It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sears tower

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentOrange

Thats what iam saying, the building is never empty, makes tons of money. Why sell it? To make 90 Million, Ok I would too, Me being in Real estate, seem too much of a profite.

I work right accross the street from the Sears tower and they have been having problems getting and keeping tenents since 9/11

I live here in chicago too 10 min north of downtown. I had just read the other day it was between 90 and 97% full all the time.

Anytime you have a building More than 85% full you are making a nice profite.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I live here in chicago too 10 min north of downtown. I had just read the other day it was between 90 and 97% full all the time.

It must have just recently started to pick up again. I heard after 9/11, a lot of companies were leaving and going to other buildings. It may have been just a rumor as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Originally posted by Earthscum
Apparently there were massive amounts of stock trade going on right before the 9-11 attack... plus (isreal?) had a company in there and kept warning of a looming attack. They pulled out and BROKE LEASE a week before the attack. Also alot of people were told to work from home that day. Can't remember exactly, but I think the building was only about 75% or so of it's normal occupancy that day.

I bet you believe the lie that 4000 Jews stayed home on 9/11 too, also.

I'll requote part of my post:

Apparently

I never said anything about believing it. Don't attack like a cornered animal. Remember that just because you don't believe something doesn't make it not true. I never said anything about the Jews part. Why do you do crap like that? Jackass... That was so totally unnessecary and uncalled for!

Now, I would like to make note of this thread by Valhall.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The extraordinary trades on United and American airlines were not stock but futures.
Basically there was an abnormal amount of "put options" on those stocks, meaning post 9/11 the purchaser could sell the the contract holder stock at a pre-determined (pre 9/11) price while buying at a much lower price after the sharp fall due to 9/11 and of course making a fortune.
These were never taken up (option being the operative word).

All very strange and not being investigated apparently.

Who the hell bought those options?

Maybe someone was just making a point? Because you couldnt seriously expect to complete the trade.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
so the sears tower is in chicago, i thought it was in seattle, is there some sort of large tower in seattle???

anyway, hopefully were just going off (as we have done before) half baked (not as in stoned lol) and nothing come's of it, but if something does, then i guess we can all say we predicted it.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausconspiracies
so the sears tower is in chicago, i thought it was in seattle, is there some sort of large tower in seattle???

anyway, hopefully were just going off (as we have done before) half baked (not as in stoned lol) and nothing come's of it, but if something does, then i guess we can all say we predicted it.

Its called the space needle in seattle.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The sale of WTC was not really a sale rather it was a 99 year lease. The transaction was driven by NY and NJ govenors desire to reduce debt and streamline operation at port authority which they wanted to concentrate on tranportation, not real estate.
The deal provided an estimated value of 3.2 billion dollars.

WTC Lease Announcement
From the press release,
"Acting Governor Donald T. DiFrancesco said, "The net lease of the World Trade Center will allow the Port Authority to maintain its revenue stream from the complex, while helping the agency to refocus on the transportation and trade projects in both states that constitute its primary mission. A strong Port Authority will be able to carry out even more projects such as the extension of the Newark Airport monorail to the Northeast Corridor rail line, the purchase of a new fleet of PATH cars, and improvements to the maritime ports and to the bridges and tunnels used by hundreds of thousands of commuters daily."

As one who works for a REIT I find it a common practice for a REIT to do a "Joint Venture" deal either through a lease or an outright sale of property with agreements providing an income through management of the asset in the case of both a sale or lease - both can provide a steady income or they can free-up cash to re-deploy in the market.

Trizec is selling assets throughout the U.S. after a huge buying spree in the 80's and 90's, I think because their operating costs along with a flat rental market caught up with them. The key number for investors in a REIT is "FFO" meaning "Funds From Operations", Trizec has been performing under market in this number and one way to pump it is through sale of assets like the Sears tower.

So that explains Trizec selling its interest to Metlife to avoid default on its mortgage held by Metlife whilst still operating the building.

From an article on the Trizec/Metlife deal
"Last September, MetLife acquired Trizec Poperties' ownership stake in the building for $9 million. Trizec controlled the property through a second mortgage but had not taken title to the building. Trizec sold its stake to MetLife to avoid defaulting on the $760 million loan. Prior to the sale, the two parties had tried but were unsuccessful in negotiating better loan terms for Trizec."

Metlife as an institutional owner like many mortgage holders of the 1980s and again in 2001-4 in a down office market- is not in the business of operating and leasing a property with a direct exposure to their investors, Metlife is much better off either taking cash-out or writing a new morgage package once again moving to a passive investment stance.
www.cpnonline.com...

For what stands as smart business deals on the part of companies involved - its hard for me to take the leap that these deals construe or portend a conspiracy to premeditate an attack.

Sears tower as the tallest building now standing in the US is an inviting target and if attacked, I feel that it would be happenstance in connection with these deals.

Just my opinion as one in the "business"

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Thats what iam saying, the building is never empty, makes tons of money. Why sell it? To make 90 Million, Ok I would too, Me being in Real estate, seem too much of a profite.

