It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the love ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Preparing for another war.... suffering of middle class citizens...... abducted by aliens. Is it just me or is this world slowly rotting away ?

Click on the home page of ATS right now and tell me what you see because all I saw was a tone of aggression and hate in everyone's post.

Has anyone else noticed the world changing ?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I noticed that I can't even communicate with rarely anyone anymore, barely even anyone on this site. Not even two years ago, I had tons of friends and I was out almost every night. That has all changed. Something MAJOR has changed to the point where you can be completely friendly to everyone and show complete love and compassion, and they just give you the cold shoulder or glare at you like you have just committed a serious offense. Nobody wants to listen to anything anymore. Everyone just wants to judge.

People are dying inside, though. Don't blame anyone, really. I think it's an evolution of thought... and for something to be reborn into a higher version of itself, things have to break down and die before the upgrade can be installed, or reborn. I also think, as you start to enlighten, all the people who are still enveloped in the darkness tend to repel away from you. In this case, opposites don't attract... or maybe they do on a different dimensional level, and that's why instead feeling like "Oh good, I got all these negative people out of my life." you just feel completely alone.

I'm just holding on, trying my best to control the absolute fury that wells up inside of me sometimes because all of this. We just gotta keep reminding ourselves that it's gunna be okay and not to freak out about it.

I like to "pretend" that I am just in some highly advanced God Game, where I am completely immersed in the action... but when I want to, I can remember that this is all just a game, and I can let everything fall apart and just be... and be okay with it.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'm going to be completely honest. The only salvation I get when immersed in this God Game are people like you who feel the same way. I spend way too much time here, according to most people, but I feel like if I didn't I would get so completely lonely that I would just wither and die of hopelessness.

That was me being honest, like I usually am

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Its ok man it will all work out in the end..........You just need someone to say its going to be alright. Not everyone in this big old world is bad - There is good out there too.

No matter how big your problem is, there is always someone suffering more.

Think positive, act positive, be positive.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Heh you described it better than I could ever have. I am grateful that some one else feels the same way and I hope others do to. When some one gives you the cold shoulder what does that say about the person ? Angry ? selfish ? greedy ? untrusted ? and when someone is loving and tries to open up to the person giving him/her the cold shoulder what would you say about that person ? kind ? generous ? trusted ? loving ? Do you really think that through the increase in hate that we will evolve into a higher state of thought ? The only evolution I can think of are pricks.

Pricks that only care for them selves, live for themselves, if such a thing continues then the world will truly see the meaning of alien to each other.

I personally believe that this is very wrong and nothing good ever comes from something bad.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yes there are more people out there that have the same "prespective" sort of speak but those people are dieing out or converting into what I would like to call... pricks.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Akutski

Shocking language and no one is beyond help if we only hold out a hand and offer it in friendship.

After all what else can we do?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
True. I just want to know why this is happening ? Is it a sign of some sort ? Is life turning bitter ? What is the reason for this ?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well I am guessing that you have reached a point where you notice others more and that up to now you have been somewhat closed. You have matured a little and now with this new outlook in life how your fellow humans act is directly affecting you. this happened to me after my first child was born up to then I did not really care that much. Now I do and sites like ATS open you up more to more sides of humanity some dark some light, delve at your own risk.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This is not just about me. It's about everyone else. I can slowly feel people getting worse and worse. More corrupt as time goes on. This happened so slow that even I did not realize it till I left my old life style for a "vacation" to have realized that I changed. The one thing I learned from this is it is contagious and like you said, when you are around enough of the same people you eventually become one of them. Right now you are the good and they are the bad. They are increasing don't you think ?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
No I don't, its the ATS effect (i think there is a thread on it).

If you allow yourself to think that way then you will only see the bad not the good...think positive and see the good even if you have to dig a little. Its just the time, the world is suffering a little and we seem to be able to pick up on 'negative vibes man' anyway ADVICE TIME switch off the comp and go watch a comedy something like meet the fockers or the wedding singer I can guarentee if you laugh for ten minutes you will feel better and have a better outlook on life.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I know a lot of people that are knowledgeable to what is really happening in the world. But they doubt themselves. Hell, I doubt myself! The people who seek truth, the people who seek peace, they let themselves be controlled by the system.

If people who saught the truth acted upon what they want, what they wish for, then maybe, just maybe, the world would come to peace.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Yeah you are both right. However, its not like I chose to see the bad rather than the good. The fact that its surrounding us makes it almost impossible to ignore. Well all in all I just don't like where we are headed. Everything seems to be getting worse including earth itself with the global warming occurring, drainage of resources and extinction.

If you have noticed over the years even movies have been getting worse. Worse as in what we used to see as intolerable 10 years ago is becoming okay today. Look at nudity in movies. Hasn't anyone noticed how more and more nudity is being shown ? I was watching a movie that was made some time back, when the woman went into the shower they just showed her closing the shower curtains without exposing the body. Nowadays, if they made the same scene they would show the woman walking nude to the shower.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akutski

Click on the home page of ATS right now and tell me what you see because all I saw was a tone of aggression and hate in everyone's post.

Has anyone else noticed the world changing ?

I`ve been here awhile now and it hasn`t changed much at all imo (ATS I mean) it can be a very dark place where I agree and understand your thoughts on this and went through some tough times dealing with it not long after joining here years ago.I lurked here for a few years before joining and didn`t notice it as dark before joining,weird and crazy a lot of it yes, but not dark until I got involved.

If its not the negativity of the thread title its the negativity within the posts of members.I used to come here just to get a feel of the pulse of the world and it can leave me feeling depressed on occasion.I`m sure others feel the same sometimes.

The problem I think is the subjects here naturally bring out what may seem as negative when the person might actually be quite a positive person,its just clouded by the subject and debate and forced to read only text and not hear the tone etc.

I can view the world the same way and can seem all doom and gloomly and from being a child until now do not doubt the world is ever increasingly worse,but then go out on a nice sunny day and meet nice friendly people and easily forget how dark I thought it was or is getting from reading here or watching things on TV etc then everything seems just fine,maybe ignorance is bliss?

Anyway good to have you here

Where`s the love?

Here`s a bit.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

True. I just want to know why this is happening ? Is it a sign of some sort ? Is life turning bitter ? What is the reason for this ?

If you doubt love, you will not remain the ruler of your heart and you will be inclined to see more bitterness in life then goodness.
Don’t look in people behavior for what you have not looked in your conduct.
I for one don’t see any bitterness but a tremendous apatite for communication, good or bad, it linger to our core as human to express our humanity, again good or bad…
Kacou.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

\all I saw was a tone of aggression and hate in everyone's post.

That's what you see because that's what you want to see. The "Hate" isn't in "them" IT IS IN YOU!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Bit heavy for an angel fan, hate is not in him - its just his current frame of mind, tomorrow is after all another day - good day/ bad day.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I feel bad and stupid at the same time but you have all misunderstood me =S Or I just didn't explain myself well enough (I tend to do that).

When I said, I can see the aggression and hate surrounding us its not like I want to see it or just noticed it mentally... its more like a farmer looking at his oranges straight away he can see the good from the rotten without having to take a bite from a rotten one to know its rotten. Keeping that idea in your mind and combining it with what I said earlier... Now I see more oranges rotting away....

I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Read dunwichwitch's first post, he kind of explains wat I am trying to tell you in his own way XD.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You're right. It's heartbreaking to wittness what goes on around us on a daily basis. I'll throw some love your way....

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akutski

A close friend just last night asked me the same thing. The answer I gave was to point out what Jesus said about the "last days":

Matthew 24:10-12 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold.

top topics

join