't think we can have two Jesus' who are claiming to be Lord Jesus Christ. It would get a little confusing as to WHO was the real Christ, you know what I mean? It would also then make Jesus out to be a liar if in fact there were two. Sorry dude, but you are not the Lord Christ Jesus!

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

The Bible was written years and years after the death of Jesus (New Testament).
Thats why a lot of people have a hard time believing it because any story could get blown out of proportion years and years later, look at the fisherman's tale.

But what about the Dead Sea Scrolls?
The jews found these scrolls and low and behold, they were written at the same time Jesus was alive!
So what do they do with it? they read it, get blown away, give half of them to the pope and say, "hey, this is some crazy stuff! This was written while Jesus was alive! the best historic account ever written! So read it and dont tell anyone."

The dead sea scrolls probably contain the most accurate depiction of Jesus EVER written, which is why the church keeps it from us... I'm sure there are a lot of contradicting things in them.

I'm not a Christian, but I think Jesus was a cool guy. I would kick it with him. But if he came down today, I bet he would say, "What the hell did you guys do?"
What the church is today is not what Jesus would have wanted. IMO

Thanks,

-Odessy

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
...that was alot of heavy reading through these posts. Cool historic debates and info I didn't know. The council at Nicea didn't put the bible together for Constintine? So much for the credibility of the History Channel.
...for me, this is a fun topic because its like reading a thread in January about who is going to win the Superbowl between Arizona and Pittsburg. hint..it ain't Warner's team.

I know there is a force out there that can turn hate into love faster than thought. I am comfortable with calling he/she God. That Jesus guy seemed to be clued in too. I don't care if they said he died for our sins or died of old age. I have hitched my cart to him, because no one else has described that "force" out there better than he has, so why would I go against anything he has taught or said? The dying for our sins doesn't cut it for me....but....the "only way to heaven is through me" thing is reasonable. I don't want to spit on your face and then find out that I was spitting on Jesus' face. I don't want to inprison you on a legal tech, knowing that you didn't do it, and then find out that I inprisoned Jesus. I mean if God is Love, and love is in everyone, and Jesus is God but in man form and is in everyone.....then I would hope that I would treat each and every one of you like you were Jesus himself....because who is to say you aren't? But what if I am wrong? How are you harmed if I treat you like a Christ? How is anyone harmed if everyone treats each other as a Christ?

I don't know about Jesus as far as a fact goes. I do about God. I use to have faith in God and it would wax and wane through the years as far as real sincerity....meaning you would never hear me think or say that God didn't exist but my "faith" would be strong or weak depending on my age or neglect. When God comes a calling, he certainly isn't subtle. I of course only have fond memories of our brief time together and I think it is safe to say that you all wouldn't be any different if you weren't a die hard Christian to begin with.

So like I said, this stuff is fun because I enjoy hearing where people are coming from about Jesus. I can't even tell you if it was Jesus or God or whom ever that decided to "show off" but whoever it was...has the power and is running the show.

No preaching....I obviously don't mean to be doing that. I can't stand it myself. What I know about communicating with God. I don't know how you do it old school or through work and prayer. Some of those fundamentalist might be right about one thing but they take it and twist it so badly.....When God communicates, you don't have an angry thought or any hate in you. (sure, try that) I know I can't on my own.....I'm preaching aren't I? sorry.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Odessy:

Hello to you

You are right. The "church" today is nothing like the "church" that Christ had intended it to be, but that doesn't mean there are not those of us who are his followers and try to walk in his path.

He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angles, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

He is still appearing in bodies, alto it be bodies of Christians, he is still vindicated by the Spirit, I am sure he is still seen by angels, and he is still preached among the nations over 2,000 years later. He will come back again in great glory.

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

As you know mother, I dont believe it will be much to late. And I am surprised you say that, for you were shown, we relearn everything. Why, if it is too late when we die, that you feel your mother has been reborn?

Get back to me on that one....

Love ya
Me

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by Christ!

Christ (which you are not)

I don't think we can have two Jesus' who are claiming to be Lord Jesus Christ. It would get a little confusing as to WHO was the real Christ, you know what I mean? It would also then make Jesus out to be a liar if in fact there were two. Sorry dude, but you are not the Lord Christ Jesus!

Peace to you,
Grandma

I didn't say I was the Lord Jesus Christ.
I am the Lord ____ Christ.
It does not matter what my birth name is because no man is my father.
I am the same as "the mind that was in Christ Jesus".
Christ is not a status symbol.
Christ is each one's truth.
Christ is each one's reality.

