It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian strategic bombers entitled to use airfields abroad, including inCuba - military expert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Russian strategic bombers entitled to use airfields abroad, including inCuba - military expert

www.interfax.com

MOSCOW.July 23 (Interfax-AVN)-The reaction of Gen. Norton
Schwartz,the United States Air Force Chief of Staff,to Russian
strategic bombers' possible arrival in Cuba is "inadequate," a Russian expert said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Even the Russian agrees there is no reason if Russia decided to put the bomber back in Cuba.Since between them being fueled,fitted and flying to drop its payload.Nukes would be able to hit from Sub launched within maybe 3 mins off the coast to icbm's launched across the poles in 20-30 mins.No reason other then to be stupid to put these there.Just kinda weird also stated in the news that bomber were making practice runs.What reason for it i don't know.

Russian Tu-22 bombers to conduct practical firing exercises.

www.itar-tass.com...

www.interfax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-7-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Great find man, as always you are on top of this situation.
I think they are looking for a way to get an upperhand personally.
The bombers carry the stealthed nukes (I dont think they are on them now), I didnt see that the subs were.

When I looked at the tech on them anyhow, however I dont think any discloses everything about their tech ya know?

Anyhow daily developments on this Im sure more will happen soon.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Everyone is make the basic assumption that Russian planes in Cuba equals an American threat. Look south and see who's in Moscow right now buying military material with new found oil money.

America's southern allies are the ones who had better wake up. Bombers don't automatically mean nuclear, we proved that in Afghanistan.

top topics

join