It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legend of the African lion alive in Colorado Springs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This to make looks exactly like a male lion it you look at its backend and the curved tail.This sucker been loose i guess in Colorado as people eye witnessed it.Sure can happen as you see these tiny exotic animal farms just barely able to keep a lion enclosed with chicken wire.

Picture link

www.rockymountainnews.com...

Story

www.rockymountainnews.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Looks like a domestic house cat to me, can't say its a Lion for sure, as there is no point of reference for sizing etc.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I live north of colorado springs and have never heard of this story. I consider myself rather up to date on in state media anyway. From the picture though its hard to tell exactly what it is because i can seem to find any reference points to judge its size. The article doesnt give much info about it either guess we will have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If i'm honest that 'picture' looks like a painting to me, but these kind of stories are all over the UK, lots of big cat sightings in the south of England. Lots of them are true from when big cats were allowed to be kept as pets and then when they got to big, just let go into the wild. The majority of the stories from over here though are pumas and panthers etc, a few cheetahs thrown in there aswell, never a male lion one though.

If someone can prove to me that a photo and not a painting it certainly looks like a lion, just look at the big thick neck and head like male lions have.

[edit on 24/7/08 by Liamoville]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Not saying I'm a big cat expert or anything but I have lately visited some Zoo's with big cats and my girlfriend loves to watch animal planet and such so I am exposed to images of African lions at least twice a week.

The image in the look to me looks like a dog of what family or species I have no idea, but by looking at the furr on the back legs and by the tail its shaped like long hair dog. The coloring of the fur also doesn't make a very convincing african lion. But that is my opionion.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
For me the questions not if its a lion or not because it definately looks like a lion but the question is whether its actually a photo or not, it looks like a painting.

top topics

join