It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Jehovah Witness Encounter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
About a year ago, I was doing some gardening in the front yard, when this Jehovah Witness (haitan lady) approached me and gave me her talk..
.blah..blah..blah..you guys know the deal, anyway, I didn't respond much to her and she left me a copy of the Watchtower and went away. Since then I keep finding watchtower magazines at my door, at least once a month. Well I had no problem with this, being that I live in a gated community where no soliciting etc is allowed, someone in the community must be inviting her and allowing her access in.

Anyway, today as I was leaving the house to pick up my kids, I tripped on a stupid toy on the stairs and twisted my ankle pretty badly, pissed off and in pain I open the door and imagine my surprise, when I see this woman standing infront of my door praying. She was standing there eyes closed with bible in hand.

I asked her "what the hell are you doing?" (yes i realize not the best choice of words, but I was pretty grumpy at the moment)
Anyway, she says to me, she felt negativity surrounding my home and that she was praying for me. Anyway, I told her thanks, told her to leave her watchtower and went to pick up my kids.

When I returned home, I found the magazine at my door and on the steps leading up to the door, were several chalk marks of crosses. I hosed them down, but I am wondering what da hell was all of that about????

any ideas or theories??? I am little disturbed by it, and I may complain to the security, but I don't want to be rash...I just feel really pissy right now.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Do you have big dogs? You can always release them on any Jehova fool.

Now for some real advice:

Ask her politely not to trouble you with her bogus cult, and explain that you value holidays and your birthday and that you dont ever want to see her in front of your house again or you'll get medieval.

Thats the only method that really works, besides setting the Watchtower brochures aflame in front of her face.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't know if I really have a problem with her or not, I mean I only spoke to twice now, the first time last year and today. usually I find the magazines which end up in the garbage.

but what's up with the crosses????

is that part of their practice??

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

but what's up with the crosses????

is that part of their practice??

I dont know, that struck me as kind of weird. Maybe she's a little unstable.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
About a year ago, I was doing some gardening in the front yard, when this Jehovah Witness (haitan lady) approached me and gave me her talk..
.blah..blah..blah..you guys know the deal, anyway, I didn't respond much to her and she left me a copy of the Watchtower and went away. Since then I keep finding watchtower magazines at my door, at least once a month. Well I had no problem with this, being that I live in a gated community where no soliciting etc is allowed, someone in the community must be inviting her and allowing her access in.

Anyway, today as I was leaving the house to pick up my kids, I tripped on a stupid toy on the stairs and twisted my ankle pretty badly, pissed off and in pain I open the door and imagine my surprise, when I see this woman standing infront of my door praying. She was standing there eyes closed with bible in hand.

I asked her "what the hell are you doing?" (yes i realize not the best choice of words, but I was pretty grumpy at the moment)
Anyway, she says to me, she felt negativity surrounding my home and that she was praying for me. Anyway, I told her thanks, told her to leave her watchtower and went to pick up my kids.

When I returned home, I found the magazine at my door and on the steps leading up to the door, were several chalk marks of crosses. I hosed them down, but I am wondering what da hell was all of that about????

any ideas or theories??? I am little disturbed by it, and I may complain to the security, but I don't want to be rash...I just feel really pissy right now.

I have had 2 encounters with "them" and always politley listened to what they said and explained that I am of the Pentecostal faith and that I appreciate thier efforts, but I think it's best that they find someone else to visit with as we agree to disagree.

I would definitely bring this to your community management and security, what if they have not been invited in ? I know that they are only doing what they think is right.

What if they start to do more, since you have been nice to them in the beginning. They prayed for you and left the magazine, but drawing chalk crosses on the walk, that's weird.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
oh man... a similar thing happened to me and my roommate recently. Jehovas Witnesses knocked on our door 2-3 times a week for months! although we said we are not interested. I live on student campus in Vienna and they got our names from the list at the main entrance. They were looking for non-christian names ( i am muslim) and they said to us that we dont know jesus and we wont be saved. They see it as their mission to convert and they fully believe that. They were constantly leaving their shiny happy leaflets at our doorstep. In the end we reported that to the management. As it turned out we were not the only victims. They got warned not to come to campus again, if they do police will be notified.

