It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Help if Your Underage and a Female!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ggurl777
reply to post by LLoyd45

I know one move like a tigers CLAW that I used before and hurt this boy with he was in PAin for a couple of days I thought he was going to die I was so sad that I did it but I was tyring to get away from him.
Another thing is I very resourcefull just need a little bit of extra survival advice. I guess I'll be more of a medicine type of helper person becuase I do believe i'm better at that than cooking LOL and I know how to find water and purify it...

Try registering for a Red Cross first Aid and CPR course. This will teach you the basics of emergency care. Also learn some basic survival skills like starting a fire, procuring and purifying water, constructing a shelter, setting snare and traps, and land navigation. These skills alone would secure you a valued place in most groups. You can find much of this information here on ATS in the survival forum.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
dont mean to sound like a "newb" or whatever but what's sitx?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
If you are that concerned with safety during sitx,
go to the range and practice with some handguns.

Any knowledge, comfort, or understanding that you may gain with guns will benefit you greatly under these circumstances.

Also, take Krav Maga. It is purely self defense, and will teach you how to survive if stuff hits the fan.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
first off, it depends what SitX is.
If we're talking about some sort of plague that kills of a chunk of the population leaving chaos and lack of government, then you'll have to worry about everyone else trying to survive through anyway possible. You'd also have to worry about not getting sick, so that means a pure source of food and liquids.

If we're invaded by some sort of creatures, for example, aliens, your best bet would be to get yourself some guns and hide. Try to get to a military base if you can, personally, i live like 5 miles from Camp Pendleton and a couple of my buddies are marines or live with marines. Safe bet that when it comes down to man-to-man combat, i'll be ready. Also, try to learn how to shoot a gun. If you get your hands on one you'll probably have limited ammo so make every shot count.

now, if it were zombies, it gets fun. Just hope they're the super slow stupid kind, a nice blunt object will do

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Reality..

Situation X.
It's pretty much up for your own interpretation, sort of an apocalypse or some sort of super important even that would throw a wrench into the gears we call average life.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Reality..

Have a look at the top of the Survival forum for the stickied thread ''Types of Situation X'' - There are a list there of possibles.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
best way to survive is to be invisible. cant see you - cant hit you.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Wow while the men are out freedom fighting trying to save other people i'll be stuck at camp cooking and cleaning and rapping bandages
:?

I'm a large guy so don't take it the wrong way when when I tell you I'd rather be doing exactly that too.
I certainly WON'T be going 'survivor' hunting till I'm sure any threat of attack is gone.

Survalism isn't about going LOOKING for trouble.

My advice is to get rid of that 'sexist' attitude first as everybody will be doing whatever is necessary.

Assess your location,strengths,weaknesses,most likely scenario and read,read and read again some of the threads dealing with that particular scenario.

Take some shooting training if that interests you..but take first aid as well as that is probably more useful.
For every 'boy' skill,learn a 'girl' one if you prefer to think of it that way.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ggurl777

You misunderstood my meaning, but that's okay.

Having the knowledge doesn't mean you are constantly stuck doing doing those duties.

It can simply mean that while armed with knowledge, you can teach others who can do the work.

It's about being a leader, should the need for one arise.

And it's also about doing what you are best at. If you want to be out in the "field" saving lives, then so be it. But that also requires knowledge.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
here's some pistols to look into

www.leesgunshop.com... Colt 1911b

www.wa-gunnet.co.jp... Beretta m92fs (it will hold more and most likely be easier on the recoil. The 1911 is pretty big compared to the Beretta and only holds 7 if you don't modify it.)

Glock [cheap!] (any number) www.randymays.com... (The glock is fast, agile, accurate, and usually plastic. They fire underwater and through sand. The police have relied on this gun for years.) The gun is extremely modifiable to the point of being downright ridiculous.

www.stealthstudios.co.uk...
coffeeandcapitalism.com...
www.famous-guns.com...

basically the Glock is your best bet price wise and there isn't really a limit to how much it can be modified (you can even make it fully automatic) . It comes in .38 .45 and .50 cal so what ever floats your boat. In my opinion though I would stick with the .38 or the .45 since I'm not sure if you could handle the recoil of a .50 cal hand cannon (the gun is made of plastic so that hardly dampens the recoil) unless you work out your arms a lot and know how to fire it. (this is not sexist because i'm a guy and I doubt I could effectively use a .50 cal pistol with my current physique.)

As a summary you want something that does a decent amount of damage, holds a decent amount of ammunition, and doesn't have too much recoil. Recoil = bad accuracy from shot to shot, but if the gun isn't powerful enough accuracy won't help you.

