It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do men and women in the armed forces shower together?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Now, I've heard it both ways.
That there is so little time and space, that yes, they do and that no, they don't for 'obvious reasons'.

Which is it?
I know there are military people here as well as vets.
Maybe someone could tell me.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
During my experience in the army that there was no way that opposite genders were going to be allowed to shower together. However that was about 20 years ago and to the best of my knowledge that hasn't changed.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Only in fiction or science fiction movies like Starship Troopers. Unless it's a married couple, and they're in on Base Housing. I'm sure you get the drift.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
From what I have been told, from a man in the Navy is that the men and women do not shower together. They have seperate place to use the bathroom, bathe and sleep. Also that if men and/or women want to have a sexual relationship or be affectionate towards each other, then they have to hide and not be seen.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Spoke to my Cousin in the UK army,

His words where *I WISH* lol,

he says the only events that even take a scratch of truth would be that they have used the same shower block if theres been a problem with the other,

In that case all the men are removed and the women our supervised untill they finshed, But as of showering together... Nope,

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Thank you, everyone for your replies!
I guess they don't shower together.
I was wondering "What could those in charge be thinking!"
What a relief.
That would be bad protocol!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
When I was in Navy boot camp in 1992 I was forced to crap in front of the ladies that were in the restroom cleaning the facilities in a timely manner as ordered. the interesting thing is that the toilet stalls did not have doors on them so they all could see you fine. In such circumstances it is allowed for the men and women to must use only the facility. The women were very polite as I went on. You see, in boot camp you must follow orders. That means if the ladies are ordered to clean the restroom, man or woman you are SOL. Men and women worked together at that time. Men and women can be very accomadating to each other when necessary. I did not care at all to have the women see me carry out my personal buissness. I actually enjoyed that opportunity of experience. I think that the military ought to include this in their training. Men and women seeing each other go would be a very important asset in military training for better integration.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
See now Clearskies has come up with a way to bolster the armed forces dwindling recruitment numbers...

Join the armed forces, Co Ed showers!

Im tellin ya, 18 year old guys would be packing the recruiters office every day tripping over each other to sign up

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

after reading the topic title
first thing that goes through mind
where do i sign up (jks)

top topics

join