It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest War Exercise In Europe 2008, In Finland, Only 100km From Russian Border!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hello, after couple of months pause from here!

As local military police, and part of Finnish Police Militia, I have get my order to join this great exercise, and to its preparations, witch will take place at begin of december 2008, near my hometown in Finland.

We are talking about joined land, air, and naval exercise where will come all the rapid forces from different european countrys, and commanders from all over the Europe. The plan is big, over 10 000 from landforces, hundreds of armours and vechiles. Special Forces, Anti-Air, Artillery, Rapid Forces, Local Forces... Fighters, helicopters, surveillance... Marines, Navy... All of them in great show just 100 km from Russian border.

In this Europes biggest exercise "Blue" will attack from west to "yellows" in east. In very similar ground that in "real" case. Narrow of the attack will cut thru two great lake territory, lakes in south, and other lakes in the north, that will be the attack narrows head.

Do we give a message here?

Why do we have this greatest war drill here in Finland, at eastern border of EU now? What is the message to east, when we collect all the most sophisticated troops from all over the Europe to here? Or is it just a drill?

I will do my best in the exercise, as sergeant of MP, and as civil police, I know that I will get all the information from the happenings, directly from the staff. I will keep this threat alive thru this exercise, and its preparations...

So, when all these preparations begins, and meetings from the drill begins in september, and continuing in november, I will keep you guys informed. "On Line"

Ask questions, I will find you answers!

[edit on 23-7-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Janus, can you give me the name of the city and name of the exercise? I'll try to fish out more information from my military contacts?

-Northwolf-

FRDF Cpl in Reserve

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well seems to be proclaiming the division of the "New World" to the "Old World". However congratulations to you for being able to be a part of this drill. This is probably a show of the military might of the "New Europe" similar to the Chinese show of force. May i ask what other countries from Europe will be involved in this excercise? and could you post any links containing information about this.

join