It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Help if Your Underage and a Female!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Survival Help if Your Underage and a Female!!!!

Okay heres the deal I'm 16 and alos African American which has got me real scared if SITX happens if SITX happens then i'm screwed cause I ain't got no weapons expect one and it ain't a gun.
Also if SITX happens i'm also afraid I might run across racist with guns and they might kill me
serious I'm dead serious...SO i need some advice I got a job and got a flow of income and fully prepared expect by one weapon and that's a kitchen knife and a fire poke stick....what should I do...?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I am not sure the law in your state, but my suggestion is to find a local indoor shooting range and get chummy with the guys that work there and learn the basics of firearm control and reaction to various caliber handguns.

In SITX getting a gun will be the easy part. Effectively shooting it with lethality on the draw must be learned.

Simply owning a "killer" gun will not protect you if you do not have the skills to use it.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think you will be fine.

And I wouldn't really worry about racists anymore, most white people your age want to act black too. I think the white people are in more danger from a racial slaying these days.

Don't worry about it and go back to school. Besides its natural instinct to survive for a woman, make a rich powerful guy want you, and you'll be taken care of.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
I think you will be fine.

And I wouldn't really worry about racists anymore, most white people your age want to act black too. I think the white people are in more danger from a racial slaying these days.

Don't worry about it and go back to school. Besides its natural instinct to survive for a woman, make a rich powerful guy want you, and you'll be taken care of.

WHAT THE HECK KIND OF ANWSER IS THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not trying to be rude but, i'm no gold diggeing whore I have a will to survive whether that be in SITX and others like in real life I plan to get a job and support myself!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ggurl777

A 16 yr old girl alone in a SitX scenario, "whites racists with guns" will be the least of your concerns.

Your biggest fear should be becoming breeding stock for a few less than stellar examples of humanity.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

That sucks what do you mean by BREEDING STOCK!!!???
Like off the movie 28 days later...?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
One thing will help keep you safe: confidence. Your fear is your biggest enemy.

You have advantages you do not see. You are no doubt small and limber (most kids are) and that would allow you to hide. You are female, and while I do not recommend letting 'some rich guy take care of you', face it, that fact could be a diversion tactic, allowing you time to kick an attacker between the legs and run. They say rednecks like shiny things
, but every male alive will pause for a quick glimpse of female thigh. Using that to get away doesn't make you a whore, it makes you alive.

Do not rely on guns; do not rely on knives. Rely on yourself and you'll be just fine. Survival is the goal; knowledge is the solution; fear is the enemy.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
EDIT: Never mind. I am editing out a very silly question I asked that I later figured out the answer to. *blush*

[edit on 7/24/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD
Just a non-answer to a non-question.

TheRedneck

[edit on 23-7-2008 by TheRedneck]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
In sitx your problem as far as I can already see is going to be your mouth getting you into trouble. Please don't take this the wrong way, on here, your ideas and opinions are valid as any other.

In a situation your flight or fight responsibilities are going to need to be assessed. Your going to have to remain quiet when need be, and fight when absolutely necessary in order to survive. Those times may come.

For the young a clear advantage can be seen today, young people want to be with other like minded young people. This is safety in numbers. This is a base instinct that has kept our species alive for a long time now. Other young people will be your greatest ally when sitx arrives. Numbers beat all sorts of odds when it comes to survival.

I would suggest getting into a self defense class. This will teach you the basics of hand to hand combat. When in a fight in sitx fair goes right out the window. to quote a movie line from Pirates of the Caribbean...

William: You broke the rules of engagement, in a fair fight I would have beaten you!

Cap. Jack: Well that's not a good incentive for me to fight fair.

I would suggest that you get in touch with a local martial arts program in your area, and yes also get involved with the local gun range. You should be able to rent out a gun for practice without owning one. Remember though. Without knowledge of the weapons at hand you may find those weapons turned against you real quick.

Improvised weapons for young ladies that are effective include, keys, sand/dirt your own nails, any sort of aerosol hair care product or perfume... etc, the list goes on. Survival should be your top priority and you won't be able to do this alone. No man is an island. That goes for underage ladies as well. Your best weapon in sitx will be your friends and companions in the situation. People will gravitate together in order to collectively survive.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The kind gentleman, The Redneck, edited out his answer for the sake of my IQ's reputation so I am editing out this post as well.

Much thanks to TR.

[edit on 7/24/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Please let me know becuase I didn't see the question i missed it what did you ask you can even message me about it...?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Gain as much knowledge as you can about wild plant foraging, sewing, herbal medicine, cooking, sewing, soapmaking, growing food, how to find potable water, etc. Other women might need help in childbirth also so it wouldn't hurt to read up on that.