Everyone has a "truth" and a "reality" as he dreams.
Only Jesus' truth and reality matter in terms of waking from dreams.
That is because the truth of Jesus, and the reality of Jesus were no opinions.
Rather, the truth of Jesus was Truth.
Rather, the reality of Jesus was Reality.

Christ is the Truth, the Reality, and the Life...beyond the opinions of dreamers who dream otherwise.

Christ is universal, and cannot be claimed by an individual.
Therefore,
Christ can be shared.
Christ must be shared, if any of the *separated ones* are to be saved.
All the separated one's will be saved through Christ.

May the mind that was in Christ Jesus be in you Christ Grandma.

Christ!

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Christ!]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Hi sweetheart

Well, I will give you best answer I have. Before Grandma died, Bonnie had asked me as we were leaving to come up, if I wanted her to bring in her minister to talk to grandma. When they were talking, she said she was afraid, he told her she didn't need to be, and he told her about the sinners prayer and she prayer it out loud and asked Jesus into her heart. Bonnie told me as soon as we arrived what her minister had told her that grandma accepted Jesus and was saved. That is why grandma is reborn again.

But I still say.......ONLY God knows the heart and the soul, and even if one is not conscious, that God's spirit is still reaching out to his child with all his love. It is not the Father's wish to lose any of his children and to see them all home.

I know you and I don't see eye to eye on this, but this is what I believe!

Love Ya,
Mom

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

But what about the people, like Grandma, who did have a good heart, that dies suddenly, without that last chance with a minister to repent. Plus, if this was all she needed, was to accept her sins and seek Thee, then I figure she would of been saved, just like that, not needing another life. Think about all the people you saw that couldnt go through the gate.....Grandpa couldnt go through the gate. But yet, he was there, outside of the gate sharing a hut with Grandma (our other grandma) who could go through.

Just things to think about....I think anyways.

Love me

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
OT,
You forgot option #3 ...He was telling the truth.

Jesus said "I and the Father are One"

To me that is Union with God. A merging.

Jesus later goes on to say: "so that they may be one as we are one"

There it is in black and white. He wishes that "they" meaning all of us, followers, disciples ...even those who have no idea yet ...that they may be One with God the way Jesus said he was One with God.

That Oneness is an experience directly of a Union with God. It is available to all who seek this.

The ego is in the way, the thinking mind and its limited thoughts is in the way.

ANd then people take everything I just said and misinterpret it by saying something like "Yeah you would have to have no mind to be as stupid as to follow all this"

This is not what is meant. If I tell you about a rock I found, what you think about that rock is just thoughts about it and not the actual rock.

That is the ego, the mind thinking things are a certain way instead of allowing things to be what they are. Most are worshiping God as some thought/conceptualization. That is not God.

So when you drop the mind and just be, just sit still, in awareness, waiting, no longer identifying with thought as the reality ...then it will come to you ....The presence is already there ...in you, in everything, everywhere. God is nonduality and to even say that is limited to the conlcusion that you come to from reading this using the bastard mind. The mind is ego ...it has hijacked your true identity.

Jesus came to free all from ego, false thoughts, self mastery, Love, and direct experiences of God. Anything other than that is dogma, fundamentalism, limited words, and unenlightened perspectives.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

1) JC knew he wasn't telling the truth, therefore he would be A LIAR

2) JC didn't know he wasn't telling the truth, therefore he would be A LUNATIC.

That's the only three logical outcomes...LIAR, LUNATIC of LORD. There is no room for him being a good guy and all, no room for him being a prophet as every other religion on the face of the earth calls him.

3) He never actually existed
This is a more modern mythology

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Hey dominicus

Hope all is well with you

I have been doing so much reading and learning lately...and I thought for so long the ego was something to rid ourselves of....but recently, I discovered, the ego is something we come here with and it is necessary.

We are to transform the earthly natures....not rid of them. The earthly natures carry our 'weights' and 'measuring' tools for ourselves. We can learn from our ego...if we can be humbly honest with ourselves. Instead of ridding the ego...we transform it. The highest ego development is when we are able to see the good and bad both served its purpose in life...all things are cherished, even the worst of times. This is not ridding the ego...its transforming it into its highest form (so its going from earthly nature to spiritual nature).

Thought you may enjoy that...even if you dont agree...there arent many on here I could share something like that with without it flying over head.

What do you think about that?