I work right accross the street from the Sears tower and they have been having problems getting and keeping tenents since 9/11

Damn - So do I.
(on Adams)

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

I live in elk grove which is home to united airlines and i'v been noticing a lot of drills going on with the fire depts. I wonder if they are getting a little spooked?

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Also it has been 911 days since the twin towers were hit and the trains in spain blew up

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The same people who held the lease on the Twin Towers are buying the Sears tower. Now this is getting interesting.

MetLife Inc., owner of the 110-story tower in the West Loop, disclosed the sale Thursday. MetLife wouldn't reveal the buyers, but a source close to the sale said they are New York investors who held the lease on the World Trade Center.

The buyers, the source said, are Lloyd Goldman, Joseph Cayre and Jeffrey Feil. The same men also were named as the buyers by the Slatin Report, a Web site covering New York real estate. All are prominent but secretive Manhattan landlords.

Goldman and Cayre joined with Larry Silverstein in buying the trade center lease for $3.2 billion months before the twin towers were destroyed in the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

www.suntimes.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
The same people who held the lease on the Twin Towers are buying the Sears tower. Now this is getting interesting.

MetLife Inc., owner of the 110-story tower in the West Loop, disclosed the sale Thursday. MetLife wouldn't reveal the buyers, but a source close to the sale said they are New York investors who held the lease on the World Trade Center.

The buyers, the source said, are Lloyd Goldman, Joseph Cayre and Jeffrey Feil. The same men also were named as the buyers by the Slatin Report, a Web site covering New York real estate. All are prominent but secretive Manhattan landlords.

Goldman and Cayre joined with Larry Silverstein in buying the trade center lease for $3.2 billion months before the twin towers were destroyed in the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

www.suntimes.com...

That is very very intresting. Wouldnt that be some bad luck. Buy a lease to the best buildings in the US, buildings get hit by planes. Buy the next best thing and
Nuke hits it. #y luck it would be.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
There seems to be an intrest in the Sears tower, could you please add them to this post. thanks alot.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
OK, I'll add my post to this list.

Library and Sears towers were targets.

Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, al Qaeda's purported operations chief, has told U.S. interrogators that the group had been planning attacks on the Library Tower in Los Angeles and the Sears Tower in Chicago on the heels of the September 11, 2001, terror strikes.

washingtontimes.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
One thing I should point out, insurance companies are some of the largest real estate owners in this country.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Keep in mind that the Sears tower is getting to be an old building. 30 years old,

and core construction is made of 9 bundled square tubes, each 75 ft. wide with no columns between the core and perimeter. Two of the tubes are 50 floors high, two are 66 floors, three are 90, and two are 108.
www.emporis.com...

Thinking about this, what other ways are there to dispose of old tall buildings full of asbestos.

Who bought it and how much?...

The sale price was a better-than-expected $835 million, according to the Chicago Tribune, citing sources familiar with the matter. The newspaper named Manhattan real-estate entrepreneurs Jeffrey Feil and Joseph Chetrit, both of whom have previously bought downtown Chicago office buildings, as being among the group's several investors.
wcbs880.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
We should remain concerned about this, especially as we draw nearer the 'election'

Rhi

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I found this today too: aoreport.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausconspiracies

Actually, Seattle has the Columbia Tower. Not as recognizable as the Space Needle (which has been repeatedly threatened by terrorists priot to 9/11, hence, why our millineum city party for the New years beneath it was cancelled, due to terrorist threats and arrests from canada). Columbia Tower is the Tallest Building West of the Mississipi River, so it bears signifigance. With the stagnant Economy in Seattle, downtown has had a vacancy rate of about 20%.

Curiously, prior to 9/11, Boeing, which began, and for 70 Years, gave Seattle its nickname "Jet City", moved to Chicago. Signifigance?

As to the world trade center, heres the scoop.

A Man named Andrew Silverstein (With ties to Israeli govornment, not light ones) leased the WTC a while back.

The curious thing about that, is the WTC was still owned by the NYC port Authority. But...........

Andrew Silverstein took out a multi billion dollar insurance policy on the WTC 7 weeks before the disaster. Now thats where the signifigance lies.

This is a great thread. the Sears Tower, for a while, beat the WTC as the worlds tallest building. Its still the tallest in America. I have been up there ( my whole family hails from Chicago). You can actually feel that sucker sway int he wind.

It would make a very appetising target, and this curious exchange of owners is very important to keep an eye on.

Someone long gone from here told us once "follow the money, nothing else matters".

Had we been aware of what was going on behind the scenes prior to 9/11, and had looked at the curious flow of money, to whom, who was buying, selling, insuring, investing, ect, we would have learned maybe not the details of what would happen, but somethign was going on that would center around United and American Airlines, and the WTC.

Remeber folks, always:

FOLLOW THE MONEY. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

This is a great post. Good work, keep it up, and keep those hawk eyes open for these sort of developments. These are VERY important.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
im getting the feeling that this buyer was in fact linked to the WTC disaster and now that he is purchasing the sears tower it is the next one to fall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join