It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and Bush sound the same

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Seems like Mr. Obama is falling in line with the current administration's assesment of the nice folks over in Iran. Take a look at these two quotes.

Bush:

"Iran armed with a nuclear weapon poses a grave threat to the security of the world," said Bush at a joint appearance with Merkel at the White House.

Source: www.cnn.com...

Now Obama:

"A nuclear Iran would pose a grave threat and the world must prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon," Obama told reporters after visiting the Israeli town of Sderot, which lies close to the border with the Hamas-run Gaza Strip.

Source: www.reuters.com...

Are all these guys reading from the same playbook?

I'm a little shocked Obama would make this kind of statement. It appears rather convenient he would tout this policy while a guest of the Israelis. He does cater his speeches to the crowd at hand after all.

And finally; I am taken back by comments like this from Obama.

"Iranians need to understand that whether it's the Bush administration or the Obama administration, this is a paramount concern to the United States," he said in Sderot,

source: www.reuters.com...

Someone needs to tell him he's still in a race for POTUS. He seems to think that part is just a formality.

Becker

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Becker44]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'm failing to see what the problem is. Why are you surprised by what Obama said? Antagonism between the United States and Iran did not begin with Bush, nor will it end there. Iran stands in opposition to the United States and our allies in the region; Obama will continue to pursue policies that benefit the United States.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think the issue here is that Obama supporters thought they were cheering for a guy that was a polar opposite to Bush. Now they're seeing him come to the same conclusions as the Bush Administration about foreign policy.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

I agree. Its an issue and a potential problem for him for no other reason than the fact that he's been preaching 'Hope and Change' and marketing himself as an anti-war candidate for the last year. But now, when political reality has apparently dawned on him, he's making a u-turn and heading full throttle towards the foreign policy positions of McCain and the Bush administration.

Granted, I fully expected him to make a dead-run to the political right once he had secured the nomination, just like every other Dem politician does in a national election.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Ding Ding Ding.....We have a winner.

On the button Blue. I am amazed how the "followers" think this man is a revolutionary of some kind.

Becker

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Granted, I fully expected him to make a dead-run to the political right once he had secured the nomination, just like every other Dem politician does in a national election.

So are you saying the Dems are easily fooled by their candidates? Will they buy into the rhetoric and then start the moaning and groaning cycle all over again?

Good post!

Becker

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

I don't know if I'd go quite that far in accusing all of his supporters of being naive, but it should be becoming quite obvious that Obama is nothing more or less than a run-of-the-mill Dem candidate, albeit one wrapped up in a lot of pretty talk, hype and BS. I'm only 30, but I've seen this little dog and pony show too many times from Dem candidates at all levels to be impressed or surprised by it anymore.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Disappointing. I guess he is going by the same insane sources that the Bush administration does.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
For me, Obama has too many ulterior conflicting interests much like Bush, although with Obama it seems it has way more to do with religion, whereas Bush just used religion to maintain a stronghold on key areas and resources (mainly being the middle-east and oil) although he's put his hands in everything that benefits his family or friends, (didn't know the presidency was used for such things) .. These egomaniacs are destroying the planet with THEIR intentions of self gratification and/or self imposed reality.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

This is exactly correct. All the years of bush bashing is going to end with a democrat administration, making the same conclusions as the previous. Thats what happens when you live in your own little reality for 7 years.

Its like the democrats were so angry about losing in 2000/2004, that they would take stances simply because they were opposite of Bush. What ever happened to the civil war in Iraq? What ever happened to the "No Al'Qaeda In Iraq" mantra that we used to constantly hear from them? They said the surge would be a catastrophe! They are constantly wrong, because they fail to deal with reality, in favor of taking completely partisan positions.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Obama copies everyone. He is repeating Bush's stance on Iran in order to win over conservative voters who do not much like McCain because McCain happens to be more liberal.

It isn't his "true" stance, just one to rake in some votes. Most people are privy to his BS, so they'll still be voting him out of the election.

top topics

join