So, you want a decent balance between firepower and accuracy. In this case you either go with the M9 or the Glock because quite frankly the size and the 7 round capacity of the 1911 impairs the gun as a survival weapon.
The good thing is both the m9 (or m92fs if you want to get fancy) or the glock both have a clip capacity of at least 13 (the m9 has 15) right out of the box.

so now Glock or m9? It's all on your personal preference. If you want the gun to have some weight to it, need lots of ammo, and be able to take a beating you definitely want the m9. However if you want something that fires underwater and in sand you want the Glock. The downside is the plastic models can crack and break leaving you with a useless weapon.

EDIT: sorry I forgot to mention the USP world.guns.ru... it's replaced the M9 in it's use by alot of countries special forces including the SAS. It's lighter than the M9 but heavier than the glock. Problem is you're stuck with the 13 round capacity and it's more expensive.

Another weapon to strongly consider is by far my favorite pistol: The Sig Sauer p22(6 8 or 9)

This gun as you can see takes features from all the best weapons and frankly it's better than the USP in any condition. The gun comes in both 12 and 15 round capacity and it is Durable, small, lightweight, powerful, and accurate. This is the best handgun on the market. It comes in .357 and .40 caliber.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Aron1138]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hey gGurl another thing to think about and remember is guns run out of bullets eventually so unless you have an endless supply of bullets you should also look into close hand to hand combat or at least basic self defense. A knife is a good weapon but remember if you are out numbered or fighting someone stronger you can get it taken away and used against you. A gun is better for distance but again it can be taken or if outnumbered and not a good shot will run out of rounds quickly.

Trying to seek advice for survival is a good start.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Exactly and there's almost an infinite amount of knives to choose from. My recommendation though is stay away from Retractable knives and shank weapons. If you are going to get a blade get a real one.

I'm talking Marine Kabar www.lfchosting.com...

also there are plenty of custom mercenary combat knives of similar fashion.

Also you need to know how to use the weapon effectively and a former marine would be a great teacher

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Personally i think its disturbing that people on this website are encouraging a 16 year old girl to go out and buy a gun. No wonder theres so many school shootings in America.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm enjoying myself I'm just evil that way

[removed because I felt like an ass]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reality..
dont mean to sound like a "newb" or whatever but what's sitx?

LOl it's okay it took me a while to figure out what SITX

the "SIT" stands for short for the word situation and the "X" stands for any type of possiblity on outcome like in algebra..OR say situation X could be a tornadoe, Martial law, zombie attack, terrosit attack ETC.
SITUATION X = SITX

Which means any type of major disater which ios a lost of normal way doing life...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
Personally i think its disturbing that people on this website are encouraging a 16 year old girl to go out and buy a gun. No wonder theres so many school shootings in America.

Schools shooting don't happen because children have guns...
I know For a fact that TONS of kids at my school have gunsand bring them to school but they never use them. It's more likely that a kid whos always getting picked on in school will get one and hurt people. Even more likely if their taking medicine. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aron1138
I'm enjoying myself I'm just evil that way

and for your information it's usually white geeks (like myself) that want to commit suicide that do the shootings, or really mentally messed up adults, or just rednecks. If we want to get all stereo typical and racist if a black person is packing a gun they usually keep it to the streets like they are supposed too. The people that we worry about are the pathetic nerds that aren't thinking straight. Also they all inevitably kill themselves at the end as soon as they are done shooting all the jocks. Yeah the US is pretty messed up but oh well.

Whether shes a black girl or a white man, its still a bit worrying that people are encouraging her to buy a gun, thats the point i'm making. 16 year olds should be out having a laugh with mates, not buying guns, worying when sitx will happen.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I know For a fact that TONS of kids at my school have guns and bring them to school

Whether they use them or not, its ridiculous that kids have guns at school.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Getting a little more back on topic, if you think you already know how to use a knife you most likely don't. (like pretty much anyone without special training) There's far more to using a combat knife than stabbing someone in the kidney. You need to be able to attack and counter attack someone in at least 10 different ways. Take down your enemy how ever possible. This of course includes friendly back stabbing and throat slitting.
enjoy as we corrupt you to the dark side.

Frankly I don't really see Situation X happening any time soon. But if you want to have a survival kit ready a friendly SIG and Kabar are nice things to have on your list.

Also if you want to test your marksmanship you could buy a Airsoft pistol. UHC makes a great 1911 for 16 bucks, and I'm positive there's a SIG airsoft out there.

this won't prepare you for the recoil of a real weapon, but you can effectively learn how to quickly reload, properly hold, and aim a pistol with sufficient accuracy without even buying a real weapon.

the SIG = www.airsoftgunroom.com...
the 1911 : www.airsplat.com...

both have a relatively accurate weight of a loaded sig/1911

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join