It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the F-23 (PAV-1@Dayton PAV-2@Northrop?)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Please see 4 posts above you for the details.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Canada_EH

Canada_EH,
I am still waiting for any official feed back from Northrop Grumman. I will post as soon as I get any thing from them.

Daniel.

P.S... that is the full scale RCS model sat in the desert.

RCS model

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Thanks Dan look forward to hearing from NG.
Also that link on the RCS model is the same I posted early. Question is if its still located there? I check Google maps and it appears that it was still there the last time the image was took. Mind you it looks like it may even be the same image. Anyway that we can figure out when the image was taken last?

I'll do some more hunting but let me know if you find anything more.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Any one else here feel that the F-22 was selected due to political maneuvering as opposed to shear merit?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HatTrick
Any one else here feel that the F-22 was selected due to political maneuvering as opposed to shear merit?

Hey Hatrick, how about trying to help Canada_EH with finding out the status of PAV-2? then when this is cleared up i am sure he and others will be glad to chew the fat about all of the stuff behind it, or point you to a relevant thread.

Daniel.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Sounds like the PAV-1 800 airframe is just waiting for paint and decals as of June 08 now. Hopefully we will see it on display and Wright Pat by the end of the year.

Still hunting about the RCS model and SAT images and the PAV-2 status.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

found a pic of it taking off. cool looking plane.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Really solid work guys

Its still possible that they used the air frames for something other than restoration and are now getting to it. but I cannot wait to see them on static display again.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I hope Intelgurl doesn't mind, but I really took a good deep dig through ATS. (I know, I'm sad like that when I am in the mood to search for information)

I have been watching this thread with interest but did not want to post anything until I heard from some associates of mine.

First, this story about the FB-23 model being for sale on Ebay and then being pulled from the site is true and there was indeed an article about it in Flight International magazine.
"Northrop Grumman regional bomber 'for sale' on eBay"

Here is an artists rendering of the FB-23 concept.

There's another mystery surrounding the YF-23's that I'm trying to get to the bottom of...
87-801 (PAV2) that was at the Western Museum of Flight is now at Northrop.

BUT - I'm curious as to what happened to #87-800 (PAV1), it was at Edwards, then in spring 2004 a C-5 came to pick it up. Paperwork said it was going to WP AFB for some sprucing up but it never arrived according to sources at WP.
What happened to it?

I have contacted a person I know at Northrop and he says that 801 is definitely at Northrop but he knows nothing about 800.

My gut feeling tells me that it is at Northrop Advanced Development.

ATS page 2005

Dammit..... thats some insider info. Maybe Fred_T is right... its now being passed back into the white world as the black has finished with it.

Am still waiting on Northrops reply though.
See what they have to say.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Actually thats PAV-1 on a taxi way not on a take off roll though I'm sure that is where he could be headed.

Outside of that can anyone please U2U info or post here how to confirm dates on Satellite images from Google. I can't find anything so far. Lets keep the hunt going. Also if we know of anyone in LA that we could be in-touch with to see if they could check the Northrop facility on Aviation Road for the 23 sitting outside that may work too.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

I'm curious as to what happened to #87-800 (PAV1), it was at Edwards, then in spring 2004 a C-5 came to pick it up. Paperwork said it was going to WP AFB for some sprucing up but it never arrived according to sources at WP.

Dammit..... thats some insider info.

Now what Intelgurl has said there goes against what I was told in my email from Wright Pat Museum.

Thank you for contacting the National Museum of the United States Air
Force. Northrop YF-23A 87-0800 was acquired by the museum in May 1996.
The aircraft is currently being restored for anticipated future exhibit.

Brett Stolle
Curator
NMUSAF/MUA
Research Division

So Basically its Bretts word against Intelgurls source. Now I will say that I find it hard to believe that the airframe sat around for around 12 years and wasn't able to be finish any work on it in that time.
This may call for a 2nd email to Brett... What do you guys think?
Also Bios if you can check with Intelgurl or if she can say if she has found out anything else that she can share that would be great.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I say a second email, because Intlegurl would surely know if she was being fed a red herring!

Its worth a shot, because theres some thing really 'wrong' with the official time lines for both aircraft!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So we have several times and dates for the dissapearnace

I am skeptical about the claim that Wp had one in 1996 and if so, 12 years to refurbish?

So we have differing timelines for the removal of both aircraft.

PAV-2 was loaned to the Western Museum of FLight in 1995

The Western Museum of Flight's YF-23A "Black Widow II" PAV-2 used two General Electric YF120 engines. YF-23A PAV-1 used two Pratt & Whitney YF119 engines. YF-23A "Black Widow II" PAV-2 was delivered in October 1995 to the Northrop Grumman Hawthorne facility where it underwent some preliminary repairs in preparation for formal restoration activities at the Western Museum of Flight. www.wmof.com...

We know it was there in 2001 aircraftstories.free.fr...

The pic in this thread would also be interesting to see if we can figure out the date it was taken

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Theres some big lies being told about this aircraft.

Look, here is a picture from the United states Airforce Museum. Its dated as a 2008 pic!

USAF Museum

Dammit, the EXIF data on the full sized one says 2008.... So, I think we have a problem. Who or what organisation is playing 'hide the YF-23' ? and why?

My suspicious mind says thye have tarted up the RCS model and taken the real flyable craft off for tests out of sight out of mind type of thing.

Edited. Right, Bios says one is at Tonopah, one is here being restored, so whats sat at the Northrop plant basking in the sun?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Fred_T,
this is that same image from another angle.

So i thought I would download the origional and see if it had EXIF data on it... heres the results.

Hope that helps you out.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Theres some big lies being told about this airframe.

Look, here is a picture from the United states Airforce Museum. Its dated as a 2008 pic!
USAF Museum

The thing is Dan is that the image you posted is correct and is a resent shot that was taken during the final stages of refurbishment on 800 at WP. Probably sometime around Apr-June of 2008. There is nothing wrong with the 2008 time line as even mentioned the front canopy glass is removed as a new one is fabricated during one of the final job for the project.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bios
One of them is at Tonopah according the my wife Intelgurl. Alojng with some accompanying airframes that she can not discuss - (Northrop has the NGB contract in case you didnt know... this is not common information)

Yep, some ones playing hunt the YF-23 if Bios and intelgurl are right, and I have not a shred of doubt that they are not correct.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Canada_EH

Is that the 'dark' version? man, I need a new lap top screen. Sorry canada - want me to delete the post?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

reply to post by FredT

Fred_T,
this is that same image from another angle.

Its not though it may be at the same location and in a similar state its not the same time as in day probably. Look at the mattresses and you will see a caution banner on the one you posted and the one Fred linked doesn't have it there.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

No no don't worry about it my post already corrects it so if people read they will know thats its actually a current image.
*Only thing is if you where thinking it was 801 / PAV-2 you should of said so as it did confuse me a bit as to what you though was wrong with it being at WP Museum. To be clear it is 800 PAV-1 at the WP Museum.

Also I have sent a email to the web master of www.enginehistory.org who hosts a lot of this Gary Brossett's images. Hopefully I can get some more details on the image thought it does appear that its at WP Museum. Its more a matter of when it was taken as I do recall seeing this image around for quite some time.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Canada_EH]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join