This isn't just woman's work, a man could/should learn it also.

But the more knowledge you have, the more valuable you'll be.

Imagine someone like Donald Trump... do you think he could ever survive in the woods alone? All he knows is money and not much on the practical side of life.

While you don't have to be a whore, you can use your womanly ways to manipulate situations to your benefit, or to save someone else's life.

When a crisis occurs, people often look around them, hoping a leader will pop out and say let's do this or that. Would you like to be the one in your group that knows what to do? Or do you want to be a part of the crowd who's looking for a leader?

Trust your instincts, don't get logical about certain situations. Ever hear of athletes being "in the zone," doing whatever it is they do and are not even conscious of the action until it's done? That's instinct. They didn't rationalize it, they just did it.

Suck it up when times are tough and don't have pity parties. Get up and do. Others that are fearful and stuck like a deer on the highway staring at headlights will need a boost to get moving and will trust you if you seem like you know what you're doing.

I'm a woman too and these are all the things I've been thinking about lately. And the past few years I've been teaching myself stuff. Right now I'm learning about medicinal herbs.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

Wow while the men are out freedom fighting trying to save other people i'll be stuck at camp cooking and cleaning and rapping bandages
:?

Sorry I am learning that stuff but it's not in my nature just to be in a safe spot sure i'll do that stuff but still I just don't want that to be my only role just because I'm a female...
I won't be a fool either...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ggurl777Also if SITX happens i'm also afraid I might run across racist with guns and they might kill me
serious I'm dead serious...

First of all I don't think you are serious at all. Secondly, if situation x happens by all means stay among your own people as I am sure they can provide a safer and more stable environment. And if they don't, well, at least if you end up dead you will know it wasn't about racism! : )

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm a large man, and even I would have a difficult time surviving alone completely unarmed. The reality is, we humans are not really that different from our animal cousins. Civility is simply a mask we wear in polite society. there will be good people out there, but they'll be the exception, not the rule.

Take away law enforcement and the government, and we will all revert back to our primal natures. Think of your basic animals drives.. food, water, shelter, and sex. When all the stops are pulled out, that's what most people will be about.

How individuals obtain these things will be irrelevant. If necessary, they will lie, cheat, steal, and kill for them. Watch a pack of dogs and see how much compassion they show one another when it come to these needs.

Do you not have any family? A Dad, a brother, an uncle, a close make friend, etc.? Independence is great, but it'll probably be a luxury you won't be able to afford. That's the reality.

If you have family stick close to them, if you don't, learn to fight dirty and run fast. Remember, when it comes to survival, there are no rules. Ambushes and traps will be your best weapons.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by Ggurl777Also if SITX happens i'm also afraid I might run across racist with guns and they might kill me
serious I'm dead serious...

First of all I don't think you are serious at all. Secondly, if situation x happens by all means stay among your own people as I am sure they can provide a safer and more stable environment. And if they don't, well, at least if you end up dead you will know it wasn't about racism! : )

Regardless of whether you thought i was serious I WAS SERIOUS about that...If sitX happened and I ended up in the country or the boonies with BAd people especially males I'd be in trouble so PLEASe forgive me if I try and LAUGH horrible THINGS OFF!!!!!!! To try and comfort myself!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

The only people I know who have gun are my father and Uncle...They are very dependable and my brother no JOKE either when it comes to fighting I'll just stick iwth them becuase I know they can pull their own weight but for the rest of my family I don't know....?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ggurl777
The only people I know who have gun are my father and Uncle...They are very dependable and my brother no JOKE either when it comes to fighting I'll just stick iwth them becuase I know they can pull their own weight but for the rest of my family I don't know....?

Family will always be your best bet. Their assistance will come with no strings attached, and out of love. Why not ask your Dad or your Uncle to teach you to shoot, and have your brother give you a few fighting lessons.

Don't waste your time or boxing lesson, you want street fighting lessons. Nobody will be following any rules when it comes to survival. I'm talking eye-gouging, elbow strikes, nose, ear, and hand biting, kicking, ball-busting, etc. Remember, no one will care or remember who came in second place.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I know one move like a tigers CLAW that I used before and hurt this boy with he was in PAin for a couple of days I thought he was going to die I was so sad that I did it but I was tyring to get away from him.
Another thing is I very resourcefull just need a little bit of extra survival advice. I guess I'll be more of a medicine type of helper person becuase I do believe i'm better at that than cooking LOL and I know how to find water and purify it...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join