It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disillusionment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So is the thread title actually a word?????

I don't expect this thread to even appear as I have tried twice to post about a thread that was closed for no apparent reason.

Is this site still about user content or are we know all about administrative approval?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Is this video somehow too controversial for ATS???

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yup its a word

The noun has one meaning:

Meaning #1: freeing from false belief or illusions
Synonyms: disenchantment, disillusion
Answers.com

Well I have been able to answer one of your questions.

We will now wait for the other answers.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
it was not about the video in and of itself.. i was assured that it was being looked into and that the appropriate measures would be taken accordingly.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I have heard word from another member that the original link was somehow related to a form of "link" which was trying to bilk people out of their money.

If in fact ATS killed the threads because of trying to protect it's members from a potential scam please do accept my apologies.

I would really like to know what is going on with this, though.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Shades of THE MATRIX! I don't see anything too controversial for ATS InterestedAlways..... I think it's a good production. Perhaps a tweak too dramatic and somewhat berift of data and information for my particular tastes, but I'm glad I watched it, and I thank you for bringing it.

It touches on something that irks me from time to time..... the notion of being "awake" or "asleep". I fancy myself a fairly progressive individual, not at all in line with my temporal years. I like to SEE. See what's there, imagine, ponder, allow for possibilities within the framework of the universe as I know it. I feel that often -- at least on this site -- people substitute the epitath of "WAKE UP" in place of what is more certain -- "you disagree with me, so you must be asleep." NOT projecting that towards you, just a personal pet peeve of mine. I can entertain ideas and ponder solutions toward many things that many of my generation consider nonsense. Perhaps I'm a tad oriented toward measurable data, and that I realize can be a downfall towards the pursuit of truth -- another elusive concept.

I don't know what circumstances occurred prior to your posting of this video.... it sounds a bit like you tried to post it and were prevented. If so, I think disillusionment is spot on. I felt a certain familiarity toward the video, not unlike some of the things I've examined myself. Again, I enjoyed watching it, and found myself nodding my head a time or two in agreement.

There's a lot to learn and know and seek and find. I welcome you as a compatriot on the course of the journey.

Don't forget to smile and laugh. It's part of the big picture.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

i think it more has to do w/ some of us were in the dark on why the thread was taken off for review by staff. rest assured, just bc i don't want others to be under the wrong impression, that the situation is being handled and fairly. again, some of us just weren't aware of the reasons.

the staff is still a fair staff and we can post assured that if we follow the rules, things will be handled fairly.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I want to apologize to this community for this thread.

The title was an exaggeration in itself.

I jumped the gun simply because I liked the video and decided without doing some investigation and research as to prior history that came before that particular thread.

I have been on here long enough to know that all in all this site is User Content and not about Censorship.

I made a similar thread before and I feel it was valid and management immediately responded and took action to alleviate what they also felt were valid concerns.

To the staff that I respect and the Administration which I trust, please accept my honest apology and regret at my quick judgement.

Call it Contempt before investigation!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
the government have been trying to cover aliens for more than 100 years

new topics

top topics

join