When we look into the OT...so often I shrugged off the ruling wrathful God image. I always knew this image wasnt God....so I deamed it worthless to me. But.....I have learned the reasons why the ones who wrote the Torah wrote such stories...they had bits and pieces of the mystery teachings for ones that were able to see and hear...but since their natures were very primal...they wrote misunderstandings. The mosaic law is to show that we will reap what we sow through reincarnation. Its not God that decides...its not like God says...ok, you didnt opbey...so you go to hell. This is hell, and the karmic law is not maluable....the law of karma just is...we will have to reap what we sow. The eye for an eye in the OT has its place...but not with the nature of what God is....but yet the nature of how the law of cycles works. If one is not trying to transform their earthly natures...they will still remina in the cirlce of 'eye for and eye' through reincarnation.

I thought for a while that the OT God was a demiurge...a ruling God....well it is a ruler...but not a being or entity....it is a law of nature in the cycle of reincarnation. The ones that were of primal natures saw this mystery therin to be the nature of God...if they wouldnt of been so primal...they would of seen this was not Gods nature...but a nature of law....of the cycles of life for our transformations. It truly is like a wine press...sifting and sifting and sifting...until, you have a nice fine wine.

I would love to hear back from you on this...we both have discussed gnostic thoughts before. These are somewhat gnostic...but not so mainstream gnostic.

My best
LV

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Jesus is not a lyer! He was the only one in heaven and on earth who has been found without fault, that is why he died on the cross for our sins. He was the perfect sacrifice for us. I notice there is a lot of confusing things out there about Jesus, if he is who he said he was. This to me is a sign of the times. He had said, in the end times many will be deceived and turn away from him, even the very elect (his chosen people). Jesus brings a spirit of peace, that is how we can tell what is right or wrong about him. If something you hear or read does not seem right or troubles you about him then it is not of him. Negative threads are not words or pictures that come from the Lord.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

Funny you mention confusion in today's world....from my studies...I find that the confusion has existed always. Some of the earliest text of writings about Jesus go against the mainstream beliefs...

Just as though you find it a sign of end times...I find things as signs as the new beginnings are arising.

I dont believe God intended for anyone to pay a price for our own wrongs. Only we can do this. Jesus said he did not come as a sacrifice...he also spoke of the wrongs of the sacrifices. He said many would not understand. He called the ones who wrote scriptures liars and told them they not only would not enter but hold people back from entering. He showed what we have to do....he showed the type of life one must live to transform themselves out of the earthly form. Only the person themselves know if they are living as they are to live...or if they are placing their wrongs onto another being for salvation.

We have to stop passing the buck...there is no scapegoat. We have to pick up the cross ourselves and be willing to do right.

In humble opinion
LV

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by Odessy
But what about the Dead Sea Scrolls?
The jews found these scrolls and low and behold, they were written at the same time Jesus was alive!
So what do they do with it? they read it, get blown away, give half of them to the pope and say, "hey, this is some crazy stuff! This was written while Jesus was alive! the best historic account ever written! So read it and dont tell anyone."

Jesus is NOT even MENTIONED in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Which is why you failed to quote any such reference.

K.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well, it appears the JESUS IS A LIAR thread has been RESURECTED!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
opps!

DP...

sorry

OT

[edit on 20-8-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Im sorry am i missing something? How did he lie? He said he is in the farther and the father in him as well as many other things he said witch as you know in a round about way he said he is God. So? How did he lie?

Please U2U me i would like to know what it is you are saying maybe i could be of some help. And no i will not try to preach to you i really don't care what happens to you live,die,go to hell,come back as a bug, or what ever you believe. I just really would like to know what you are asking/sasying.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Jesus said "the Kingdom of God is within you". If the kingdom of God is within you then the presence of God is there indwelling within you as well. Jesus said then that God the Father is within you. He also said that; "you will do greater works that I".

I am guessing here but it seems that Jesus was very inclusive with the whole Child of God thing. Jesus is the truth and the light of God. To call him a liar is to deny that God is within you. I tell you that he is present, and every moral question you have ask yourself since you were a child was answered by that quite presence of truth that is the presence of God that lives in you.

You are a part of the divine. You simply need to seek it and you will find.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
Im sorry am i missing something? How did he lie? He said he is in the farther and the father in him as well as many other things he said witch as you know in a round about way he said he is God. So? How did he lie?

Please U2U me i would like to know what it is you are saying maybe i could be of some help. And no i will not try to preach to you i really don't care what happens to you live,die,go to hell,come back as a bug, or what ever you believe. I just really would like to know what you are asking/sasying.

GunzCoty,

Hi, who are you addressing your post to?

If me, thank you for your concern....

Answers to your questions are in my multiple posts in this thread...and 69 others here www.abovetopsecret.com...

OT out....

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join