It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Constant Gifts I Recieve, how would one explain that to someone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The amount of possessiveness and demands for material needs of 'modern' Americans is amazing to me. The dependence on 'things' to achieve happiness and stature among the masses is truly blinding the populace. For me to look at the people, I wonder do they understand that humans own nothing, cannot posses power or control in reality without manipulation. Whys is it that these days such understanding is lacking almost completely from the minds of those around, Do these individuals know what understanding encompasses really?

I feel that most times even opening my mouth in explanation to anyone is wasted time, for the only thing important to them is to look the image of Hollywood, Cheating relationships, follow the TV, drink or drug themselves to oblivion, obtain the best distractions that separating from their money will buy for short periods of time. Even acting out video games!!!

...for me...
I constantly receive continual gifts, of Environment, Oxygen, Water and food in order to survive and prosper. Despite the facts that people state you pay for it, well money aside, if these gifts, suddenly disappeared no amount of money could change that outcome!

My goal is for expression of real significance in the world, true truths, meaningful lives and sharing the philosophies that spawn preservation, freedom and independance from hostilities, corruption, money and systems of belief that destroy our ability as a species to grow, due to installed traits of intolerance, segregation and religion based scapegoats and violence.

[how would one explain below]
As I was taught, I come from nothing, I have nothing, I know nothing very well, how would or could one possibly explain this to the folks I described above(?)

I ask alot, where would one start?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Have you ever heard of Timothy Freke?

I just discovered him, and I think he does a very good job of explaining things such as consciousness, the self, and things in which you are referring to. Indeed, we are the emptiness witnessing itself.

Please, take a look. This guy is saying some fantastic stuff. There's a lot of free info/audio/video on the site:

Timothy Freke

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have done some research about him, currently trying to find audio and video of his work.

I'll be studying up and let oyu know what I think.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Does it ever seem to you that what is going on outside in the world is a mirroring of what is going on inside the body? The noise and the busy work of living seem like a contrivance on the one hand, as if we are keeping busy purposefully so that we can remain unaware of the deeper levels of connection. And that is where "we" starts to become "I". All day long, there is a steady stream of information passing through your noggin, but it just seems like "noise", and it isn't loud enough to compete with the interaction between bodies and personalities.

Julian Jaynes was at least partially correct. He placed the dynamic interaction between complementary structures in the left and right hemispheres, but that isn't the whole story. The struggle in the world over resources is a mirroring of the relative strength of various processing areas of the brain. "He will step on your head, and you will bruise his heel" is a sketch of the brain plan, isn't it?

Everything is a mirror.

top topics

join