It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Could It Be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I’m sure many of you have experienced the same things I have in my life but I’ve always wondered exactly what it could be.

I’ve wondered if I was being warned by someone on the other side like a spirit or a guardian angel watching over us or perhaps using natural ability of intuition sensing something that is about to happen before it does.

What I am talking about is there are many times where I was given a thought or heard a voice that directed me away from a potential accident.

Example. I was in Hong Kong with my husband and we were about to cross the road when I heard someone call my name so I turned around and stopped looking for that person when a car came zooming past us and hit the people crossing the road that were with us when we started walking. So if we would have continued we would have also been hit.

That is one example: Another one is I was driving up a canyon when I had a strong feeling I just need to pull over so I did, just around the corner of this steep canyon came a truck that caught ice and started sliding out of control in both lanes. This would have definitely struck us if I had not pulled over.

These are a few examples I have in my lifetime and I’m sure many of you have experienced something similar to what I have so my question is:

WHAT IS IT IN YOUR OPINION?

Is it a guardian angel whispering to you?
A relative in the afterlife?
Your own sub-conscious mind?
The holy Spirit? God? Extraterrestrial watching over you?
Or your own intuition...your natural instinct capabilities for-warning you somehow?

I have not come to a conclusion of what I think warned me off the road a few times in my life that possibly saved my life. But I do wonder about it often.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yes this has been well documented in the past - people warned off the Titanic, plane crashes etc

Obviously it could be any of the things you suggest as none of us really know, we just have our belief system, in to which we tend to fit our experiences.

Over my life I have screamed/begged for help from Jesus a couple of times - just after i had managed to seriously injured myself when there was nobody else around and I was lapsing in and out of consciousness but somehow I managed to stagger/crawl (I don't remember) far enough to find help. This was when I had no real belief sytem as such just a belief in good and evil or light and dark if you prefer.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well, considering the examples you listed were two, a lot of bad things happen to people. If you think about it, it was less likely for you to be hit by a car in the first place than not be, it was less likely to crash with the truck than not to be.

A lot of these cases documented can be attributed to a sense of intuition, but I'd have attribute those to luck.

I was going to go to Chechnya, although, I decided to go to a different airport to get there, the flight from the other one at roughly the same time was hijacked and all the people inside were killed during a failed attack on the terrorists. It's not a truthful story, it's not real, but it sounds as if I hadnt of made the random decision I would have surely been killed. But it was clearly just a 50% chance. Being hit by a car or being in a crash with a truck is very unlikely. 50% chance for the airport, and then what, a 1 percent chance for the plain hijack? Maybe less.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinnj
Well, considering the examples you listed were two, a lot of bad things happen to people. If you think about it, it was less likely for you to be hit by a car in the first place than not be, it was less likely to crash with the truck than not to be.

A lot of these cases documented can be attributed to a sense of intuition, but I'd have attribute those to luck.

I was going to go to Chechnya, although, I decided to go to a different airport to get there, the flight from the other one at roughly the same time was hijacked and all the people inside were killed during a failed attack on the terrorists. It's not a truthful story, it's not real, but it sounds as if I hadnt of made the random decision I would have surely been killed. But it was clearly just a 50% chance. Being hit by a car or being in a crash with a truck is very unlikely. 50% chance for the airport, and then what, a 1 percent chance for the plain hijack? Maybe less.

Fair enough, I actually was hit by a car once so who knows it all could come down to pure imagination and luck.

top topics

join