It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cotto vs. Margarito - Who ya got?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
My prediction, a split decision and a rematch. Cotto has a great defense and is a punishing body puncher, but he has to be wary of Margarito, who in his own right is just as devastating a body puncher (see Kermit Cintron), because he's got a motor that doesn't stop like a majority of Mexican fighters.

Great defense vs. great offense usually ends in a rather boring fight. There will be no knockdowns. Don't shell out the cash for PPV on this one.

IMO, Antonio Margarito is the superior boxer of the two.

Peace

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

well for me as i am a massive boxing fan COTTO will win due to the fact he is the best welterweight out there by miles (not that im taking anything away from margarita)I think he could even step up to light middle and have no problems in my eyes he would of taken floyd mayweather all the way and beat him. so for me Cotto all the way

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
also the quality of opponents that cotto has faced and beaten i.e
Shane Mosely,zab judah,malinaggi,Quintana,Torres,Demarcus corley,lovemore ndou,

Antonio margaritas opponents havent been all that good ie kermit cintron x 2 and to be fair he did make kermit look amautuerish, joshua clottley, paul williams, and thats basically it.

[edit on 7/24/2008 by altered_states]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Looks like the fight exceeded my expectations. Can't wait to watch it on HBO next Saturday. One thing I'll say about Cotto, he had balls taking this fight. Margarito's will is almost inhuman. Many great fighters have stayed away from him because they were scared. Gotta give Cotto props for that.

That probably just made Margarito #2 pound for pound behind Manny Pacqiao in the world.

Peace

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Dr Love]

top topics

join