The cross she drew infront of your door is supposed to save your soul and lead you to the right way (their way). Usualy they are not violent but if this continues I would advise you to notify the security.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
thanks guys....I was a little paranoid, and being a little stereotypical, thought maybe she was doing some voodoo on my house or something like that.

I will report her to the security, or at least find out who is letting her in and maybe talk to them.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
wow, that's off. they never come by my place anymore, though i wish they would. i miss slamming doors and telling them to bugger off.

my grandma and i live in the same neighborhood, about half a mile from each other. their little local gathering place is her neighbor's house. it's really annoying because they'll block her driveway or even park in it. when asked to stop they told me that it didn't matter because i wasn't one with christ. needless to say, it's amusing how lexuses and mercesdes look with some scratches in them. *shrugs*

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I was at home one day bored out of my mind when two JW women appeared at the door. One was quite young and was obviously being trained by the elder woman.

You can imagine the look on their faces when I actually invited them in to talk. They obviously thought I was a 'Potential convert'

Never mind - they know better now

After 30 minutes of my chat on theology, God, Jesus and the state of the world, they gave up in despair and went away. I never saw them again.

I did the same to one of the 'Hare Krishna' people who confronted me one day in the middle of the city. I was bored again - I actually felt sorry for the poor bugger when he eventually gave up. But not that sorry.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
You da man Pisky!!!

They don't bother me here anymore, even though the kingdom hall is a street away..

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Another trick for them to not bother you anymore: answer the door naked.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
just get a couple of signs for your front yard: "ALL Trespassers will be SHOT", & "Security Provided by Smith & Wesson"

(Jahovie)--->

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Ask her how to contact her church....then do so, but report her to her handlers, and explain that you don't want to see them again....

I'm guessing she's one of the more unstable ones...and this needs to be nipped in the bud, before it gets worse.....

Seriously....and a No Solicitation sign may help....

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I did notify security and the board, they said they will contact the person who lets them in, but wouldn't tell me who. I know they will deal with it though.

some of those ideas were pretty good

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The cross thing was no biggie. JW's place tape crosses all over the shed of our little league. We got rid of them, though. Once when my dad was mowing the fields with jis big ride on mower, this JW came up and spurted his crap at my dad. My dad was just like, we don't want you here get out. He didn't leave, so my dad chased him away with the mower.

Run Forrest RUN!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
i was stopped by three mormons today. i had time to kill getting to class, so i figured i would lisen just for the hell of it. then, when i said i had to go they kept blocking my path around them. i'm not a physical person, but i ended pushing one of them out of my way. i felt kind of bad. should i have? i mean, they wouldn't let me go!

ET3

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Maybe my knowledge of the different dogmas of churches needs updated, or they are not JW�s. JW�s do not use the cross in worship nor would they mark anything with a cross, as they believe Jesus died on a stake or pole.

So who were they really, you can bet they weren't real JW's?

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
True, Jehovah's Witnesses believe the cross to be of pagan origin and idolatry, hence it would therefore be going directly against their beliefs. Also what you explained as "her feeling negativity" that kinda puts me in the mind of witchcraft or some strange junk, which again they are totally against. So I would have to agree with ET3 and ask the question as to who they really were, because they obviously were not Jehovah's Witnesses. And anyone can get copies of the Watchtower and Awake! magazines. And just for the record I have found the Jehovah's Witnesses to be quite friendly and besides they are the only Christian Organization that follows the command set forth in the bible at Matthew 24:14 and Mark 13:10, they have my full support.

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by Watchful-Eye]

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Nextime..........walk out brandishing a shotgun and tell her that you do lots of '___' and you are out to kill all the Jehovas Witnesses because they are the devil's spawn.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Maybe my knowledge of the different dogmas of churches needs updated, or they are not JW�s. JW�s do not use the cross in worship nor would they mark anything with a cross, as they believe Jesus died on a stake or pole.

So who were they really, you can bet they weren't real JW's?

Good point, can't believe I skipped over this...

Personally, I have a hard time seeing how they recruit anybody.....

1. No holidays, including Christmas, Birthdays, etc.
2. Their basic belief is a fallacy. According to the bible, only something like 450,000 will be saved at the rapture, and these would all (according to the bible) be virgin men who are descended from the 12 tribes of Isreal.... So where's the incentive for female members???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join